Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House changes

+36
NghiaLe
robinsonsteve62
Fenix00
qpwoalsk
JessicaMD
Event Horizon
sokiz
SwtLaotiaNix7
Bender214
GS693
Xoct
kheimon
kyan
clutchjunkie
General Osf
God_of_War
yinston
faithnomorex
Lavie
larry378
Dark Impact
EdwardStarbuck
Bobertson
Jewelguy
LeadWing85
bacsiha
Ologolos
Horg
Deathblob
Defiant
ryesteve
jbbiggdogg
silentsong
elcapitangrande
Marked0001
XJF
40 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Auction House changes - Page 3 Empty Re: Auction House changes

Post by Xoct Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 am

LeadWing85 wrote:idk why people are so concerned with losing gold. to be frank, im suprised if anyone EVER attacks me. and even when i was rocking an A+ form, i was never attacked more than like once a day for the most part. why is everyone making this sound like some horror story lol. and also, yeah you cant bank, and youll lose gold if you lose, but why is no one thinking about the other end of the spectrum? HELLO, you can attack people as well that cant bank lol

That's true and you have a valid point, we can still attack people and potentially become richer.
But I'd rather have the security, and the other benefits of when we had Banking available...

What a Face
Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by GS693 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 am

All Ihave to say to all this back and forth:

I use gold to buy EP in AH. I also use gold to max things so I can sell them for EP.

However, here's another impact for players, ranked or not:

If you have an a+ team and are above level 80, you WILL be attacked by players with full aa+ teams. Meaning you won't easily be able to progress further. And good damn luck saving up enough to evolve your first aa!

I forsee way too many problems with this. The guild aspect of this game doesn't foster much of a cooperative spirit.

If ateam wanted to stop banking, they should offer the players an easier alternative. Ie, an ingame bank. Where you can save up to 10k gold up to level 20, then 100k gold after that. With the ability to "purchase" via gold more storage space.

That system would absolutely eliminate banking. Imagine, why bother banking via auction when you can claim the exact amount of gold you want?

Players use what is easier for themselves.

I have proposed this to ateam. If you want them to change their minds, please send this exact same suggestion to them.

And also mention you will not spend any real money on the game until they do that.

With these types of comapnies, they only REALLY care about cash. Money. Moola. Greenbacks.

Threaten to take it away (and actually do, for a week or two!) And they will QUICKLY change their minds.

Especially if enough players join in on the boycott.

GS693

Back to top Go down

Post by GS693 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 am

Oh and to those who say they're rarely attacked:

Damn you're lucky!

My team isn't even ranked. I have a fully maxed beast team that clocks 56k attack... and I am attacked 10 times a day.

3 of those are by people with aa+ teams.

So assume those 7, I win (Iusually do unless their agility is also max) then those 3 aa+ teams come along and clean me out.

As a result? I really don't gain gold. Bye bye primary method of accumulating ep to try to get my first aa+...

Screw this :/

GS693

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 am

Jewelguy wrote:
1. If the price for top spots on the auction go down as you say, that will be great. "Poor" players may finally get a top spot on the auction. Fair is fair.

Its still relatively. That was referring to an earlier where it was speculated that the change was made to take gold of the system. I'm arguing that it will have the opposite effect. There will be more gold flowing in the system as a whole but more randomly distributed.

Jewelguy wrote:
2. Why are you afraid of losing your gold in battle if it will be, as you say, "meaningless"? /quote]

Not afraid. More annoyed would be the correct term. As many has stated it will make accumulating gold for the rainy day when you get something you want to level
rapidly much harder. Before Ah/banking appear no-one in game talk about gold at all. There was so much of it and so little to do with it that it was a non-issue. Banking/trading in AH actually turned it into a commodity. When AH first started I would put in 3-5 million on a C card and it will be rejected. That's how much people value gold back than and it will return to that point. There were players that had a billion or close to it. It will slowly return to that state when gold is a non-entity. While banking might be a little annoying, I prefer gold to be value as a non-paying player as it is an easy item to farm and accumulate.

