Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Wars (Clan Event)

+31
EdwardStarbuck
Imaboss1210
Scratch102
cure4blues
Wetoddo
Armitaage
FrankF
WorpeX
zeethee
larry378
Event Horizon
Bestron2
Lisu
Tryptich
bbr
JessicaMD
JSOG
MoRandi
echoside
zzz1998
Marked0001
Xcalibre
ryesteve
AbsoluteKelvin
Ologolos
bacsiha
SwtLaotiaNix7
borix
HelloKitty
Maverick1986
Jewelguy
35 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Clan Wars (Clan Event) - Page 3 Empty Re: Clan Wars (Clan Event)

Post by ryesteve Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 pm

First battle was random; after that, it's based on rank.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1986 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Most of us seem confused by how matches are made. Some speculate by clan points. Others by rank. Some by score (however the heck that's calculated), and still others by clan status (moonstone, peridot, etc). It's probably some combo of those that no one will figure out

Maverick1986

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:39 pm

No, I'm comfortable that it's figured out. It's by rank... ie wins, with cp as the tie-breaker.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 pm

JessicaMD wrote: or is the fixed schedule literally impossible for a lot of people to deal with?

how does matching work? is it totally random? (are we just getting a random clan that 1 person started and quit the game without ever recruiting anybody?)
I know for sure the fixed schedule is retarded.

It's based on the USA it seems?
and really, i play when i have time, not because it's a certain time.

Aside that, you get matched up with players 100s of BP higher than you. what gives??

Of all the things they could steal from the game immortalis, a fixed pvp schedule is not what they should have taken...
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 pm

bbr wrote:
JessicaMD wrote: or is the fixed schedule literally impossible for a lot of people to deal with?

how does matching work? is it totally random? (are we just getting a random clan that 1 person started and quit the game without ever recruiting anybody?)
I know for sure the fixed schedule is retarded.

It's based on the USA it seems?
and really, i play when i have time, not because it's a certain time.

Aside that, you get matched up with players 100s of BP higher than you. what gives??

Of all the things they could steal from the game immortalis, a fixed pvp schedule is not what they should have taken...

it's not THAT great for USA players... 7-8am and 5-6pm are major commute times... I did most of yesterday's 5pm battle sitting in traffic on the way home from work.

I think it would have been more fair if they just staggered the battle times evenly throughout the day; like 6am, noon, 6pm, midnight; that way, no matter where you are in the world you should be able to get 3/4 battles

also, if the matching is based on ranking... shouldn't they be getting harder over time as opposed to easier? there seem to be a ton of clans where only a handful of people are playing at all... we have less than 5 min left in this current battle and our opponent this time has 840cp so far... for a noon battle?
It's nice to win and all, but it would be pretty boring to just have the rest of the clans we fight be like this... all it means is we're holding off on spending bp and making big cp to see if they start fighting back; so we can use bp reactively against tough opponents instead (since this is based on wins not cp) rather than wasting it all on easy people and not having enough when we need it. I kinda want to spend some bp lol... I re-did a whole bunch of allies so I could do multiple attacks, but we're beating these guys practically on regen. (I don't think they're even fighting us with regen)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

JessicaMD wrote:also, if the matching is based on ranking... shouldn't they be getting harder over time as opposed to easier? there seem to be a ton of clans where only a handful of people are playing at all... we have less than 5 min left in this current battle and our opponent this time has 840cp so far... for a noon battle?
It's nice to win and all, but it would be pretty boring to just have the rest of the clans we fight be like this... all it means is we're holding off on spending bp and making big cp to see if they start fighting back; so we can use bp reactively against tough opponents instead (since this is based on wins not cp) rather than wasting it all on easy people and not having enough when we need it. I kinda want to spend some bp lol... I re-did a whole bunch of allies so I could do multiple attacks, but we're beating these guys practically on regen. (I don't think they're even fighting us with regen)

Exactly, I'm not buying into this matched on rank stuff, this is the third fight in a row from a clan with only 1 or 2 people fighting

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryptich Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:20 pm

My clan was destroyed in the first match, we were so far behind after 10 minutes we stopped trying and lost 8000-300. We won the next 5 match-ups with relative ease (opponents scoring less than 300). Today we have lost 2 matches the final 2-5 minutes of battle time. It's been a bit of a crap shoot, some really active clans some totally inactive. We'll see how everything turns out but thus far this event seems to be not really worth the effort.

Tryptich

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:44 pm

maybe the first match was the most critically important one of all since it determined the initial "ranking" split...

we lost our first against those guys who I was talking about earlier with 2 or 3 people pumping bp throughout the entire hour

but we've won every single one after that; the vast majority without ANY resistance at all (we had a few where there was a fun little last minute bp burn to widen the margin, but those are the exception rather than the rule)

I guess at the end; there will be a LOT of clan with 100% victory rate (more than 10); and cp will be the determining factor between them

so... lets say there are 50 clans who don't lose a single battle... then they are the top 50 based on their relative cp rank... I guess basically if you lose a single battle you're pretty screwed as far as final AAA/AA rewards go unless you do manage to get millions of cp to be the top clan in the non 100% victory bracket (maybe rank 50-100) and maybe get AA if you have a ton of cp, but if you've lost more than 1; you're going to get a soul of enlightenment and some mybp in a best case scenario Razz

I've never cared too much about rankings, but I just think it would be more fun if they had some reasonable matching... the few where we actually had some resistance and competition were much more satisfying than the ones where you just log in every 10 min or so ready to burn ep to make or widen a lead but see you're still healthily in the lead on account of maybe they have 2 dudes attacking you with regen

haha if anything I guess we could blame our general for saying not to go overboard with bp on the first match and save it for later lol, but I thought cp would be the rank determining factor too... and it did make sense to maybe wait for a bonus time or something like one later in the event.

oh well, I guess this event may not be all that great or make all that much sense; but all in all I think this is a WONDERFUL step in a good direction for the game overall! They really should do more "unique" new events, especially ones with clan involvement.

