Auction House changes

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auction House changes

Post by XJF on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 am

What are your thoughts on the changes coming to the Auction House on 12/14?

Only the top item in your auction will be able to be used as a search filter
Gold will no longer be available to use as an offer

This could really hurt people who sell gold for EP.

On the other hand it could lower cost to get on front page with availability of gold dropping

Anyone else care to chime in?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
XJF

Posts : 224
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Marked0001 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 am

I wonder if it will affect the value of raid crystals considering they will be the only tradeable source of gold remaining.

Maybe some of the people who hoard gold instead of making clan donations will be persuaded to use it for something productive.

I'm hoping that the filter change, and the lighter auction load from lack of banking auctions makes it easier to find things in auction.

Over all Ateam eliminated another option to get free EP by working for it in game. Leading more people to have to spend to get them.

Marked0001

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by elcapitangrande on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 am

Im kind of worried here about the gold situation. I have no use of 7million gold I have accumulated recently, so wth?
I hope people complain about this heavily, because its also important for people to be able to acquire gold in times of emergencies, not just gold for ep lol


Last edited by elcapitangrande on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elcapitangrande's Store of skills and monstahs 0.o
ID: 1375173786

elcapitangrande

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by elcapitangrande on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 am

I feel a high volume of gold being bought before these changes are made. Gogogogo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elcapitangrande's Store of skills and monstahs 0.o
ID: 1375173786

elcapitangrande

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by silentsong on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 am

I, for one, am actually very excited about removing gold offers from auctions. I feel banking really eliminated a core facet of the meta-game (I wasn't around before the AH was added so this is mainly speculation); one that would and SHOULD directly affect how you play the game, who you battle, and, most importantly, the formation of monsters you choose to field.

Edit: I forgot to mention guilds. I feel this change will positively impact guilds quite a bit. 95% of the people playing this game are borderline desperate in their efforts of obtaining EP. Said people will sell all the gold they don't personally need to all the auctions offering EP for X-amount of gold. I will admit I have done this a few times. With all the gold being sold at the auctions, It doesn't really leave much room for clan donations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

silentsong

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by XJF on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 am

silentsong wrote:Edit: I forgot to mention guilds. I feel this change will positively impact guilds quite a bit. 95% of the people playing this game are borderline desperate in their efforts of obtaining EP. Said people will sell all the gold they don't personally need to all the auctions offering EP for X-amount of gold. I will admit I have done this a few times. With all the gold being sold at the auctions, It doesn't really leave much room for clan donations.
I don't entirely agree with this statement. I think, if anything, it'll hurt clans more. Because gold won't be so easily accessible, people will be less likely to donate high sums of gold to the clan, especially people leveling up skills or AA+'s. We all know how expensive those little bastards are to +m.

I really hope this is just a prelude to them adding gold as an option during standard trades to at least keep gold as an available tender.

Anyone thought of how tomorrow the gold:ep exchange rate could be ridiculous with the high level players stocking up to level up their AA+ monsters. We might see the value of gold rise sharply tomorrow as demand for it spikes. I think it'd be funny to gold selling 50K:1 , though not likely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
XJF

Posts : 224
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Marked0001 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 am

How long before the 5,000 soul point bank slot token is released?

Marked0001

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by jbbiggdogg on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 am

Why not actually create a "bank". I know a lot of games especially on FB that have battles as a primary source to obtain gold allow for you to bank your gold up to a certain point depending on your level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2268745954



avatar
jbbiggdogg

Posts : 363
Join date : 2012-09-20
Age : 42
Location : Jacksonville Beach, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by ryesteve on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am

Marked0001 wrote:I'm hoping that the filter change, and the lighter auction load from lack of banking auctions makes it easier to find things in auction.
THe AH was glutted with banking BIDS, not banking auctions. But yes, the filter change should help a bit. An actual search function would've fixed it completely.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Defiant on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am

My opinion is this. The main source of Gold right now is from doing raids, events, selling critters and what not.

However to get gold from a win off a player is pretty much a lottery as 80% of players bank their gold and prob 99% at the top ranks. I see a number of people trying to sell 15-25mil of gold for EP all the time and you can bet those hoarders are continuously banking.

Now the only option is for them now is to spend it, or they could still hoard it with the risk of losing a chunk of their treasures on losing a battle.

Therefore, I believe after this revision, you will find more players coughing up gold after defeating them (after their 4 days saving grace runs out), which would inevitably be the new source of income. And rightly so as it's annoying when you beat a very strong team because you felt brave, only to be rewarded with 0 gold

"Oh sorry mate, was down the pub last night and bought everyone 50 rounds of drinks. We all had a bloody good time though!".

