Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House changes

+36
NghiaLe
robinsonsteve62
Fenix00
qpwoalsk
JessicaMD
Event Horizon
sokiz
SwtLaotiaNix7
Bender214
GS693
Xoct
kheimon
kyan
clutchjunkie
General Osf
God_of_War
yinston
faithnomorex
Lavie
larry378
Dark Impact
EdwardStarbuck
Bobertson
Jewelguy
LeadWing85
bacsiha
Ologolos
Horg
Deathblob
Defiant
ryesteve
jbbiggdogg
silentsong
elcapitangrande
Marked0001
XJF
40 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Auction House changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Auction House changes

Post by silentsong Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:27 am

I have an idea concerning the battle system.

Make the percentage of gold you gain or lose based on the difference in BP of the two battling formations. If you defeat a formation that has a higher BP cost than your own, you should get a higher percentage of their gold. Likewise, if you lose against said formation, you will lose a higher percentage of your own gold. The values will inadvertently be reversed in cases of battling formations with lower bp costs.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 am

You know that AAs are much stronger for the same bp usage than As, right?
A team of 16 bp AAs would be stronger than a team of 35 bp A cards, for example.
You want to give AA teams even more incentive to attack much weaker A teams? Razz
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:06 am

Event Horizon wrote:Mostly what I see here is people arguing for or against banking. Which is a legitimate issue.. but it is a relatively minor one when compared to the bigger thing that this change removed.
I don't think that G Team cares at all about banking. If they did, they would have found an easier way to keep people from banking.. and there are plenty of suggestions. What they do care about however is the money they get in their pockets, especially from eps. And what was one of the easiest ways to make eps? Sell gold in auctions.. maybe? This change hurts the new players more than anything else. Whether they realize it or not. When I just started playing, I was buying everything for gold, since I had no eps. Now how does a new player get monsters? Trading? With what? Garbage As that no one needs? Eps? Which they don't have cause most won't buy them with real money? See a problem?
Some people have centered on the word 'disabled.' Thinking that may been that gold offers will be 're-enabled' some time in the future. Maybe through actual trading? Its possible.. But I don't have any hope for it. G Team doesn't think when they post these messages. I doubt they are leaving any 'hints.' Razz
All the recent changes that G Team has made have hurt the new game extensively. And I wonder why? Maybe they don't care about getting new players anymore?

New players can farm raid crystal, and sell them for EP. That's not the end for them Smile

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

"idk why people are so concerned with losing gold. to be frank, im
suprised if anyone EVER attacks me. and even when i was rocking an A+
form, i was never attacked more than like once a day for the most part.
why is everyone making this sound like some horror story lol. and also,
yeah you cant bank, and youll lose gold if you lose, but why is no one
thinking about the other end of the spectrum? HELLO, you can attack
people as well that cant bank lol"

Ok I this is a common response I'm gettung from everyone saying they can just attack to get gold back.

Lets say you are an average player (just A+ team) , People you can beat are 1, 2, 3 etc and people who can beat you are a, b, c

So what happens is everyday you attack 1, 2 etc and farm their gold, which in turn you lose to people a, b etc. Then that gold a, b...won will then be lost to people who can beat them, and so eventually the gold is moving up from the poorest weakest players with poor formations to the AA gods above. So eventually the weakest players will dry up in gold, probably cant even make more than they lose a day. Once they are out, this will move to the next hierarchy of players, who might have a decent team, but then start losing more gold than they win as well.

Therefore I think you cannot just attack everyone back (everyone you can beat) to maintain your gold unless you are the top tier players of DS.
And obviously the poor just get poorer being unable to level their monters.

Lol I just met a guy who had no ep, a team of level 1 A+ monsters who says he cant level them because he loses gold all day. And he's really stuck right now...ye

"New players can farm raid crystal, and sell them for EP. That's not the end for them"

Ye they can but it just makes everything a lot harder lol. Gold was so much easier to exchange ep with.