Jewelguy wrote:
3. This is a game. And it is all about competition. Meaning it is about who can win the most battles and who can rank the highest and who can win the most gold. How can that last part happen if everyone "hides" their gold.
Winning gold will soon be a non-issue per above. As my previous post stated, its a skewed battle system. With level limit, you can't even retaliate against every player that attack you and as I have said many time, defense is at a severe disadvantage so unless you can attack as often as you get attacked you'll lose gold over time. In the short term, its annoying. In the long term, it will just render gold useless taking a mean of generating ep out of the game.

Kyan

Personally, I think banking should most definitely be eliminated and we should "play the game". We should put on our "big boy and big girl pants" and battle it out winning AND losing gold. Don't forget- while we may lose gold, at the same time we will be winning gold too. And while you may be more "vulnerable" to attacks by being on top doesn't mean that you should be allowed to bank. It's all part of the game. You made your way to the top (congratulations on a massive job well done), now be ready to defend it. It's all part of the game.

In conclusion, banking in my opinion sucks! My two cents. Thank you.

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 am

So, did the gold after winning battle "adjust" ?

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am

I am for it as well.

Long overdue.

For one, the obscene amount of banking on top auctions. Having to clear 30 banks every 15 minutes just so my auction can be seen? No thanks. I love your card, I wish I had enough.. so just banking my 19k gold.

Next, there are lots of players in the top ranks who want to honor farm with 16bp AAs and low bp teams to get a top rank.. there is a price to pay. I doubt migi and punt and the bunch are worried about people farming them for gold. If you have a top team then this is a minor concern.

You may get popped once in a while, but I dont know about you, but I attack a lot more people during the day than I am defending.

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:34 am

All i can say is A-TEAM sure knows how to keep things interesting... keep people on their toes! One change, and a HUGE response! Well, if higher level players quit that just means better chances for me, low-level guy. Thanks A-Team LOL
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am

bacsiha wrote:So, did the gold after winning battle "adjust" ?

I tested this by fighting a battle I knew I would lose. I lost exactly 10% of my gold.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm

There seems to be a pretty common misconception about "higher level players" etc...

The only advantage that higher level players have is more energy/battle points.

Really if you look at the "learning curve" for this game, the first 10% of it is tactics (how to build a formation), and the remaining 90% that gets you to the 'top' is purely financial; be it through trading your way up, or buying your way to the top.

Anyone can theorize a good team. Look, I'll do it right now!

Ash Bahamut(changed to CL 20), Banished, Moon Sea (changed to IPA), Kanna (changed to DEA), Venus (changed to IPD)

that's a 5x combo; winged, wyrm, impulse, rarity, level; has CL on a 15k+ atk AA, wings, and there's no wyrm down to counter it.

But that doesn't mean a damn thing because I cannot afford said team.

Being on the 'rankings' or "high level" whatever "high level" is being considered now-a-days is completely superseded by being rich(regardless of if you traded your way there, or paid your way there). Weekly battle competition is DOMINATED by lv 40s with full AA+ teams whenever a skill spirit is available.

I am by no means a 'high level' player, or elite or top or whatever. in the last 7 hours, I got attacked by precisely 9 people. 7 with full AA+ teams (they won lol), 1 with a vic psy demon team (they won), and 1 regular psycho demon team. The AA guys hit me every day, the vic guy is probably GOING to hit me every day from now on, and the regular psycho demon team will never attack me ever again. That's just how it goes. This was also between 1am and 8am; I get hit quite a bit more during the day.

And to everyone who says that they don't get attacked all that often; if you continue to play the game, that will change and it will change fast. breaking level 80, and rank 100 overall will essentially "open the floodgates" and you are going to be picked dry by lv150+s with full AA+m teams regularly hitting you. and once they know they can beat you, they WILL attack you every day from then on out. Which makes transitioning to AA without outright trading ep for an AA+m a very nasty endeavor since you're bleeding gold to attrition constantly, and the only way to stop it is upgrading your team, which you need gold to do.

This is going to hit the "middle class" (lol) the hardest. If you are not even on the rankings, and FAR from level 80. this update is great for you; it's just more gold for you, and you're next to invisible to potential assailants; if you're ranked and you don't bank, you will get hit by an entire clan in a matter of minutes, if you're not ranked, they're going to try muck around with getting you to post on their wall etc...

If you already have an AA+m team, this update is great for you; congratulations it has just become significantly more difficult for anyone else to manufacture and field teams which can challenge yours.

