Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event- Great Dragon Wall

+47
BlackSliver
applesauce
doublej1965
Gosh
gvs007
UnderGround
mewantcookies
Event Horizon
Joe Smoe
ILVS2
DevilJin6Six6
Pook and Pie
Ripshard
Eladamri
Mortium
prancey
JessicaMD
Abrakadaver
krisirk
verbalkintify
Armitaage
sleekr
darkeon
robinsonsteve62
General Osf
Stormbringer65
ctigers124
Xoct
Bodacious Beef Bazooka
Delilah
light
espnted
mydroid4
kheimon
Volrath
ryesteve
kyan
Bestron2
silentsong
dr4ko
Liberator
Vallette
Trakt
God_of_War
xalthos
Gav
blah
51 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Event- Great Dragon Wall Empty Event- Great Dragon Wall

Post by blah Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:13 am

Unsurprisingly, the next event is out. Any thoughts?

They mention something about each Dragon Wall having a "specific meaning", and hinting at the 3 guilds. Also, you get an exclusive boss monster for "clearing a color". More Mobius?

blah

Back to top Go down

Event- Great Dragon Wall Empty Re: Event- Great Dragon Wall

Post by Gav Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am

Talk about Wyrm overload? 1st 3 new AAs, then new impulse wyrm with new skill (can't think of the name) now this event. Surely it will bring quite a few new wyrms with it

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by xalthos Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 am

Wyrm overload indeed...

"This time Covert, Psycho and Impulse monsters are all needed to survive..."

To me this sounds like you will need monsters from each Guild to succeed in the event... possibly a different Guild to handle each Dragon Wall?

Just speculation from me, we will find out soon enough.

xalthos

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 am

I can't work out if this make the prices of current wyrms go up due to it's possible need for this event or go down due to the increase of wyrm variety...

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 am

Well I have no Wyrms at all so I may need to do a bit of trading!

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting event. Weird that they didn't give any more specific information. Usually the teaser post has at least some hard information. Oh well, let the speculation begin!

I did check my collections log though and it looks like there are 4 new As and 3 new AAs for each guild in this event. This probably includes the 7 month anniversary stuff as well.

With 3 new AAs it's possible that one of them is an in-event AA (as opposed to post-event reward or summon). Maybe like the casts again but for defeating each of the dragon walls.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I take back what I wrote about specifics. Looks like they updated the teaser and it sounds like its going to be an almost full BP event.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Lol, another Mobius Event. Good thing I have a few teams(albeit unleveled). Maybe it's time for clan formation loaning lol.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallette Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Interesting... Glad I have a formation from each guild, but I'll be curious how hard the bosses are (Mobius quality where I have no chance, or more like a normal boss where you just need a decent team).

Vallette

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

When they talk about matching monster formations do we think they are talking about, brutes, demons, wyrms etc or guild colors of Impulse, Covert, Psycho?

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallette Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm

God_of_War wrote:When they talk about matching monster formations do we think they are talking about, brutes, demons, wyrms etc or guild colors of Impulse, Covert, Psycho?

I'd guess color (Red/purple/green) but the wyrms shown do make me wonder...

Vallette

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 pm

I think you are right given the ability to guild choose your Dark Summons at the same time.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:08 am

Lol pretty cool graphics. Can't see what's going on in the boss battles though.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberator Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:26 am

totally BP dependent,guess price of bp will rise significantly

lucky i have both psycho and rancer maxed combo team, make it easier i guess

Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr4ko Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 am

Yes you need full A+ max teams of each color.
dr4ko
dr4ko

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 am

LOL has anyone else noticed that it seems like Ateam is trying to force people to spend more and more My teacher said good "job" with each successive event? I am curious as to how they can top this event.

For this event alone, let us count the ways:

-emphasis on getting all three progress monsters
-forcing (most) players to buy stat resets
-forcing players to have full parties from each guild
-(presumably) making later level event bosses ridiculously strong to force most players to buy elixirs of resurrections

mad props to you, Ateam, for you are as ruthless as you are smart.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:50 am

Well, Ateam is ultimately just another business out to maximise its own profits - you can't blame them for trying to make more My teacher said good "job".

