Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scammer

+13
HelloKitty
Armitaage
Ologolos
Xcalibre
jimothy_
faithnomorex
larry378
Bestron2
The Skill
bbr
B$
episparh
cure4blues
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scammer Empty Scammer

Post by cure4blues Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am

So I had this guy come on my page and spam that Im a scammer, and that I scammed someone named "Mormonbars" and his name is "Whitedawg", Im getting people saying that he scammed this Mormonbars guy and trying to blame me, Im pretty sure I dont even take trades with mobs in it, pure ep is all I want so it makes me mad people going to try to ruin other peoples reputations cause they have nothing better to do in their life.
lmbo saying I scammed for a hellfire cerb LOL dont even have that mob in my collection none the less have it in my bag.
Beware of this player "Whitedawg"

cure4blues

Back to top Go down

Scammer Empty Re: Scammer

Post by episparh Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 am

Cool story... Why should you care ?

Report him/her for false accusation.

episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Sat May 11, 2013 3:52 am

episparh wrote:Cool story... Why should you care ?

She should care because he's trying to hurt her reputation. Thus, people won't trade with her if they think she's a scammer. How long have you been playing? Suspect
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 am

ATeam doesn't do a thing about "accusations".
And who are "people" ? Forum members ?
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by cure4blues Sat May 11, 2013 5:27 am

mhm, I care cause I dont scam and I like to keep making trades without these type of lies stopping that.

cure4blues

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Sat May 11, 2013 7:35 am

B$ wrote:

She should care because he's trying to hurt her reputation. Thus, people won't trade with her if they think she's a scammer. How long have you been playing? Suspect

I play for 300+ days. How reputation reflects on trades !?! Suspect Offer me good deal and I would not care If someone says you are scammer.

About the Ateam won`t care ... . Just report the guy, false accusation, defame , etc. is offensive behavior and they don`t tolerate this

Last edited by episparh on Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Sat May 11, 2013 8:06 am

To backup my words :

Scammer Screen13

And EULA section III

III. APPLICATION USAGE
This Application may need to connect to application servers in order to play. You are responsible for any costs and fees associated with playing this game, including but not limited to, costs related to device setup, network access, provider plans, and transmission fees. You acknowledge that due to server maintenance and necessary updates, access to the game may become temporarily unavailable. Player data related to this Application is provided as is and there are no guarantees related to its accuracy or restoration in the event of data loss or changes (ex. when the player replaces an old device with a new device). Also player data belonging on one device platform cannot be transferred to another device platform.
You agree to use the Application as it is intended and will NOT do, without limitation, the following unacceptable actions: (i) copy, display, seek to disable, distribute, perform, publish, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, transfer, create derivative works from, the Application; (ii) remove, alter, or obscure any product identification, copyright, or other intellectual property notices in the Application; (iii) libel, ridicule, defame, mock, stalk, intimidate, threaten, harass, or abuse anyone, hatefully, racially, ethnically or in any other manner; (iv) exploit or use cheats to obtain an advantage that is not intended; (v) conduct real-money trading using any content or part of the Application (vi) reset a device and/or the data within to create multiple player accounts. Ateam has the right to immediately and permanently terminate access to the Application to users that Ateam believes misuse the Application.
The Application contains communication channels like messaging, bulletin boards, and/or forums which enable you to communicate with other users. You acknowledge that communications made through these channels are public, with the content not controlled or endorsed by Ateam. Ateam disclaims any liability with regards to the communication and any actions resulting from you using the communication channels. Ateam reserves the right to edit and remove communication content at its sole discretion, and may disclose any info

episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skill Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 am

I agree with episparh, i don't care what people think about each other...

The Skill

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 am

If someone told me cures was a scammer, I'd just laugh in their face. Cures strikes me as one of the most trustworthy people in the game.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sat May 11, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't really think there's any "reputation" system here... the built in trade function is relatively fool-proof...

And after all; when you make your average trade; you send or receive a trade with an offer and a message, and a counteroffer is made, or the trade is cancelled... I personally don't go and look at the person's page and ask for references on their moral standing or anything lmao...

And aside for literally hacking the game and bug exploitation; there is no form of victimization possible within the game parameters; someone cannot come *Steal* my monsters unless they fool me into giving them away. And frankly, if I fall for something like that; that's my own problem.

Who is really to blame when someone responds to the prince of nigeria and sends a good faith offering money transfer to a target account? the 40 year old fatass living in his mother's basement who automails millions of those messages daily? or the rube who thinks it's real?

I'm really getting tired of all this scamming malarkey in game... unless someone is literally injecting code; they cannot harm you unless you fall for their trick. (the difference between getting robbed at gunpoint, or getting fooled into purchasing snake oil).

If someone wants to cry about scamming, I say let em. and (I see this on rank pretty often) if they honestly have nothing better to do with their time than to go and try *defame* non-existent reputation on a low-profile mobile phone game by spamming "booo hooo this person tricked me and is a meanie" on rank, let em. the joke's on them, because if most people are like me, they don't even read those because they're actually on rank to trade not have some kind of idiotic slap fight.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sat May 11, 2013 2:57 pm

My personal theory when playing MMOs (I guess this counts as one?) is to take people for face value. If I see you scamming, I'll kick you from my clan. If it isn't affecting me or my clan members, I don't really care what other people have to say.