Of course some people will just find ways to spend it. I predict that people will start offering an "Evolving Service" for EP lol. Of course that would be limited as there is a trust factor in that. But those wheeling and dealing right now will, without doubt, come up with some back handed way to turn their gold into an EP making business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Defiant

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by ryesteve on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 am

Defiant wrote:But those wheeling and dealing right now will, without doubt, come up with some back handed way to turn their gold into an EP making business.
Yeah, it'll go something like this: "Your formation looks a little weak. Tell you what: I'll make sure no one from the Beastly Bullies clan attacks you and steals your gold... just send me 1 ep a day to remind me"


ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Deathblob on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:41 am

I think I'm gonna try and go buy myself some Agi stacks right about now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


ID: 176 946 3849 Kik: Deathblob <::Sinnerz::}xx{o Member of [S.T.A.R.S.]
avatar
Deathblob

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Horg on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 am

This change needed to be made for a looong time, I stopped using the AH because I'd pay 3 million to hit first page and get 30 banking bids within 20 minutes.

However, A-Team has to allow for trading of gold, I fully expected them to add gold to person-to-person trades. What they are implementing tomorrow will essentially remove gold from the game entirely. Once your team is max level...what's the point of gold after that? Personally I'm not gong to give two-shits about losing gold from battles from now on, since I can't do anything with it anyway.
avatar
Horg

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-09-14
Age : 30
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Ologolos on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 am

I agree with what someone else said, I think the announcement has the potential to greatly change the value of raid crystals. I'm surprised A-Team didn't make it an option to "allow banking" on an auction or not, and maybe decrease the number of bids/auctions any one person can hold at once. To completely remove it when i can legitimately be used as a bid or a tiebreaker for bidding... I don't understand that.

Defiant wrote:...Therefore, I believe after this revision, you will find more players coughing up gold after defeating them (after their 4 days saving grace runs out), which would inevitably be the new source of income. And rightly so as it's annoying when you beat a very strong team because you felt brave, only to be rewarded with 0 gold

I like the idea of getting more gold after winning a battle, but don't forget that another part of the same announcement indicated an adjustment of some kind to the gold you can win after battling... at least, that's what i remember reading. It just seemed very vague as to what sort of change this would be -- positive or negative -- to folks who are used to banking their gold in the auctions. Seems as if it might benefit them... otherwise I don't know why A-team would have made a change in this regard, considering there'd be a huge penalty as-is, by removing the ability to bank your gold at auction altogether...
avatar
Ologolos

Posts : 565
Join date : 2012-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Horg on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 am

Surprise you win .0000001% of the other person's gold, have fun
avatar
Horg

Posts : 389
Join date : 2012-09-14
Age : 30
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by ryesteve on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

Ologolos wrote:I'm surprised A-Team didn't make it an option to "allow banking" on an auction or not
That's if you assume this change was to benefit the players. I don't. For some reason, A Team thinks it's a good idea to keep gold out of players' hands... why else would the auction listings be gold-based in the first place?

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by bacsiha on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am

value of raid crystal, and especially soul (wis,enlight) will increase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bacsiha's store : http://www.ds-forum.com/t10267-aa-monster-for-sale

bacsiha

Posts : 552
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by LeadWing85 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 am

Horg wrote:Surprise you win .0000001% of the other person's gold, have fun



lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
LeadWing85

Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Jewelguy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 am

ryesteve wrote:
Ologolos wrote:I'm surprised A-Team didn't make it an option to "allow banking" on an auction or not
That's if you assume this change was to benefit the players. I don't. For some reason, A Team thinks it's a good idea to keep gold out of players' hands... why else would the auction listings be gold-based in the first place?


I disagree. It will benefit us in allowing all players to win gold from players we defeat in battle which is the true intention of DS. We were never intended to bank our gold. You win or lose gold in battle. It's part of the game.


On a separate note, I will miss actually being able to buy something with gold with no intention of banking. I just bought a lot of monster limit plusses with gold and crystals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am officially retired from Dark Summoner.
I play Dark Rebirth. My player id in Rebirth is: COMING VERY SOON

bounce I'm a smiley freak, smiley freak, affraid
Razz Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, rabbit
Cool Yes I am a smiley freak, smiley freak, What a Face
cheers Because smiley freaks are sexy! I love you

Question Shocked Question wtf
avatar
Jewelguy

Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 41
Location : U.S.of A.

http://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by ryesteve on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Jewelguy wrote:I disagree. It will benefit us in allowing all players to win gold from players we defeat in battle which is the true intention of DS.
Not questioning the "true intention" of the game, but your logic makes no sense. "All players" will not be winning gold. It's a zero sum game. Unless the gold loss is changed substantially, weaker players will be picked clean. All of the gold in the game will eventually flow up to the top of the leaderboard. Refer to the U.S. economy for a preview.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Bobertson on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 pm

As someone who has played DS for a few months now and really started to get into it, this could potentially make me quit. I enjoy spending gold on the AH to buy skills, pots, monsters and obvsiously there are plenty of people out there that enjoy selling for gold as I get plenty of Auctions completed with gold alone.

