Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Wars (Clan Event)

+31
EdwardStarbuck
Imaboss1210
Scratch102
cure4blues
Wetoddo
Armitaage
FrankF
WorpeX
zeethee
larry378
Event Horizon
Bestron2
Lisu
Tryptich
bbr
JessicaMD
JSOG
MoRandi
echoside
zzz1998
Marked0001
Xcalibre
ryesteve
AbsoluteKelvin
Ologolos
bacsiha
SwtLaotiaNix7
borix
HelloKitty
Maverick1986
Jewelguy
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Clan Wars (Clan Event) - Page 7 Empty Re: Clan Wars (Clan Event)

Post by Scratch102 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 pm

ryesteve wrote:There's no way a clan with 150k cp should be anywhere near the top 50. Cripes, there are some clans who can do that in half an hour who aren't even in the top 100.

I don't see where this complaint hits. You win a fight you get 2 or 3 points, it averages out. If you lose fights you get matched up with weaker clans who have also lost fights and are at similar scores. You win and go back up, some. Does this allow for paths to cross between weaker/decent clans and these 'pro' clans in higher ranking? Sure. Then the pro clan better step up and win if they want to climb the ranks. How is that so hard to grasp?

If a clan with only 100k cp is smart enough to have only a few losses and are able to win fights without dumping absurdly large amounts of BP/$$ then why shouldn't they be able to get into the top 50? Fairness? Fk that, if you can win by attrition and have deep pockets, fine. If you can win with tactics without spending $$, even better.

If it is going to be setup that the clans that spend the highest dollar amount wins, then as Larry said, they should just have a paypal setup where $XX = XXXcp and end the event in an hour.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Scratch102 wrote:Does this allow for paths to cross between weaker/decent clans and these 'pro' clans in higher ranking? Sure.
No, I'm not sure. If a clan constantly is matched against low cp clans, and never has to spend more than 5k to win, how do they ever get matched against the "pro" clans where it might take 70k to win? This event is so obviously bucketed and tiered such that crossovers do NOT happen. How is that so hard to grasp??

Sure, you can argue that it makes for great strategy to game the system and set yourself up for a long string of easy matchups... except the matchup method was never explained, so the only people who would have understood this strategy from the beginning would be those who recognized it as an event they copied from RoB. Sandbagging is generally not considered sporting behavior in ANY competition, so it's not like it'd be the intuitive strategy.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:49 pm

ryesteve wrote:
Scratch102 wrote:Does this allow for paths to cross between weaker/decent clans and these 'pro' clans in higher ranking? Sure.
No, I'm not sure. If a clan constantly is matched against low cp clans, and never has to spend more than 5k to win, how do they ever get matched against the "pro" clans where it might take 70k to win? This event is so obviously bucketed and tiered such that crossovers do NOT happen. How is that so hard to grasp??

Sure, you can argue that it makes for great strategy to game the system and set yourself up for a long string of easy matchups... except the matchup method was never explained, so the only people who would have understood this strategy from the beginning would be those who recognized it as an event they copied from RoB. Sandbagging is generally not considered sporting behavior in ANY competition, so it's not like it'd be the intuitive strategy.

We won a battle with 8k cp points before battling apocalypse. Most of our CP scores have been low to conserve bp. We have had one battle where we scored 175k as a team, but you don't seem to grasp that you don't know what you're talking about.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm

yeah, the inclusion of strategy in this event as opposed to pure resource magnitude is a major positive in my opinion.

many of the complaints about this event are "I spent X bp and we're ranked Y". the idea of "acceptable losses" really needs to be considered.

we're not "great", but we have not spent bp on a single battle that we have lost; we have not had a single close battle which we have lost; every time a battle starts one we observed the enemy clan's output, identified VIPS, progs, burners, and made the call to defer or escalate, and won every single one we decided to commit to. any bp spent has gone to a victory. And for that reason; we're having a good time.

it's different admittedly from other events in the past where return was a direct exchange of resources for rank; so I can absolutely understand why above average spenders/burners may be angry by the diminishing returns elicited by approaching this with the typical brute force "throw potions at it" approach.

but in the end; the top rankers will be the top spenders (PU & co), but the high ranks will be occupied by clans which use resources with an underlying strategy.

