Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

+51
Event Horizon
ailarius
Marked0001
K0ta
Panda987
TigerStrike
zzz1998
Jin_HD
X3R0N
ChickenNecker
Deathwish
gf2013
Ologolos
NghiaLe
Will22
Spit_
JessicaMD
South.sin
FrankF
faithnomorex
pacer0928
SwtLaotiaNix7
qwersjc
bbr
Grendel
Scratch102
JSOG
The Skill
bacsiha
HelloKitty
Billly
Xcalibre
ryesteve
verbalkintify
MR.C
Armitaage
WorpeX
XJF
EdwardStarbuck
Ardios
Dagodz
hgrubandT
rathmorg
robinsonsteve62
Lisu
Deathblob
Noc3
B$
Demoni
applesauce
Jewelguy
55 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by faithnomorex Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Something, something... gambler's fallacy... something, something...

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event)

Post by Grendel Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

FrankF wrote:

This does nothing of the sort. The odds of getting 4 ges in a row if there are 4 possible outcomes and all are equally likely (assuming independent events) is 0.39%. Small, but not impossible. Given the number of active players (> 50K I think), you would expect a good number of them to get 4 ges in a row.

Now, if you had said "OK, this information just makes clear is most probably isn't a 25% chance", then I wouldn't have had to get on my pedantic math-nerd soapbox.

two can play this game xD

since i am at floor 300 and only got 1 orb and ranked 1500. we can be sure there are no 50K ppl near the possibilty of even getting four extra summons. and out of them one posted here he got three in a row and one posted he got four in a row.

Thats why i am on the safe side if I say it's impossible, but still even if the Odds of getting a GES were 0.00001% it wouldn't be impossible to get 100 GES in a row. gg

I hope that's good with your pedant attitude Wink

Oh and sorry to all for my horrible english ^^

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagodz Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 pm

I was to floor 1k and i was ranked 300ish and fell back quite a bit for taking easter off (508). But i still have lots of ep to burn so I am quickly making that up. Already up to floor 1500 and will be at 2k before dinner.

This is my first attempt to rank in anything. I never knew how much work it would actually be. Wow I am clicked out at this point....

Dagodz

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 pm

FrankF wrote:This does nothing of the sort. The odds of getting 4 ges in a row if there are 4 possible outcomes and all are equally likely (assuming independent events) is 0.39%. Small, but not impossible. Given the number of active players (> 50K I think), you would expect a good number of them to get 4 ges in a row.

Now, if you had said "OK, this information just makes clear is most probably isn't a 25% chance", then I wouldn't have had to get on my pedantic math-nerd soapbox.
Stop, you're giving math nerds a bad name. 50k active players are irrelevant, since 50k didn't post here. Only two did. One got 3 gevos in a row, and the other got 4 in a row. Nothing in statistics is "impossible", but at some point, the probability is so low, just concede the point and move on.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Noc3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Well afterall I think I'll only make it to floor 150, I feel like Im not leveling as fast as I did last time I did this event, any of you floor grinders got a spare velvet dreams (sin AA) to give? :3 I promise I'll give her a good home and level her and take her out for fights Very Happy
Noc3
Noc3

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

i've gotton 3 ges but not consecutively, the only other thing i got is velvet dreams, i literally have like 5 atm :/
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 pm

ryesteve wrote:
FrankF wrote:This does nothing of the sort. The odds of getting 4 ges in a row if there are 4 possible outcomes and all are equally likely (assuming independent events) is 0.39%. Small, but not impossible. Given the number of active players (> 50K I think), you would expect a good number of them to get 4 ges in a row.

Stop, you're giving math nerds a bad name. 50k active players are irrelevant, since 50k didn't post here. Only two did. One got 3 gevos in a row, and the other got 4 in a row. Nothing in statistics is "impossible", but at some point, the probability is so low, just concede the point and move on.

The number of active players is most definitely not irrelevant. Given a large enough population, you should *expect* some of them to get 4 in a row. And in the limit, you should expect a string of N in a row for any N (\in Z^+) you care to mention. But most importantly, you can't assume that the two posters represent your sample, given the selection bias in posting. How do you know we didn't have 50K lurkers who didn't get 3 or 4 gevos in a row?

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 am

Because I've only done 130 floors, and I'm rank #6783.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 am

FrankF wrote:The number of active players is most definitely not irrelevant. Given a large enough population, you should *expect* some of them to get 4 in a row. And in the limit, you should expect a string of N in a row for any N (\in Z^+) you care to mention. But most importantly, you can't assume that the two posters represent your sample, given the selection bias in posting. How do you know we didn't have 50K lurkers who didn't get 3 or 4 gevos in a row?
I said stop. I have no patience for faux-intellectual posers.

No one is saying two people are "representative" of ANYTHING. It's the only data points we had, but it was enough. And if/when more people add their experiences, their data can be added, and we'll still conclude that the chances of getting an evo are greater than 25%.

And what selection bias? People posting here are more inclined to summon evos instead of AAs?? And the reason I know that there aren't 50k lurkers who would say otherwise is because the one thing the internet is good at is generating gratuitous contradiction, you being Exhibit A. But like I said, when more people weigh in, they'll be included.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Noc3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 am

applesauce wrote:i've gotton 3 ges but not consecutively, the only other thing i got is velvet dreams, i literally have like 5 atm :/

can I haz 1 velvet dreams pls? :3
Noc3
Noc3

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 am

to know that the chance to summon GES is 25% or not we must have at least 1000 + summon

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:56 am

I've had 7 sets so far after floor 200.
4 GES and 3 Covert AA
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:47 am

ryesteve wrote:
No one is saying two people are "representative" of ANYTHING. It's the only data points we had, but it was enough. And if/when more people add their experiences, their data can be added, and we'll still conclude that the chances of getting an evo are greater than 25%.

And what selection bias? People posting here are more inclined to summon evos instead of AAs?? And the reason I know that there aren't 50k lurkers who would say otherwise is because the one thing the internet is good at is generating gratuitous contradiction, you being Exhibit A. But like I said, when more people weigh in, they'll be included.

The selection bias is of people talking about their experiences. The people more likely to post are the ones who had the "unusual" seeming experiences, like getting 4 gevos in a row. Those who got evo-AA-evo-AA would be less likely to post. But you really can't responsibly conclude much from a sample size of two, even if it's all the data you have.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am

FrankF wrote: But you really can't responsibly conclude much from a sample size of two, even if it's all the data you have.
Sure you can... all it took was a sample of size 1 of your postings for me to reliably conclude that your analytical skills are awful.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 am

Guys keep calm don't fight please

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 5 Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by South.sin Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 pm

is it worth spend my ep to get the AA from this event? what's the price?

South.sin

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 pm

I hate when they makes the tower events 2 weeks...then it takes spook liking for the death summoner to show up(usually the last weekend)...I'm kinda just waiting for him now.....

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

South.sin wrote:is it worth spend my ep to get the AA from this event? what's the price?

The market should be so flooded with the AAs, that you should be able to pick up a reg for 5 EP or less by the end of the event.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Scratch102 wrote:Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 5 Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn

Hyperion's Sequoia (Tower Event) - Page 5 Stephen-Colbert-Raves-It-up
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by South.sin Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm

that sucks..

South.sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagodz Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Never got around to the 1500 - 2000 push yesterday so I wound up at 1501 and ranked #442 this morning.

Just an FYI for those of you wanting to know how much cushion you have.

Dagodz

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for the info... that'd make the current cut around 1440

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by South.sin Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:15 pm

to rank up in 500 how much ep it usually takes?

South.sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagodz Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I have spent 0 ep. All mine has been myep... Smile

But i have spent around 115 myep to get here

Dagodz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next