The first plane ever built didn't have first class, internet, and unlimited drinks; but we wouldn't have any of those if not for the first rickety ones you had to lie down on and pedal lol
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Well I can confirm that you can face the same clan twice. Just fought Age of Demons again, lost again.

Also I believe matchups are determined by CP, cuz we've been facing nothing BUT top notch clans...which is seriously draining all our resources. Only easy battle was the 1st random one.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisu Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:46 pm

We had some fun battles. Think 3 of them were won by 200 cps on last push even that we were loosing by 5k.

This event is not perfect, but the most fun in a long while.
Lisu
Lisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:34 pm

I would prefer if the schedule wasn't fixed, because the times for the battles are shonky, but yes, this event is actually pretty fun! We get to cooperate with our clannies for once.
Clan chat is the most active it has been for the entirety of our clan formation, too. Some people who have never talked before are doing so now.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:39 am

Bestron2 wrote:I would prefer if the schedule wasn't fixed, because the times for the battles are shonky, but yes, this event is actually pretty fun! We get to cooperate with our clannies for once.
Clan chat is the most active it has been for the entirety of our clan formation, too. Some people who have never talked before are doing so now.

haha phae most of those people who haven't talked before are brand new members who joined right before this event Very Happy
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 am

Retracting my earlier comments on how the matchups are being done. Wins aren't being factored. Just cp.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by HelloKitty Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:23 am

ryesteve wrote:Retracting my earlier comments on how the matchups are being done. Wins aren't being factored. Just cp.

Speculation.
HelloKitty
HelloKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:36 am

No, it's math. My clan was top 10 when undefeated. At 7-1, we were #131. If undefeated teams always faced undefeated teams, there couldn't be that many left after 8 battles. There aren't enough clans.

As for cp, we have enough alts in enough clans to see what sort of opponents are being drawn at many different levels of cp.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:09 am

My clan #34 (1 lose until now) with 76k CP and still facing clans with a lot of A form

My alt clan (only 2 member are my 2 alt) #2k with 130k CP too

I think it determined by both CP and rank

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 am

I tknink clns are matched randomly form a pool of clan with similar (not exactly same) power, and for each power categore pools were made by A-team before event began, thats why member kick and or clan disband its not allowed, or to join/leave clan(during battles)
So it's pure luck what clans u face, my clan have already faced 2 clans that lose with 0 CP at the end, so those were completly inactive clans, we also faced clans with AA forms 170+ bp and allmost all of my clan members lost except me, we have 8 wins and 3 loses and a score of 19, clan rank 531...soo we su*k, anyway these things are random, no math can explain all these different things

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 am

bacsiha wrote:My clan #34 (1 lose until now) with 76k CP
Did your 1 loss happen after the 1pm rank report yesterday? If not, this makes no sense, since we were #131 with over 200k cp.

And since rank is based on wins, like I said, the math wouldn't work. There had to have been about 125 undefeated clans left after 8 fights, given my clan's #131 ranking with 1 loss. If matchups are rank-based so that undefeateds always battle each other, that means there were 250 after 7 fights, 500 after 6, 1000 after 5, 2000 after 4, 4000 after 3, 8000 after 2, 16000 after 1, and 32000 at the start. We don't have 32000 clans. Therefore, undefeateds are not always matched against undefeateds.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 am

MoRandi wrote:I tknink clns are matched randomly form a pool of clan with similar (not exactly same) power
Absolutely not. We've faced clans with A squads, and we've faced Age of Demons and Hell's Underworld. No one would have ever lumped these clans together as having "similar power".

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 am

Until now only 1 lose
Lost on 8/6 7am
And last ranking on 8/6 1pm is #34

Will take pic later, on phone atm

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 am

And im afraid that only a few pp in top 10 clan can get the AAA since it need 100k CP individual lol

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am

No pic needed. I believe you more than I trust ATeam not to F things up as usual. Let me know where you're at after today's update.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 am

ryesteve wrote:
MoRandi wrote:I tknink clns are matched randomly form a pool of clan with similar (not exactly same) power
Absolutely not. We've faced clans with A squads, and we've faced Age of Demons and Hell's Underworld. No one would have ever lumped these clans together as having "similar power".

So if this isn't correct too, since my clan only meet clan of similar power, and urs not, than all our theoryes falls, in the end it must be random, not quite a clan like mine with PP or PU but similar.
Another theory must be that clans are matched by members history, like events rankings, progress, items bought and spent, since in my clan me and some others were ranked below 200 in past events, about 4-5 members of my clan ranked atleast once in events below 200 so, this must be another criteria since if my memory helps me, i have seen in fights in this event atleast 1 person that i saw ranked in one of the last few events

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 am

Maybe lower
Last ranking at 1pm 8/6 but seem it was ranking before 7am 8/6 when my clan undefeated lol

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:01 am

MoRandi wrote:So if this isn't correct too, since my clan only meet clan of similar power, and urs not
That's because in any given battle, we've scored anywhere from 1,000 cp to 75,000cp. That's why we get a variety. Guess which time we got served Age Of Demons next?

Your other theories are so absurdly complicated, you can't really believe ATeam would implement something like that, do you?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next