It's a curveball yes, a surprise. But I think it's interesting for a change.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm

EdwardStarbuck wrote:We won a battle with 8k cp points before battling apocalypse. Most of our CP scores have been low to conserve bp. We have had one battle where we scored 175k as a team, but you don't seem to grasp that you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm sure the apoc matchup happened after you already banked that 175k. And you don't seem to grasp that you're not even close to being as clever as you think you are.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:10 pm

To me.. the match ups seem fairly random and it doesn't seem like they are determined by CP or whatever. Would not make sense how you can face inactive clans in one battle and then clans that do 100k cp in one battle during the next or vice versa.

While you can say there is some strategy required, it seems like it is more about luck... How will any strategy help you if you are unlucky enough to get into 10 battles with PU? The rankings are up in the air and can change at the drop of a hat. They SEEM to have balanced out more after almost an entire week, but are still too variable.
This event is only interesting if you haven't been completely screwed by the matching system, which can happen easily enough.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

ryesteve wrote:This event is so obviously bucketed and tiered such that crossovers do NOT happen. How is that so hard to grasp??

I'd love to hear how you think our clan got to rank #7 then. At the time we only were at 90k or so CP. Oh and we had 1 loss (first fight), all others were strategically won.

Event Horizon wrote:To me.. the match ups seem fairly random and it doesn't seem like they
are determined by CP or whatever. Would not make sense how you can face
inactive clans in one battle and then clans that do 100k cp in one
battle during the next or vice versa.

I know there are issues with the EST plan, sometimes that helps and others it hurts. We may have fought a clan that was asleep with a few people up and trying, then during their next fight they cleaned house. Win for us, loss for the next.

I am almost certain the matchups are randomly selected from the group of people with the same or nearly the same Clan Score. Does anyone really think ATeam went out of their way to setup coding for clan matchups that is any different than what they use for the rankings?
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:52 pm

ryesteve wrote:I think your general needs to keep better tabs on his
clan if you don't know who's still playing and who's not.
I am a clan Lt and trust me, we know how to tab/track a clan member, but seems u need a better explanation. If we see a member from 2 weeks same lvl (lower lvl not 200+) no form change, no messages nowhere, they rrely donate lets say 100k than 2 weeks again missing, sometimes we cant even find them in donation history since rest of donations trouns him out quick so we cant always remember who donate and when, we had to message them to aswell se how fast they respond, to know they are active.
To be sincere, i prefer a player that donates 10k week but help us in events fights and so on, that prefering a player only for his gold, that donates 100k/2 weeks, hope u got it now, gl Wink

ryesteve wrote:
Scratch102 wrote:Overall this isn't the worst setup possible. using the 'score' to place clans then using CP to rank within that score # is fine
What's not fine is the way the matchups are being done. There's no way a clan with 150k cp should be anywhere near the top 50. Cripes, there are some clans who can do that in half an hour who aren't even in the top 100. If you're going to do a clan event, the final leaderboard should actually come close to replicating clan strength. Except for PU being on top, the rest is going to be a crap shoot dependent upon whatever this screwy matching system was.
Rye, how can u think that, my advice, never open ur personal busyness, in A-team eyes and any company that wants to be up, what should reflects in rankings must be those clan that have players who spent money and burned most BP, not those "top" clans with players that have monsters/items and they get BP only by trading/selliung and looks for offers to multiply items they have, like i did along time.

Sry pal, but u have the worst ways of thinking...any problems

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Clan Wars (Clan Event) - Page 7 Empty Individual Ran

Post by Mawrg Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:05 pm

borix wrote:What about the top 1000 cut off (individual cp ranking). I don't care about this AAA I just hope to get in the top 1000 to get the AA + an AA summon.

I was #1780 with a bit more than 8000 cp last ranking.

As of today's most recent update, I'm rank 833 with just over 23k cp.

Since I'm out of bp, I'll be quite surprised if I'm still in top 1000 this time tomorrow.

Mawrg

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

This event require a lot more strategy and coordination than some people are given credit for.

This is only event for quite a long time that I won't gain ep nor make my formations any better. Top of that I am pretty much only one playing for a clan (using main and several alt accounts), so I've been burning BPs. However, I am having such a good time with this event. Try to steal a win at the last min has been a true adrenaline rush. And trying to hold off the last min come back is equally fun as well.

larry378 wrote:
we're not "great", but we have not spent bp on a single battle that we have lost; we have not had a single close battle which we have lost; every time a battle starts one we observed the enemy clan's output, identified VIPS, progs, burners, and made the call to defer or escalate, and won every single one we decided to commit to. any bp spent has gone to a victory. And for that reason; we're having a good time.