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 am

bacsiha wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:Mostly what I see here is people arguing for or against banking. Which is a legitimate issue.. but it is a relatively minor one when compared to the bigger thing that this change removed.
I don't think that G Team cares at all about banking. If they did, they would have found an easier way to keep people from banking.. and there are plenty of suggestions. What they do care about however is the money they get in their pockets, especially from eps. And what was one of the easiest ways to make eps? Sell gold in auctions.. maybe? This change hurts the new players more than anything else. Whether they realize it or not. When I just started playing, I was buying everything for gold, since I had no eps. Now how does a new player get monsters? Trading? With what? Garbage As that no one needs? Eps? Which they don't have cause most won't buy them with real money? See a problem?
Some people have centered on the word 'disabled.' Thinking that may been that gold offers will be 're-enabled' some time in the future. Maybe through actual trading? Its possible.. But I don't have any hope for it. G Team doesn't think when they post these messages. I doubt they are leaving any 'hints.' Razz
All the recent changes that G Team has made have hurt the new game extensively. And I wonder why? Maybe they don't care about getting new players anymore?

New players can farm raid crystal, and sell them for EP. That's not the end for them Smile

If I was a new player.. I would not be farming raid crystals. Or at least I would not want to. One of the most boring activities ever.. Why do that when there are events going on? Get even further behind? Lose lose.. I would sooner quit.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 am

qpwoalsk wrote:So what happens is everyday you attack 1, 2 etc and farm their gold, which in turn you lose to people a, b etc. Then that gold a, b...won will then be lost to people who can beat them, and so eventually the gold is moving up from the poorest weakest players with poor formations to the AA gods above. So eventually the weakest players will dry up in gold, probably cant even make more than they lose a day. Once they are out, this will move to the next hierarchy of players, who might have a decent team, but then start losing more gold than they win as well.

I think you are overplaying this a bit. People under lvl 80 don't actually get attacked much, unless they give away lots of gold in the first instance, then perhaps they will be farmed. But if you are under lvl 80, people 10 levels higher than you cannot attack you, so you dont have the worry of the top ranks with AA armies attacking you.

As larry378 pointed out earlier, he gets attacked 9+ times a day. I can bet that under 80s don't see that kind of activity. I myself am under 80 and get attacked once a week if i am lucky. The last time I was attacked was nearly 3 weeks ago. Therefore, the attacks you make will far outweigh the amount of times you have to defend. I don't really need to say anymore than this.

Defiant

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 am

Defiant wrote:I think you are overplaying this a bit. People under lvl 80 don't actually get attacked much
Why are you so focused on players under level 80? They're protected... so a level 70 player is actually a "high level" player in context. Under 80 and over 80 are like two separate games. Seriously, I don't think anyone here is concerned about players under 80.

Defiant wrote: I myself am under 80
Ah, that explains it. Check back with us when you hit 80 and let us know how much you're still enjoying the game.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Very interesting viewpoints here. But I still say...

Banking hurts this fantastic game and needed to be eliminated! So former bankers beware! Because I'm coming for your gold. plot

Just joking on that last part. But banking IS not good.
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Defiant wrote:
qpwoalsk wrote:So what happens is everyday you attack 1, 2 etc and farm their gold, which in turn you lose to people a, b etc. Then that gold a, b...won will then be lost to people who can beat them, and so eventually the gold is moving up from the poorest weakest players with poor formations to the AA gods above. So eventually the weakest players will dry up in gold, probably cant even make more than they lose a day. Once they are out, this will move to the next hierarchy of players, who might have a decent team, but then start losing more gold than they win as well.

I think you are overplaying this a bit. People under lvl 80 don't actually get attacked much, unless they give away lots of gold in the first instance, then perhaps they will be farmed. But if you are under lvl 80, people 10 levels higher than you cannot attack you, so you dont have the worry of the top ranks with AA armies attacking you.

As larry378 pointed out earlier, he gets attacked 9+ times a day. I can bet that under 80s don't see that kind of activity. I myself am under 80 and get attacked once a week if i am lucky. The last time I was attacked was nearly 3 weeks ago. Therefore, the attacks you make will far outweigh the amount of times you have to defend. I don't really need to say anymore than this.

Dohoho i WISH i got attacked 9+ times a DAY... i was saying i got hit 9 times overnight (woke up with 9 new attacks after sleeping for 7 hrs)

I'm just in top 90. I'd imagine top 50 and top 10 have it exponentially worse

Jewelguy wrote:Very interesting viewpoints here. But I still say...