And it's a game. It doesn't matter what imaginary internet 12 year olds think about you.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm

@larry378 - I believe I told what you meant with few words Cool

And if cure feels offended, reporting is logical course of action because she is right.
episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by cure4blues Sat May 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I know you guys say that there is no reputation in game, but you're wrong. I could of been kicked from my guild, been defaced in weekly so no one would even talk to me. I see what happens to people who scam and I know me being a trustworthy person that does help people when have needed, If you're a scammer and there is a picture that shows you do not deny what you did. Than I will not trade you further on cause I do NOT want scammed mobs that others had to use trickery to get.
Its all preference on how you want to deal with a scammer but I hold no one highly in my book if they want to be immature "12 year old" in a game. its uncalled for.

cure4blues

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ Sat May 11, 2013 8:02 pm

larry378 wrote:Who is really to blame when someone responds to the prince of nigeria and sends a good faith offering money transfer to a target account? the 40 year old fatass living in his mother's basement who automails millions of those messages daily? or the rube who thinks it's real?
And if I stand outside a nice restaurant dressed as a valet and someone hands me their keys, it's their fault when I drive away to have it stripped for parts, right? Or if I walk into a bank with a fake ID and cash a check fraudulently, well it's hardly my fault they let me get away with it.

When you scam someone, you're in the wrong. People can protect themselves by being cautious, but that doesn't mean the jerk taking advantage of others isn't at fault. Heck, even Larry's example can result in jail time for the scammer.

Defamation (which is what's going on in the original post) is also the fault of the person taking action against some victim. Victims aren't always powerless, and they may or may not make good decisions when bad things are done to them, but it's the person doing the bad things who is to blame.

Here it's a game, and the stakes are low. I'm not trying to say we should keelhaul the guy. These things are still legitimate concerns though, and someone is ruining somebody else's good time by violating the TOS.

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Sun May 12, 2013 6:04 am

You can just as easily report him to his clan leader for falsely accusing you and others of scamming.

Just throw the ball back in his corner.
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by Xcalibre Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 am

How would you find his clan general in game?
Xcalibre
Xcalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sun May 12, 2013 2:51 pm

jimothy_ wrote:
larry378 wrote:Who is really to blame when someone responds to the prince of nigeria and sends a good faith offering money transfer to a target account? the 40 year old fatass living in his mother's basement who automails millions of those messages daily? or the rube who thinks it's real?
And if I stand outside a nice restaurant dressed as a valet and someone hands me their keys, it's their fault when I drive away to have it stripped for parts, right? Or if I walk into a bank with a fake ID and cash a check fraudulently, well it's hardly my fault they let me get away with it.

When you scam someone, you're in the wrong. People can protect themselves by being cautious, but that doesn't mean the jerk taking advantage of others isn't at fault. Heck, even Larry's example can result in jail time for the scammer.

Defamation (which is what's going on in the original post) is also the fault of the person taking action against some victim. Victims aren't always powerless, and they may or may not make good decisions when bad things are done to them, but it's the person doing the bad things who is to blame.

Here it's a game, and the stakes are low. I'm not trying to say we should keelhaul the guy. These things are still legitimate concerns though, and someone is ruining somebody else's good time by violating the TOS.

To the best of my knowledge (from what I've heard in complaints) "Scamming" in this game is far less sophisticated than what you are describing.

Nobody is putting on a uniform and pretending to work somewhere, nor is there any ID faking. Depending on how well you know whoever you're dealing with (let's not even take into account the fact that an account frequently used by someone you know could be used by someone else altogether as long as they have the phone or id/iid information); this is more like letting a random person you meet on the street use your phone to make a call; there is absolutely a chance they might run off with it.

Scamming here is almost exclusive to some stupid "trust" cons, where "you give me this, and I'll give it back" which in the end is more like when your neighbor borrows your lawnmower and doesn't give it back; or you find out that person doesn't even live around here and was just claiming to be your neighbor when they knocked on your door. This is not complex stuff. There is no impersonation, no fraud (before anyone argues that fraud is intentional misrepresentation; there is a necessary degree of complexity and reasonable expectation of duplicity; if I say "I am Batman" nobody is going to sue me for tricking them, but if I make a bunch of fancy packets and put on a suit and sell seniors insurance misrepresented as investments; somebody IS going to sue me.)

Yes, the "prince of nigeria" would be liable to some legal proceedings, but let's consider for a small moment the idea of "Personal Responsibility"(TM).

*let me first qualify this statement by stating that this is my personal opinion; and that there are certainly other established opinions in the world by respected individuals which would suggest that people are so stupid that we would surely wither and die unless they live in a nanny state.*

In the real world, and therefore in any extension (e.g. this little game community); there are unsavory elements. And although the burden of law is to punish these individuals when the offend upon the rule abiders; there is some responsibility on the part of the average population member to avoid undesirable situations in their own interest to a certain degree.