Larry, great minds think alike, lol. I have lost 1 close battle, and I would have won if I have 1 more hand. Other than that, I have been doing well when I decided to go for the win - especially last 3min battling. I can go from 0 to 340cp in 3min. Sometime, that's all it takes to surprise a clan.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Anyone near #500 can tell me CP you have?

Im #148 with 106k and dont want to spend more bp

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Bac, you'll be safe, take my word for it.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:16 am

The way that this event is setup is decent enough. There could be improvements, but my own personal grievances stem from being outside of the EST timezone.
What ryesteve appears to be wanting is for a pure slugfest, basically a contest of who has the deepest pockets. No offence, but that idea is cliched and stupid to boot. With a concept like that there is no strategy needed whatsoever, just burn BP and be done with it all. What you are looking for is a clan event which determines how "Elite" each clan is.
I much prefer it this way, where strategy and activeness can and will affect the outcome, rather than just a complete ripoff of RoB where it's "Whoever has the most HP autowins". Sure, if you have more BP in this event, you've got a more than likely chance that you'll win anyway, which is why it takes a surprise attack to beat those who would prefer to throw BP into the meatgrinder.
I would suggest a tiered event to appeal to everyone. Say everyone above the rank Carnelian is put into one grouping, and then everyone under that is put into another. That way its sorted by Battle Point Total, which IMO is the best way of figuring how much BP a clan has. Overlaps can occur when a clan does particularly well or particularly bad.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 am

well, say what you want about this event. A-Team finally got my money Razz

we just had a bay-of-pigs style battle which I greenlit, and I just spent 35 dollars on 4400 soul points for bp to pay back everyone who sent me some bp because we lost our first battle we committed to.

still a good event mind you, I just made a straight up retarded call... we have a "heavy hitter team" as I may have mentioned earlier. and at the 30 min mark we were trailing 1.2k to 12k, because it seemed that there were only 3 of our heavies on, and 3 other people; for 6 in total. I did a "bp roll call" to see if people could burn, and there was bp present; so I greenlit the attack (and this is the important and hilarious part) USING HEAVY TEAM OUTPUT RATE AS THE BASELINE... It should have been an easy 48k. what I neglected to consider was looking at everyone's formations and asking about skills, and the enemy formations and thinking for even a moment if we could expect same output from people who (and please understand I'm not bashing you guys, you guys are great! I just asked too much of you this time) did not ask to be on the heavy team. My assumption was; 30 minutes? 8k per person? no problem.

however; the guys we were up against had average formations which our heavy team indeed could handle (i ran out of bp mid-way; which should have been fine since we should have won by a safe margin by my estimation; when I checked back in to see reports that the members I had "conscripted" into heavy team were not faring very well in battle; so some of them sent me some bp to continue the fight). In the end; we lost.

heavy team met expected quota (hell, verbalkintify blew past the quota, and I got 7.8 because I was dicking around with palringo and posting things on the clan wall).

we lost 33k to 37k; and I just bought soul points to get bp to pay everyone back for the screwup. (and no, they didn't ask me to; I owe it to them; it was a retarded call on my part)

so this event really is pretty good Razz

A. it's fun
B. it's the first event I've bothered to rank in, I'm done now though; out of bp, and I've made an ass of myself so I'm not going to tell anyone what to do here lol, I am fairly confident the clan will place in top 100, and my individual cp ranking is guaranteed AA regardless of my sitting out on the next two battles.
C. it gets people who are vehemently against buying pixels to buy em.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 am

larry378 wrote:well, say what you want about this event. A-Team finally got my money Razz

we just had a bay-of-pigs style battle which I greenlit, and I just spent 35 dollars on 4400 soul points for bp to pay back everyone who sent me some bp because we lost our first battle we committed to.

still a good event mind you, I just made a straight up retarded call... we have a "heavy hitter team" as I may have mentioned earlier. and at the 30 min mark we were trailing 1.2k to 12k, because it seemed that there were only 3 of our heavies on, and 3 other people; for 6 in total. I did a "bp roll call" to see if people could burn, and there was bp present; so I greenlit the attack (and this is the important and hilarious part) USING HEAVY TEAM OUTPUT RATE AS THE BASELINE... It should have been an easy 48k. what I neglected to consider was looking at everyone's formations and asking about skills, and the enemy formations and thinking for even a moment if we could expect same output from people who (and please understand I'm not bashing you guys, you guys are great! I just asked too much of you this time) did not ask to be on the heavy team. My assumption was; 30 minutes? 8k per person? no problem.