Gold is a good way for a newer player to get a foothold in the game if they are willing to put the time in and search endlessly for auctions to make a few EP or level their skills. I actually spent some ca.sh on the game a few times because I was getting somewhere and was enjoying it. I won't spend if it becomes a necessity, which means I won't play, that I can promise.



There are lots of ways to fix the banking issue as been stated in this thread. What A Team is doing simply isn't it.

I'd rather see something done about new accounts being created simply to win the rankings every week. Unless I'm missing something there too...

Bobertson

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by EdwardStarbuck on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:20 pm

I agree with ryesteve. Of all the changes to the auction house, this one wasn't needed. That said, maybe it will stop players on top from juicing for honor points.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SQUIRRELS DIVIDED
SQUIRRELS UNITED

EdwardStarbuck

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Dark Impact on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 pm

how about this... an in game computer operated bank, and every day you leave your gold in it, 2% is taken away by the bank?

not banking will really hurt me as I am strictly a trader for now, I don't have a team haha, but I didn't have a MASSIVE need for gold, it will hurt not to have it though :/ trying to level a 15 bp team for hopes of a new tourney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- 'Divine Charisma' Lieutenant -

Dark Impact

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-22
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by ryesteve on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Dark Impact wrote:how about this... an in game computer operated bank, and every day you leave your gold in it, 2% is taken away by the bank?
Screw that... I'd lose more with that plan than from battling.

ryesteve

Posts : 1418
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by larry378 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm

well, I for one am not too happy about this update...
the only thing I really use AH for is banking and buying gold (setting up on rank, then placing ep auction, telling them
the filter, etc...)

I'm around overall top 100 rankings (97 last I checked), naturally attacks pour in (unfortunately I am over level 80)... That being said, without banking, I highly doubt that my AA+s will ever get maxed short of starting a new account and transferring over my current team which should be more consistently successful in defending a low level account (with the obvious exception of other 're-starters') which would allow me to stockpile the necessary amounts of gold for sacrifice batches over time in relative safety.

Because seriously, the only people who attack me consistently are the ones who win consistently (sure someone attacks me once, loses, and never attacks again, but I get farmed regularly [probably for honor] by a consistent group of 4AA/agi and 5AA using lv 150+ players on a daily basis, which frankly doesn't bother me because I bank most of my higher increments of gold, so the most someone will get is less than 10k); without banking, I will never be able to field my AA hybrid team and by extension; ever stand a chance against some of those people, which means I'm stuck with my team until I directly trade for AA+ms.... but then what am I going to do with my AA+70s? who will buy them? I get the impression that this change is going to have some serious effect on the market for non-maxed AA+s... because who the hell is going to want to max AA+s when you can't bank?


frankly, I would restart RIGHT NOW, as I am relatively sure my current team, or my 'under construction' AA+m/2xAA+70/2A+m(20) team should be able to dominate in the level 0-20 arena, but what with all of the 'my' ep and bp, and prog I was saving for vagrant lands, I really want to make use of my level 80+ battle points, recharge rates, etc for VL rather than start afresh with a new acct and have to use REAL ep/bp for severely diminished returns (because of lower energy caps).






Not that they're going to do it, but I guess they COULD implement a clan bank facility...
levels up at same cost as other facilities, and lets clan members bank, however, there IS a deposit fee which scales down as the facility levels up

e.g. level 1 bank facility, you deposit 1m, your balance shows as 500k, which you can withdraw later (if you get kicked, you receive the gold as a gift).
level 10 facility, you deposit 1m, your balance shows as 900k
[the 'fee' gold does NOT go into clan fund, it is removed from the game altogether]

and stuff in-between...

I really don't see the justification for this update...
I've heard a lot of people bellyache about banking in the AH, but you can always reject.... unless you're one of those "IF YOU BANK I WILL HOLD YOUR BID UNTIL END" idiots, which doesn't even make any sense since that childishness is hurting your own auction, and the banker probably doesn't give a shit about that gold for the next few days.


anybody know WHY they made this change? hard evidence? circumstantial hypotheses? conspiracy theories? wild guesses?
I honestly have no clue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: the pm system on the forum is on the fritz, incoming and outgoing messages are not always delivered.
For guaranteed communication just reply to the post or message me in-game. Thank You.


Monster Corp. (26818537) - A member of [S.T.A.R.S.] Alliance
General
avatar
larry378

Posts : 927
Join date : 2012-08-17
Location : Riding a missile waving a cowboy hat

Back to top Go down

Re: Auction House changes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum