Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

+51
Event Horizon
ailarius
Marked0001
K0ta
Panda987
TigerStrike
zzz1998
Jin_HD
X3R0N
ChickenNecker
Deathwish
gf2013
Ologolos
NghiaLe
Will22
Spit_
JessicaMD
South.sin
FrankF
faithnomorex
pacer0928
SwtLaotiaNix7
qwersjc
bbr
Grendel
Scratch102
JSOG
The Skill
bacsiha
HelloKitty
Billly
Xcalibre
ryesteve
verbalkintify
MR.C
Armitaage
WorpeX
XJF
EdwardStarbuck
Ardios
Dagodz
hgrubandT
rathmorg
robinsonsteve62
Lisu
Deathblob
Noc3
B$
Demoni
applesauce
Jewelguy
55 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 9 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by applesauce Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 am

ryesteve wrote:
applesauce wrote:those are probably alt accounts, a majority of the high rankers have mutiple account, its not so usually for them to rank with main and alt
Wish you had at least looked before answering. I know what alts look like, and these ain't alts. They all look exactly the same: tyranny, lv110, no battles, crap formation, no messaging, and usually have the letter Q in the name, and usually have Gillman as the leader. And of course all their floor totals were all very close to one another.

I don't know exactly what they all are, but "alts" doesn't explain why they're all pretty much identical.

could very well be one guy, that runs 10 vms(along with auto click of course) that only uses those account exclusivly for ranking in events with good rewards. that said have someone reported this to ateam yet, maybe they'll bring out the banhammer again lol
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 9 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by bacsiha Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:36 am

I can only use max 3 alts to rank, and also have too much risk (time is the main risk) and this event i failed one acc
that guy can rank so many acc I guess he would have a monster desktop (like i7, rame 16gb ...)
Im starting upgrade my 5 yrs old desktop today, hope it will play faster then

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am

bacsiha wrote:I can only use max 3 alts to rank, and also have too much risk (time is the main risk) and this event i failed one acc
that guy can rank so many acc I guess he would have a monster desktop (like i7, rame 16gb ...)
Im starting upgrade my 5 yrs old desktop today, hope it will play faster then

I run my VM on an overclocked i7 3770k... it is still painfully slow compared to a phone or tablet.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 am

somthing wrong with your desk
i borrowed my gf's lap, its i5 3gb ram and i saw its faster than my Ip4

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marked0001 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 am

Seems like there are ton more than what Death blob listed. All level 110, all with same amount of floors within 1 or 2. No connection, attacks, communication,nothing.Very strange.

Marked0001

Back to top Go down

Post by K0ta Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm

@deathblob OMG you found a picture of my long lost brother *gasp* yes I look exactly like that Smile
K0ta
K0ta

Back to top Go down

Post by ailarius Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

How many ep have you guys spent on this event?

ailarius

Back to top Go down

Post by ailarius Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 pm

and how many rank AA summons have you gotten from McFly?

ailarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Xcalibre Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I spent a couple hundred EP. and no AA summons from Mcfly for me.
Xcalibre
Xcalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:11 pm

I only got a couple AA summons. most of my stuff was gold and soe+ :/
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by ailarius Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Boomy wrote:I only got a couple AA summons. most of my stuff was gold and soe+ :/
Does AA summons generate rank AAA monsters at all?

ailarius

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:15 pm

ailarius wrote:
Boomy wrote:I only got a couple AA summons. most of my stuff was gold and soe+ :/

Says rank AA or higher...so in theory, I suppose it could get a AAA.
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by ailarius Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Boomy wrote:
ailarius wrote:

But I have never got a rank A from rank B summons....

ailarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagodz Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 pm

ailarius wrote:
Boomy wrote:
ailarius wrote:

But I have never got a rank A from rank B summons....

I have. A few times actually. But only from the regular b summons. Not the skilled.

Dagodz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

applesauce wrote:
ryesteve wrote:
applesauce wrote:those are probably alt accounts, a majority of the high rankers have mutiple account, its not so usually for them to rank with main and alt
Wish you had at least looked before answering. I know what alts look like, and these ain't alts. They all look exactly the same: tyranny, lv110, no battles, crap formation, no messaging, and usually have the letter Q in the name, and usually have Gillman as the leader. And of course all their floor totals were all very close to one another.

I don't know exactly what they all are, but "alts" doesn't explain why they're all pretty much identical.

could very well be one guy, that runs 10 vms(along with auto click of course) that only uses those account exclusivly for ranking in events with good rewards. that said have someone reported this to ateam yet, maybe they'll bring out the banhammer again lol

anyone remember a recent auction house post advertizing bots?
What was that poster's name... wasn't it Q-something?
the plot thickens, methinks...
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah, I looked at all his demo videos... he didn't have anything implemented that allowed autoplay of events, but given what he HAD already accomplished, it didn't take much imagination to see that it wouldn't be that hard for him to do.

Still not clear why ATeam tolerated any of that, since some of his bot's functions were clear cheats, not just autoplay.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:00 pm

ryesteve wrote:Yeah, I looked at all his demo videos... he didn't have anything implemented that allowed autoplay of events, but given what he HAD already accomplished, it didn't take much imagination to see that it wouldn't be that hard for him to do.

Still not clear why ATeam tolerated any of that, since some of his bot's functions were clear cheats, not just autoplay.

Ah ok, I think i may have seen some of those videos on You Tube.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

BSD had it to where he could play from inside firefox...take from that what you want...
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 pm

ryesteve wrote:Still not clear why ATeam tolerated any of that, since some of his bot's functions were clear cheats, not just autoplay.
Because they don't care. Until it becomes public knowledge that such a thing exists.. until many people start noticing and complaining.. they won't do anything. Now they probably will. But the question is what will/can they do?

I count 12 names from what DeathBlob posted. And apparently there were more..? That is quite a significant number. Now imagine that more than one person starts botting like this.. that will be the downfall of Dark Summoner.

Also.. think about the sheer amount of ep that it would have taken to get as many floors as he did. Between 400-500ep to get to that floor count on EACH account. (He probably started somewhere between lvls 80-85 on each account.) Multiply that by only 10.. and that's at least 4000 ep. If this is one person, that is sure a lot of ep to possess. So.. he either bought a lot of it (which would be risky if the accounts were to be banned). Or he has also figured out an exploit to get soul points/ep.

What will A Team do? That is a good question. Ban his accounts? He could just be more careful next time. This was probably meant more to get publicity for his bot. Patch the exploits that he may be using? Do they even know how? Start cracking down on alt accounts? That won't be a good thing for many. But if they choose to do nothing... the game is doomed.

When there are only 500 ranking spots and 90% of those are taken up by botters.. what happens to all the non-botters? If this bot and/or bots like it become more wide spread, this game will die. There are, without a doubt, botters within the game. Probably have been for a long time. The danger is when the ability to do so becomes easily attainable.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, I had the same thoughts/suspicions about the ep that you did... if someone's smart enough to do what they did, I don't doubt they're smart enough to figure out an ep exploit.

As for what they can do, I'm pretty sure bot use is detectable on A Team's side. After all, in that guy's videos, he made it clear to anyone wanting to test it that they should only use a low level account, ie so when it gets banned, they won't care. And the guy did offer to show ATeam where they were vulnerable... so they might as well just go ahead and hire the guy already.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 pm

How can bot use be detectable? Unless this specific one runs in a way that is. Simply automating something is not detectable.
If you got your friend to tap your phone for you, would they be able to detect that it wasn't you? (No.) A bot is the same.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marked0001 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 pm

If they can auto run an event on that many accounts the illusory peak event would have been easy ep for them.
I counted around 30 accounts with the same characteristics within 1 or 2 floors of each other.

Marked0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Event Horizon wrote:How can bot use be detectable.
The speed and regularity of the data coming from the players' side would be the most obvious ways

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 pm

ok so I watched the videos of that guy. now forgetting all the cheating that's envolved, I wish the guy would just create a pc version of the game (with permission from and supported by Ateam) so a person could actually play it, I tried using BS but man it sucks so bad, he should just team up and make a pc version with them so I can keep playing(I have kind of an obsessive personality and now that I am much higher levels I cant play as much as I want to and my wife plays her own (wont let me touch it...lol). some of the stuff would actually be kind of nifty to be implemented in the game itself mainly the auto tapper part, having that for missions (not able to use on events though) would be nice, I have 600 energy points so crystal farming takes forever!!!! so an auto tapper would be awesome for missions.

I worry cause I have only been on this game since September and I want to start trying to rank soon as I am sure many other newer players are, and it would suck if it was made impossible with this kind of stuff being used.

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Uh... if everyone has an auto-tapper for missions, creating an effectively limitless supply of crystals, what do you think that will do to crystal (and crystal-produced items) prices? The whole point of tapping being slow and boring is to limit supply.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next