If you have an A-rank team, and you are ranked; this update is going to affect you negatively. If you've looked around the rankings, you'll notice there is a fairly dense distribution throughout the entire thing from 1000 to 1 of AA+ teams; which makes the A+ teams far more inviting targets, combined with the removal of banking, those A+ users are basically 'never' going to level up AAs with gold because of how quickly they will be bleeding it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the "end of the story". you can still BUY AA+ms with pure ep, you can still stockpile souls and sac a stack whenever you happen to have enough gold to do so, you can make an alt account and transfer it a kick-ass team to farm people and sac to your AA+ until it reaches level 20, and transferring your AA+ and secondary team to yet another alt. essentially cycling your AA+ through foster homes or witness protection until it grows up.

It's not going to be impossible to advance; it's just going to be much more difficult.

think of this as one of those anti nuclear proliferation things; notice it's the folks who have them who don't want anyone else to build them; so they can tangibly restrict the transmission of yellow cake, and bomb your reactor when it is nearing completion.

replace nukes with AA+ms, uranium as gold, and reactor bombing as being hit by an entire clan because you happen to have some gold on ya. It is going to take a logistical miracle or an incredible amount of money before you can field and deploy a nuke/AA+m of your own.

I'm not saying that A-team should roll-back this change on my behalf or anything, and frankly I'm not going to email them complaining about this because: I am not a paying customer, my opinion doesn't matter. (I am not saying this sarcastically, they have no obligation to do anything on my behalf; as with any business enterprise, their responsibility is to keep the paying customers coming back; not pander to freeloaders complaining about the free samples/trial). I'm just saying that this update will have an unfortunate effect on a certain player group; which I happen to be a part of. Is said player group a majority? I don't know. Will this change encourage greater sales overall? It certainly isn't going to make me actually buy soul points, but I can only speak for myself. I just feel that adapting to this change will be unpleasant, and I'm sure that some others will agree.

Last edited by larry378 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Test 1.
Had 9802 of unbanked gold.
Lost a battle on purpose, lost 1078.

So lost 10.9%, ill run another to confirm when bp refills.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by sokiz Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I forgot to bank my extra gold into vault before the Update.
Had 5.8m unbanked.

Got attacked and lost only 29275. Weird huh?
was expecting to lost like 500k

Last edited by sokiz on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sokiz
sokiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoct Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm

larry378 wrote:
This is going to hit the "middle class" (lol) the hardest.

I'm calling Obama to fix this right now! What a Face
Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Xoct wrote:
larry378 wrote:

>obama

>fixing anything

Razz

maybe we'll get a debt ceiling for gold so that we can sac into negative lmao

or if he can bailout the skill-changed dea omni kanna I accidentally sacced to a berith
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 pm

How come you only make sense when you're talking strictly about DS?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Mostly what I see here is people arguing for or against banking. Which is a legitimate issue.. but it is a relatively minor one when compared to the bigger thing that this change removed.
I don't think that G Team cares at all about banking. If they did, they would have found an easier way to keep people from banking.. and there are plenty of suggestions. What they do care about however is the money they get in their pockets, especially from eps. And what was one of the easiest ways to make eps? Sell gold in auctions.. maybe? This change hurts the new players more than anything else. Whether they realize it or not. When I just started playing, I was buying everything for gold, since I had no eps. Now how does a new player get monsters? Trading? With what? Garbage As that no one needs? Eps? Which they don't have cause most won't buy them with real money? See a problem?
Some people have centered on the word 'disabled.' Thinking that may been that gold offers will be 're-enabled' some time in the future. Maybe through actual trading? Its possible.. But I don't have any hope for it. G Team doesn't think when they post these messages. I doubt they are leaving any 'hints.' Razz
All the recent changes that G Team has made have hurt the new game extensively. And I wonder why? Maybe they don't care about getting new players anymore?
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 pm

I actually don't like the banking change, but wouldn't mind it so much if the battle system was changed to involve a speed stat. The idea that players that attack me have an inherent speed boost that lets them hit first even though we have the same formation or agi, is what I would imagine bothers most. If they fixed it, then the best teams, would hit first no matter what and people couldn't always just be farmed. I leveled my first AA+ just before the banking ended (others I had gotten were already maxed) and was surprised at how expensive it really was. I don't see myself being able to do that again for a long time without keeping a bank.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

larry378 wrote:
Xoct wrote:
larry378 wrote:

>obama

>fixing anything

Razz

or if he can bailout the skill-changed dea omni kanna I accidentally sacced to a berith

lol!

