Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event- Great Dragon Wall

+47
BlackSliver
applesauce
doublej1965
Gosh
gvs007
UnderGround
mewantcookies
Event Horizon
Joe Smoe
ILVS2
DevilJin6Six6
Pook and Pie
Ripshard
Eladamri
Mortium
prancey
JessicaMD
Abrakadaver
krisirk
verbalkintify
Armitaage
sleekr
darkeon
robinsonsteve62
General Osf
Stormbringer65
ctigers124
Xoct
Bodacious Beef Bazooka
Delilah
light
espnted
mydroid4
kheimon
Volrath
ryesteve
kyan
Bestron2
silentsong
dr4ko
Liberator
Vallette
Trakt
God_of_War
xalthos
Gav
blah
51 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Event- Great Dragon Wall - Page 3 Empty Re: Event- Great Dragon Wall

Post by General Osf Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm

ryesteve wrote:After two weeks of Woe, don't we need a break from "competitive"?

I agree, a breather is nice once in a while. Also, A-team says that you should expect powerful monsters in the second half of event, which might be a reason why you would need progression... I won't use 3 progression monsta.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 pm

i have to say that i do love all the Ally pointsd and gold that you get from this event though.

and as far as ally dropping, you do loose BP points when you do that, i have done it one a few occations and went from 195 BP to 130BP depending on which allies i used to level which skill. but if you used all your allie +5 skill points to EP then no it will be useless becqause you will not loose any BP

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm

espnted wrote:
oh ok thanks for the info, but what you do about the prog on each guild? does it give you same bonus if u use same A+ prog as leader? thanks

The way progs work in this event is that if you set a prog as the leader you get -1 to BP usage (regardless of guild/color/wall selected). Prog+ gives -2. If you color match you get an additional -1 for that specific wall.

So, if you use a red prog+ it will give -3 BP on the red wall (color match) and -2 BP on the other walls.

You can get a decent benefit from having just 1 prog+ and using it on all 3 walls. A regular prog though will only really help out on it's matching color.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:44 pm

General Osf wrote:I agree, a breather is nice once in a while. Also, A-team says that you should expect powerful monsters in the second half of event, which might be a reason why you would need progression... I won't use 3 progression monsta.

My guess is that they'll implement a second prog that can be used to specifically debuff a big almost unkillable raid boss. Similar to how they had the lord of mobius or the death summoner in the last event.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by darkeon Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Trakt wrote:
espnted wrote:
oh ok thanks for the info, but what you do about the prog on each guild? does it give you same bonus if u use same A+ prog as leader? thanks

The way progs work in this event is that if you set a prog as the leader you get -1 to BP usage (regardless of guild/color/wall selected). Prog+ gives -2. If you color match you get an additional -1 for that specific wall.

So, if you use a red prog+ it will give -3 BP on the red wall (color match) and -2 BP on the other walls.

You can get a decent benefit from having just 1 prog+ and using it on all 3 walls. A regular prog though will only really help out on it's matching color.

I'm using 3 bps every step i do without a prog; 3 - 3 = 0, that would mean you could go ahead without using bps: how is this even possible?

darkeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

darkeon wrote:I'm using 3 bps every step i do without a prog; 3 - 3 = 0, that would mean you could go ahead without using bps: how is this even possible?

Not quite. Since your non-prog leader matches the wall color you already get a -1 for him. If you use a prog+ matching the color you would get -3 instead of just -1 making an end cost of 1bp.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by darkeon Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Trakt wrote:
darkeon wrote:I'm using 3 bps every step i do without a prog; 3 - 3 = 0, that would mean you could go ahead without using bps: how is this even possible?

Not quite. Since your non-prog leader matches the wall color you already get a -1 for him. If you use a prog+ matching the color you would get -3 instead of just -1 making an end cost of 1bp.