however; the guys we were up against had average formations which our heavy team indeed could handle (i ran out of bp mid-way; which should have been fine since we should have won by a safe margin by my estimation; when I checked back in to see reports that the members I had "conscripted" into heavy team were not faring very well in battle; so some of them sent me some bp to continue the fight). In the end; we lost.

heavy team met expected quota (hell, verbalkintify blew past the quota, and I got 7.8 because I was dicking around with palringo and posting things on the clan wall).

we lost 33k to 37k; and I just bought soul points to get bp to pay everyone back for the screwup. (and no, they didn't ask me to; I owe it to them; it was a retarded call on my part)

so this event really is pretty good Razz

A. it's fun
B. it's the first event I've bothered to rank in, I'm done now though; out of bp, and I've made an ass of myself so I'm not going to tell anyone what to do here lol, I am fairly confident the clan will place in top 100, and my individual cp ranking is guaranteed AA regardless of my sitting out on the next two battles.
C. it gets people who are vehemently against buying pixels to buy em.
If Verbal, you and Scratch are on the heavy team, then what was I? Razz
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 am

Mawrg wrote:
borix wrote:What about the top 1000 cut off (individual cp ranking). I don't care about this AAA I just hope to get in the top 1000 to get the AA + an AA summon.

I was #1780 with a bit more than 8000 cp last ranking.

As of today's most recent update, I'm rank 833 with just over 23k cp.

Since I'm out of bp, I'll be quite surprised if I'm still in top 1000 this time tomorrow.

Thank you for the info.

I am slowly crawling my way up. Last ranking I was #1498 (not sure how much cp I had then) and now I have a bit more cp (around 13k). I still have some potions to burn and I will go all in the next 2 battles. We will probably need to but even if we do not I will do that just to get cp for me and the clan I am currently in.

About the event itself: I like it. I like discussing a bit of strategy with clan mates, I like the intense battles when this 'weak' opponent suddenly seems not so weak and tries to win in the last 5 or 10 minutes. We actually won one very exiting battle with an 8 point difference.

What I do not like is that a large part is also determined by how many potions you got to burn. No use trying to trick a clan into a last minute battle if you don't have the bp for it.

They should so something like this with a set amount of points for each player like in the forgotten island event. That would be interesting.

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 am

Lol, actually, it was a 12 point difference. 88-76=12. But yeah, they need to rehash this event periodically, it's tons of fun.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:29 am

Duh... math is hard. Embarassed

You are right off course. Still it was only a fraction of a single win so it was really lucky we won.

Sometimes you win a simple reward because you reach a certain cp amount. Then you get this message pop up suddenly 'Yeah you won this amazing Soul of wisdom. Yippie!!!'.

This could cost you the battle if it happens at a bad timing. They should change that too.

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by doublej1965 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 am

I just wish the in game rewards were a lot better and 

the final Clan rewards as well.

Don't finish in the top 100..sorry charlie, you get crap for the hundreds of BP used. 

JJ

doublej1965

Back to top Go down

Post by GodofSmoke Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 am

Any thoughts on the top 500 individual cp rankings cut off? Ill end up with ~83k cp, will that be enaugh?

GodofSmoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:05 pm

The battles have been fun... at 9:00 pm EST when it seems like most people have been available to participate.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1986 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

For the record, matchups cannot be random. Matchups seem to based on rank. Rank determined by score and CP for tiebreaker. We have fought psycho underworld three times, party people, Chinese symbols 2 X, NOFX, unholy crusaders twice, and forgotten heroes. At the higher ranks, for the most part it's not even battling. While I give PU and PP a lot of credit, it was mostly a battle of who had more progs. I'd love to see an event like this where progs didn't give such a massive boost when big clans are stacking almost 3 per person. +600% ATK/DEF/HP? Even of just for those monsters that's still like 10 monsters against 5

Maverick1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Welp, nice little twist there GTeam.  Final battle was worth 5 points, not the previous 2 or 3 points.

That is really going to jack up the rankings.  So, for anyone who lost the last battle... sorry, here's your ally points and gold.  Have fun, oh BTW new event in 3 hours or some such nonsense.

Talk about screwing things up.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by verbalkintify Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Yea the 5 point thong is BS. Interesting tidbit. People were complaining about jacked up matchups in pal group halfway through event. Pho Q, who is apparently affiliated with ateam, piped up "we have something to fix that". Interested if the 5 points was what he meant and what impact that insider information had on how his clan NTK played. No validation of this.

verbalkintify

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:49 pm

1.3 million CP and we rank 125th. Makes sense

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next