It is the authority's responsibility to prosecute those who have violated the law. Every individual also has an implicit responsibility to preserve their continued existence; or at bare minimum not put themselves in harm's way. If someone robs my house while I'm on vacation; that's one thing. If I walk around the inner city with my pockets stuffed with cash to overflowing and get mugged; that's another. There's being a victim, and there's asking for trouble. "Scamming" in this game on average falls between the aforementioned two categories; but is still reasonably avoidable. Nobody can force you into giving them something.

It's not a "nice" thing to do; to scam someone in DS, but a DS scammer is hardly a master criminal or menace to society or anything of the sort.

Check out this little article about the nigerian email scam if you want; it's made the way it is explicitly to target the stupidest people.
http://theweek.com/article/index/229713/why-nigerian-email-scammers-are-smart-to-be-so-blatantly-obvious

Finally, in regard to the whole defamation issue. lol. this is not a political slander campaign, "reputations" are not ruined, and the vast majority of these are so poorly written and downright childish; that I personally find them to typically be a greater indictment on the immaturity of whoever literally has nothing better to do than to try slander somebody over a few pixels in cell phone game.

If you see somebody throwing shit at somebody's house. Who do you have a lower opinion of? the property owner who has apparently earned the ire of said poo-tosser? or the person defecating in their own hand and flinging it like a chimp?

In summary; don't scam, it's not nice. And don't get scammed, it's stupid. You don't need to be a paranoid un-trusting prick to everyone, but use common sense. When someone asks you for a "favor" think of it like real life (GASP). If someone wants to borrow my weed wacker; I'll probably let them if it's someone I know. If I don't get it back: I'm not going to call every single newspaper to run a story about how they ruined my life, nor am I going to start sending threatening mail tied around bricks through their window. If someone wants to borrow my car; I'll just say no.

And don't worry about defamation. Unless all of your friends/clan on here are teenagers who think that some random person calling you a "f/-\ggot" or "I fked your mom looser tard" is somehow an indictment on your worth or trustworthiness; I'm fairly sure most people will take silly inflammatory namecalling as and indication that the speaker is in fact the "looser tard". I have enough trust in the the average person that boldfaced lies and baseless character assassination is not something that can be pulled off by one tantrum-ing child.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by jimothy_ Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm

I largely agree, Larry. The scope and complexity here are far less than any of our examples, but the premise is the same. In terms of protecting one's self, personal responsibility is key, and when someone forgoes actions that might have prevented these things they increase their risk, there's no arguing that.

But everyone has the freedom to make mistakes, or to trust when it's risky (heck, ALL trust is risky - it's just a matter of degree). You accept the risks that come with your choices, and the system has an obligation to fix what it can when things go wrong, but it can never undo what's done.

I appreciate the level discussion, BTW, and thanks. I just get a little touchy because of how easily people sometimes slip into placing blame on victims. (If you want to keep talking we can take it to PM, since this isn't really about the game.)

jimothy_

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm

i'll back you, cure4blues.
You got the Ologolos stamp of approval.
I'll hit your wall and post that you're not a scammer.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Larry, with regard to defamation in this game, finding out the truth about whether a stranger has truly engaged in scamming, like the post on his wall claims, is difficult. That said, I, a visitor to the accused's wall, will be wary of trading with the accused until I can verify if they really are a scammer. This is why defamation is such a big issue here.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by HelloKitty Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 am

Well it looks like this same person is scamming others. And admitting to it. I found this on a Facebook group.

Scammer 945201_10200246893868872_2047859453_n
HelloKitty
HelloKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mawrg Wed May 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Interesting...that same jackash showed up on my wall claiming that he got scammed.

Mawrg

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1986 Sat May 18, 2013 12:57 am

For the record, whitedawg is banned. I was one of his victims. The guy is a sociopath that works long and hard to scam his victims by preying on their human compassion. He talked to me for 3 months, had a whole clan convinced he was autistic and that his brother stole his phone to send good monsters to the brothers acct. he scammed mormonbars by telling him that he was extremely depressed and suicidal and spent his last money and didn't get good monsters.

All aside, yes, it is our fault for treating a game as a game and having compassion and trusting. But more importantly, the reason I actually made an account to respond is because although, he has been banned, this is far from over. He has many alt accounts, including one named doggyjr, one named omfg that we know of. I have several screenshots of him saying he is going to lay low and then just start scamming people again. I also have a screenshot of him blatantly stating he commits credit card fraud on game, buying tons of soul points and then reporting card stolen. Of course, all these were sent to A-Team, with absolutely nothing done about it.

So, word of warning. Be careful, but still have fun. Wouldn't want anyone else to lose an entire team like I did and almost have game ruined

Maverick1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1986 Sat May 18, 2013 1:04 am

Also, I'd be glad to provide screenshots via KIK since for whatever reason I can't post here. It's f14tomcat1986

Maverick1986

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Maverick1986 wrote:had a whole clan convinced he was autistic and that his brother stole his phone to send good monsters to the brothers acct. he scammed mormonbars by telling him that he was extremely depressed and suicidal and spent his last money and didn't get good monsters.

lmao

scamming is bad and all, but that's a pretty funny con.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next