Ah ok, now i get it Laughing

darkeon

Back to top Go down

Post by mydroid4 Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:13 pm

What happens after you finish all lvl 1 walls?

mydroid4

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 pm

darkeon wrote:Ah ok, now i get it Laughing

Yeah, I probably could have explained that better in my first post Smile .

mydroid4 wrote:What happens after you finish all lvl 1 walls?

You go on to level 2! BP cost is increased by 1 and I'm not sure whats at the end. Could be the 22 bp dragons I see cropping up on auction.

You also unlock the infinite wall. I haven't gone far down that yet but it looks like a place where you can get the 16bp dragons again in order to + them.

Edit: You also get a free dark summon for completing all 3 walls on level 1.

Last edited by Trakt on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Dragon overload lol.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm

blah wrote:Dragon overload lol.

Totally, dude What a Face
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 pm

robinsonsteve62 wrote:i have to say that i do love all the Ally pointsd and gold that you get from this event though.

and as far as ally dropping, you do loose BP points when you do that, i have done it one a few occations and went from 195 BP to 130BP depending on which allies i used to level which skill. but if you used all your allie +5 skill points to EP then no it will be useless becqause you will not loose any BP

Unless they have changed it. that is not true. For the first bp event, I dropped allies and add bp. After the events I clear my entire ally list and my bp did not drop by 1 point. A clan mate of mine had the same experience in the repudiated lab event.

If this was the case, there would be no reason for people to spend 3000 soul points to get a skill reset.

I just tested it. Its blatantly false. The last ally I added when to bp. I just drop him and it subtracted from my ep NOT bp. Please stop spreading false information.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I agree with Kyan. You can't subtract BP unless you use skill reset. I've tried before.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Hmm... interesting. Out of curiosity I made a test account on an emulator.

Starting off you get 20 energy and 80 battle points. You gain 2 levels by going through the tutorial (+6 skill points). I then allied my main account giving me 5 more.

Out of my 11 points I put 5 into Energy and 6 into Battle points.

25 Energy
86 Battle Points.

I then removed my main as an ally and the new point totals were:

23 Energy
83 Battle Points.

I allied and de-allied a few more times and the totals always came out to 23 and 83.

It seems like the game auto-balances how many points you've added.

As a simple equation...

E= Energy
BP = Battle Points

If (E - 20) > (BP - 80) it takes from E. If it is the other way around it takes from BP.

That means for my level 70 main, the absolute minimum I can make my BP by removing allies is 183.

Since I only use 120 BP now, no matter how many allies I remove BP will never decrease.

However. It also means that there is a good amount of flexibility if you're willing to put in the effort.

By removing and adding allies I could get..

E = 123 and BP = 408
or
E = 348 and BP = 183

I can never go below 123 E or 183 BP without a skill reset though.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by sleekr Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm

ryesteve wrote:No, it doesn't work that way. When you dump, you always lose points from EP. So dumping and re-allying doesn't raise EP.

Yes, it does. I've done this twice. When you remove an ally, you lose the points from wherever you put them when you added THAT ally.

This may have changed at some stage to prevent the unlimited BP exploit.

sleekr

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Interesting... I wonder if this works until certain level or amount of BP/EP
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by sleekr Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 pm

kyan wrote:
robinsonsteve62 wrote:i have to say that i do love all the Ally pointsd and gold that you get from this event though.

Unless they have changed it. that is not true. For the first bp event, I dropped allies and add bp. After the events I clear my entire ally list and my bp did not drop by 1 point. A clan mate of mine had the same experience in the repudiated lab event.

If this was the case, there would be no reason for people to spend 3000 soul points to get a skill reset.

I just tested it. Its blatantly false. The last ally I added when to bp. I just drop him and it subtracted from my ep NOT bp. Please stop spreading false information.

Kyan

Sorry Kyan, you're wrong. It deducts from wherever you put them. *I* just tested and my BP went down from 450 to 445. Have screenshots, will upload if you wish.

sleekr

Back to top Go down

Post by sleekr Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:44 pm

What you CAN'T reallocate without a skill reset is the points you put in for levelling up.