But seriously though, Larry I don't think you can speak on behalf of the Dark Summoner 'Middle Class', and also I think alot of these 'Top Ranked Player' grievances are kinda narrow-sighted in the grand scheme of things.

Come on, you guys in the top 100 are like the 1% that all those wall-street protest kids are mad at. I don't know how many players there in total, but I know I'm ranked around 5000 overall, which would make the top 100 the top 2%, and I'm sure there are people out there with fewer honor points that me.

and if the 3,000,000th download was indicative of 3million players (it's probably less lol since people quit and make new accounts and stuff) 100/3,000,000 makes you guys the top .03%

This update does suck for people on the rankings, but I feel that the percentage of overall players that are even on the rankings is pretty low, and the percentage of players on the first page of the ranking who are going to be 'hit hardest' by this is even smaller lol.

I'm looking forward to actually getting gold once in a while from battles Very Happy, since I started fighting people on the rankings trying to get on there I really don't like how I almost never get gold since everyone ranked banks.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 pm

larry378 wrote:
...so they can tangibly restrict the transmission of yellow cake, and bomb your reactor when it is nearing completion.

mmmm... yellow cake...
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
larry378 wrote:
Xoct wrote:
larry378 wrote:

>obama

>fixing anything

Razz

lol!

But seriously though, Larry I don't think you can speak on behalf of the Dark Summoner 'Middle Class', and also I think alot of these 'Top Ranked Player' grievances are kinda narrow-sighted in the grand scheme of things.

Come on, you guys in the top 100 are like the 1% that all those wall-street protest kids are mad at. I don't know how many players there in total, but I know I'm ranked around 5000 overall, which would make the top 100 the top 2%, and I'm sure there are people out there with fewer honor points that me.

and if the 3,000,000th download was indicative of 3million players (it's probably less lol since people quit and make new accounts and stuff) 100/3,000,000 makes you guys the top .03%

This update does suck for people on the rankings, but I feel that the percentage of overall players that are even on the rankings is pretty low, and the percentage of players on the first page of the ranking who are going to be 'hit hardest' by this is even smaller lol.

I'm looking forward to actually getting gold once in a while from battles Very Happy, since I started fighting people on the rankings trying to get on there I really don't like how I almost never get gold since everyone ranked banks.

b..b..bu...but.... it's not fairrrrrrrrrrrrr

Auction House changes - Page 3 Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 pm

sokiz wrote:I forgot to bank my extra gold into vault before the Update.
Had 5.8m unbanked.

Got attacked and lost only 29275. Weird huh?
was expecting to lost like 500k

maybe it's an asymptotic loss, (ooo, listen to me!!!) depending on how much gold you have...
so if you have 1000 gold, you lose 10%. Over 1m gold and you lose 1%... something like that.
i.e. the more gold you have, the less you lose per lost battle.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm

they nuked %. I havent had a battle where I have won over 1k gold yet.

And Im picking on top 100 with prog up :/

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Bender214 wrote:they nuked %. I havent had a battle where I have won over 1k gold yet.

And Im picking on top 100 with prog up :/

The top ranked get attacked a lot more frequently. I'm attacking people in the 80s, and have gotten 20k+ gold a couple of times already.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoct Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Okay so I figured it out. That's fine ATeam, you took away my Banking to stop me from sticking annoying Auctioneers in the back... I'll just use Auctioneers to bank my Carbuncles for safe keeping instead. Good Job Very Happy
Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Here's a valid question for only those upset about losing their gold in battles. I assume you really like winning battles and taking your opponents gold. Right? That's how you get "rich". Right? Well, if you can take others gold, then how come others can't take your gold? Doesn't sound fair. Sounds one-sided to me. Think about it.
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm

A couple problems with the above:

a) most people have been saying that up to now, no one's been "getting rich" from battling. Quite the contrary.

b) most people are complaining that this eliminates an asset that could be used to buy EP and monsters.

Sorry, but when you makes posts like this, I'm starting to agree with the person who said you sound like a shill.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next