Banking hurts this fantastic game and needed to be eliminated! So former bankers beware! Because I'm coming for your gold. Auction House changes - Page 4 1389741121

would you care to elaborate on how banking hurts this fantastic game and what eliminating it will accomplish?

I could conversely say

"very interesting viewpoint you have here, but I still say...

A-Team's undercover PR hurts this fantastic game and needs to be eliminated!"
[haha just kidding, but seriously, explain your position lol]

I'm still getting hit regularly, although I can say I have been actually 'making money' in terms of defensive wins now... I suppose since I usually empty my gold reserves (or nearly empty them, e.g. leaving less than 10k by saccing, and clan funding) that nobody really gets anything from me... but since they've stopped the banking system, I consistently seem to get attacked by a handful of yahoos who will basically give me 20-30k for every 5-6 people who attack me and take 1-2k. It's not really the kind of gold you can use to seriously level AA+s, but it's certainly gratifying lol. (especially when they hit right after a conga line of defensive losses; it's like you lost 4k, here! have 30! And it's enough gold to do some skill stacking and maybe work on maxing A+s.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Technically there is still a way to trade/sell gold

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Please, clue us in

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 pm

SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:Technically there is still a way to trade/sell gold

I guess you could put up a dummy team to give somebody your gold? In exchange for hoping that they will then gift you EP in return?

Useable for getting gold between alts/main I guess... I wouldn't trust this for purchasing or selling gold though.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix00 Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Jewelguy wrote:Very interesting viewpoints here. But I still say...

Banking hurts this fantastic game and needed to be eliminated! So former bankers beware! Because I'm coming for your gold. plot

Let us know when you hit lvl 80, k?

Fenix00

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:44 pm

faithnomorex wrote:
SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:Technically there is still a way to trade/sell gold

I guess you could put up a dummy team to give somebody your gold? In exchange for hoping that they will then gift you EP in return?

Useable for getting gold between alts/main I guess... I wouldn't trust this for purchasing or selling gold though.

A dummy team to give someone gold? I'm not understanding.. You can't trade gold. And monsters only sell for their bp use x 100.. unless they are the special golems.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Event Horizon wrote:A dummy team to give someone gold? I'm not understanding.. You can't trade gold. And monsters only sell for their bp use x 100.. unless they are the special golems.

I mean setting a team of C's as your form, and allowing somebody to attack you and win to take gold.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 pm

faithnomorex wrote:
Event Horizon wrote:A dummy team to give someone gold? I'm not understanding.. You can't trade gold. And monsters only sell for their bp use x 100.. unless they are the special golems.

I mean setting a team of C's as your form, and allowing somebody to attack you and win to take gold.

Bingo.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm

faithnomorex wrote:

1 offensive win per day limit.

Would work if you used a 1bp team and attack someone repeatedly to transfer gold to them
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoct Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Jewelguy wrote:Here's a valid question for only those upset about losing their gold in battles. I assume you really like winning battles and taking your opponents gold. Right? That's how you get "rich". Right? Well, if you can take others gold, then how come others can't take your gold? Doesn't sound fair. Sounds one-sided to me. Think about it.

Banking was actually stopping the people from becoming rich, and allowed those who care about their money have the opportunity to save it.

There's a rich and powerful person right,she or he attacks someone and takes their gold. That person who was attacked could think of a way to better protect his or her money, banking. Rich person is no longer able to steal money from that same target, because the victim learned a lesson; unless the victim decides to be lazy and not put money in the bank.

Now lets say we have our rich and powerful person looking for another individual to fight. This victim gets attacked and loses gold. This victim was given the same opportunity as the previous victim, to learn a lesson of better protecting his or her wealth.

However unlike Victim 1, Victim 2 decides to derp for a bit and continue making gold through quests, events, and the like. Rich guy then decides to attack this Victim 2, just in case the individual had a bit more gold to take. Surely enough, Victim 2 lost the battle, and had gold. Victim 2 continues to lose battles, and losing gold in the process.