I have 2 different accounts. On one, I used all my level up points on ep, on the other, I spent some on both ep/BP. When I ally dumped for this event, the first account went down to base BP, the second went down to around 143 BP. But BP DID go down.

sleekr

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:19 pm

A quick note, I've found my lvl 70 A+ sin team has made it through all the dragon walls flawlessly regardless of the color of the wall. Mind you, the formation I'm using for this event is very much a work in progress and is by no means elite. Maybe it had something to do with my decrease enemy attack level 8 SBW that I've had forever. Level 2 is the highest level the walls go at this moment, and the final bosses made for a few close calls, so I doubt they will make it very far at level 3.

Side note, if you have a monster with slumbering breath or venomous breath, it will show the animation of the ability but will do your normal attack instead of using the skill.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 pm

And if you read what I wrote....you would see that I said it removes points from where you allocated them...please read thoroughly before you blast someone please kyan.....I never lie nor spread false info...and I would never mislead new people.who.may be reading my posts

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 pm

sleekr wrote:What you CAN'T reallocate without a skill reset is the points you put in for levelling up.

I have 2 different accounts. On one, I used all my level up points on ep, on the other, I spent some on both ep/BP. When I ally dumped for this event, the first account went down to base BP, the second went down to around 143 BP. But BP DID go down.

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect.

Second test:

New account starts with 20/80. I leveled it to 8 giving 21 new points. Put them all into energy giving totals of:

Energy - 41
BP - 80

I then added my main as an ally giving me 5 more points.. I put them into BP.

Energy - 41
BP - 85

I removed the ally and my totals became:

Energy - 36
BP - 85

I did it a few times more, always adding to BP instead of energy for my new ally. It always subtracted from Energy instead of BP until I reached equilibrium...

Energy - 30
BP - 91

All of these numbers match the equation that I gave earlier. If I had a second ally to remove I'm 99% certain that the new totals would be:

Energy - 28
BP - 88

(italics for hypothetically values)

From a programming standpoint it doesn't make much sense to try to keep track of what points were added for what specific ally.

For instance.. what would the program do if you got 2 allies at the same time and spent 7 points on Energy and 3 points on BP? Would the program give 5 to one ally and 2/3 to the other. Or 4/1 to one and 3/2 to the other. How about for 5 allies at the same time?

It gets even more complicated if you are getting points for leveling as well. How does the program know which added points are for allies and which are for leveling?

All in all it's a mess problematically.

The equation might change at higher levels. I doubt it, but I like numbers! If someone is willing to ally dump, please let me know your end Energy/BP and Level.

I can throw the numbers into my equation and see if it still holds.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Well I have done it twice already...on the den of woes event and for this one....worked both times...I have only had an account for a month so.maybe since my account has new programming but I just tested it with my wife's account which is only 2 weeks old and again it worked...may the people who can't get it to work are not doing it right because from the sounds of it I am not the only one

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 pm

robinsonsteve62 wrote:Well I have done it twice already...on the den of woes event and for this one....worked both times...I have only had an account for a month so.maybe since my account has new programming but I just tested it with my wife's account which is only 2 weeks old and again it worked...may the people who can't get it to work are not doing it right because from the sounds of it I am not the only one

Ok, I'm willing to go through the rigors of testing Smile.

What were the starting Level, EP, and BP for your accounts along with number of allies that you had.

Then, how many allies did you remove, and what were the ending Level, EP, and BP values.

From this information I can see if your results match my results or if there is something else going on.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by light Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 pm

sleekr wrote:What you CAN'T reallocate without a skill reset is the points you put in for levelling up.

I think that's the basic point. Not that BP won't go down at all but that when this is over and people try and reallocate to EP again quite a few are going to be surprised when their BP is stuck significantly higher than it was previously and definitely higher than they would want it.

light

Back to top Go down

Post by light Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 pm

I think Trakt has flippin' nailed it. More attention needs to be given to his posts.

light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next