I'm actually a little surprised that they didn't actually include rankings in this new event (or did they?). They would have at least encouraged competitiveness and urged people to spend more.

And alternating between EP and BP focussed events will really make that You know you're beautiful flow in. A smart strategy, really, though unfortunately it'll make the EP:BP ratio continuously fluctuate.

For me, nothing Ateam does will make me spend anything on this game Very Happy . It is, and always will be, just a casual hobby I keep on the side.

EDIT: and also, what is with this "censoring"? I mean, why would you swap the word m o n e y for "My teacher said good "job" "? Why, just why?
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 am

Bestron2 wrote:EDIT: and also, what is with this "censoring"? I mean, why would you swap the word m o n e y for "My teacher said good "job" "? Why, just why?

lol i've been wondering that myself.

and i'm not really blaming them for being a business and offering goods/services for munnie. at least with DS you get the choice of whether or not you want to enhance your experience via bai-ying (sound it out) soul points.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 am

silentsong wrote:LOL has anyone else noticed that it seems like Ateam is trying to force people to spend more and more My teacher said good "job" with each successive event? I am curious as to how they can top this event.

For this event alone, let us count the ways:

-emphasis on getting all three progress monsters
-forcing (most) players to buy stat resets
-forcing players to have full parties from each guild
-(presumably) making later level event bosses ridiculously strong to force most players to buy elixirs of resurrections

mad props to you, Ateam, for you are as ruthless as you are smart.

I have made this claim before about ATeam 'forcing' you to buy from the store and got shot down that nobody forces you to spend m0n3y, you do that all yourself. However, they do pretty much "load the gun and have you hold it to your head" - anyone ever seen a Mark Wahlberg film called Shooter? Think of the boat house scene.

Bestron2 wrote:Well, Ateam is ultimately just another business out to maximise its own profits - you can't blame them for trying to make more My teacher said good "job".

I'm actually a little surprised that they didn't actually include rankings in this new event (or did they?). They would have at least encouraged competitiveness and urged people to spend more.

And alternating between EP and BP focussed events will really make that You know you're beautiful flow in. A smart strategy, really, though unfortunately it'll make the EP:BP ratio continuously fluctuate.

Wouldn't surprise me if BP became became the new EP, selling at 1BP:2EP.

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

Ateam is walking a fine line. There is a thing call too much greed. If players became too annoy, they will leave in droves. This switching of events between bp and ep and having to buy a skill reset every other events is pissing alot of people of especially those that just reset. Its not like those skill resets are cheap either. Personally I haven't spend any My teacher said good "job" on this game and I don't plan to either so I'll just sit out this event. /shrug

I think they make plenty of My teacher said good "job" as it is they don't have to be so greedy about it. Soul points are not cheap, many people have spend more My teacher said good "job" on that than many games. A smarter long term strategy is to give people enough that they keep coming back and not so little that they feel its not My teacher said good "job" well spend. I think skill reset falls into the too little for what its worth catagory.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 am

At this point, these stupid-ass filters are annoying me almost as much as A Team trying to squeeze us dry...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm

There is that fine line. But you also have to make this competitive. I think the way Ateam is doing this is just fine. You will either have to spend massive amount of time and/or massive amount of c a s h to do well.

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 pm

After two weeks of Woe, don't we need a break from "competitive"?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 pm

This is the reason why I am walking away from this game. I spent so much time getting monsters and trading via auction to the point that I can now be competitive in any event. I managed AA for the past 3 events and the most recent one had 2 Lukas. I could easily sell one Luka and make up all the EP I spent to get two. I should be able to sustain this moving forward without spending any real c a s h. but I just don't have the time anymore

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Anyone know if the new event dragons are winged?
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next