Should it be right that the Rich person has access to all individuals to take their gold on a daily basis? Or was it better to have the Rich person waste their bp on a successful attack, but a failed looting session? Perhaps it was nicer to have the game reward individuals who used their brain to protect their money, at the cost of individuals who did not think to lose, at the same time giving all persons a chance to secure gold.

Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 am

Xoct wrote:Should it be right that the Rich person has access to all individuals to take their gold on a daily basis? Or was it better to have the Rich person waste their bp on a successful attack, but a failed looting session? Perhaps it was nicer to have the game reward individuals who used their brain to protect their money, at the cost of individuals who did not think to lose, at the same time giving all persons a chance to secure gold.

Banking was so widespread it can hardly be described as an intellectual process, no offense.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:31 am

ryesteve wrote:Why are you so focused on players under level 80? They're protected... so a level 70 player is actually a "high level" player in context. Under 80 and over 80 are like two separate games. Seriously, I don't think anyone here is concerned about players under 80.

Right, under 80s are insignificant and don't count as part of the player base. Sorry, my bad.

Defiant

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 am

Could some of the vehemently anti banking people please articulate why they are so against it? We have had several lengthy thorough explanations of why banking will be missed but no indication of why banking is apparently implicitly as bad as fascism, 'cancer', etc...

Or is it literally just people pissed off at bankers on their auctions?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 am

larry378 wrote:Could some of the vehemently anti banking people please articulate why they are so against it? We have had several lengthy thorough explanations of why banking will be missed but no indication of why banking is apparently implicitly as bad as fascism, 'cancer', etc...

Or is it literally just people pissed off at bankers on their auctions?

1) Bankers filling up your auction (first pages) is probably the most frustrating thing I've experienced in this game.

Appart from that, I think we've just become so used to banking that we tend to forget that it was never intended to be in the game in the first place. It's just a way that players found to keep their battle gold loss close to zero. This has many implications:

2) Top ranking players can "honor juice" with a lone cast AA+ or other low bp teams, without having to fear the consequences of being defensively vulnerable. Top players should be the ones with the best teams, no the best farmers. If you're complaining that you're in the top 100 with an A+ team and therefore an easy target, well maybe you don't belong in the top 100. There were no consequences besides a bad record before (with no impact other than pride) and now there is.

3) I don't know about you, but when I was low level (where noobs battle noobs and nobody banks), I enjoyed battling a lot more because I never knew what I was gonna get. When you reached a certain level though, everybody was banking and battles became boring partly because I knew I would get a pityfull 100-3000 gold on 99% of my wins.

Banking also alowed some players to have unreasonable amounts of quick-to-use but protected gold.

4) These players were able to fully max an AA+ in a matter of minutes with a few pages of mobs in the gift box and a few millions banked. In my opinion, maxing a monster/ character's level is supposed to be hard work but maybe I'm just an old fashioned gamer.

There are probably many more reasons I can't think of just now. I think the best system would be a limited, player-based banking. That would prevent excess linked to uncontrolled banking while still assuring you can have some gold if you need it quick. Something like a 50k + 1k/level (250k at max level) personal stash.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:14 am

I used to play imobster for a while and they had a banking system that when you deposited mo.ey it took like 10% I think, also for their battle systems you had a health meter and you could only attack others with you remaining health and if your health was low you could not be attacked...so if you had a lot of money and didn't want to lose 10% every few days u wouldatyack a weaker team until your health was low enough you could not be attacked...we they should do that for this game, if you bp is low then you can't be attacked

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 am

The ONLY thing I think is hurt very badly by this lack of banking is the ability to evolve AAs into AA+. That takes 1 million gold which is going to be ridiculously hard to get now. Percentage wise you get a far lower amount of 10k gold drops from raid crystals than you do 'B' summons so it is hard to build up a lot of gold that way.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 am

I'm planning to raise my AA up to 80 so my evolution cost is only 328K.

I only ever have 20K max cash on hand, and that's only when I've just won a battle.

I've currently got 300K in 10K Gifts from farming the Void summon over the past 3 days. Either it drops more gold now, or I was just lucky, but it seems to give me gold at about 40%.

As my 10Ks get close to expiring I just level the AA more.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next