Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Rank AAA Monsters!

+24
KrystaK
qpwoalsk
dextery
Scratch102
JessicaMD
Ologolos
Necromonger
larry378
silentsong
Hummus
Dark Impact
SwtLaotiaNix7
Othrelo
Demosnam
LeadWing85
robinsonsteve62
applesauce
bacsiha
XJF
Armitaage
Deathblob
Jewelguy
God_of_War
Bestron2
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introducing Rank AAA Monsters! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Rank AAA Monsters!

Post by silentsong Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 am

I did 3 11x dark summons and the best i got was a taroth

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Introducing Rank AAA Monsters! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Rank AAA Monsters!

Post by larry378 Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 am

silentsong wrote:I did 3 11x dark summons and the best i got was a taroth

'best you got'

lmao I got a 25usd Google Play card for Christmas courtesy of JessicaMD, 3k soulpoints, just enough for an 11x dark summon. got a witch of snakes as my 'guaranteed A', and a bunch Bs (mostly garbage; some with skills, the only usefully ones being 1 agi elf heroine, and 1 ded alluring bw)

is there some sort of algorithm which increases your chances on getting 'good' things based on how much money you have spent on the game? or is there some sort of modifier tied to account?

I've spent 50usd on this game now (this 25 being the latter, and the former 25 being a card I received from some business function and had lying around until one of my former clan-mates told me that google play gift cards could be used for soul point), and I distinctly remember all the stuff I got from dark summons from the first card being utter crap; the highlights of which were crit Bs while this guaranteed A nonsense wasn't happening.

On the other hand; folks are summoning AAs regularly from their dark summons in my clan (although admittedly they PAY for dark summons regularly), and I hear all sorts of stuff about people getting good things on the forum (I concede that the 'reports' may be an insanely small slice of actual paying customers, since I feel that people who get garbage aren't always inclined to up and post about it), but is there any merit to the suggestion that there may be some sort of hidden modifier to the success rate (aka. getting good shit) from dark summons somehow proportionally linked to the amount of money spent, or perhaps intrinsically to an account? or am I just looking for some sort of ulterior explanation for my garbage luck?

I can resolutely say that my experience with "dark summons" has certainly not been one which will encourage me to directly pay for any
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 am

waste my whole day to use about hundred free dark summons, and the best I had are few Progs, not any AA cheers
i think if the chance summon AA is 1%, even you have a thoundsand DS the chance still be 1%, no more no less

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Necromonger Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 am

At least I'm not the only person that wonders about this junk. lol As someone that has accounts on my phone and 2 tablets *one's the g/f's that i hijacked* and live with room mates that also play DS. We have roughly 7 accounts if I can count correctly that we see daily. My tablet had great starting luck so at some point instead of spreading google play points around to multiple devices I decided to try and see if regularly summoning on one device would increase my odds. I've done 111 dark summons *typically only while x2 AA rate up or higher etc* and out of those 111 dark summons I received a Vlad. BUT, on the other hand my g/f's tablet who has only had 5 dark summons gets a death blade from a FREE dark summon. I'm still personally on the fence about using my dark summons on one single device or whether or not using other devices. It almost seems like since I've already paid for over 100 dark summons they figure I'll just pay anyway and increase the odds on someone who has barely summoned at all.

On the other hand, I have room mates that have summoned probably at least 70 and all typically only during increased find rates and have received a huge pile of b monsters and a few progs.

I do realize that 111 dark summons isn't that crazy an amount compared to others, but on a side note. I wanted to bring up that out of those 111 dark summons I would say at least 44 of them were used during the last raffle event. I think I had a total of around 56 tickets and really didn't get crap.

lol Ok, enough crying. Next thing you know I'll start bringing up getting a Scorn Black Wings from a "supposed" Epic Dark summons lol. Either way I'm not really sure if it leans one way or the other or it truly is just random ass numbers. This Christmas I spent my soul points on the sure bet and just bought energy potions which has turned out well considering the way the DS auction economy is currently. Albeit no where near as fun as summoning and hoping for Vaisravana's and stuff my brother did 4 x11 summons and got a bunch of crap. Not a single AA 2 progs and some random a's and b's. *that device reads as only having 5 dark summons which I know is incorrect. I know for a fact that he used 100 soul points for his Rookie dark summons as well as 2 other dark summons that I remember and I just saw him do 4 dark summons x 11 and only reads as 5 dark summons. So, do dark summons x 11 only count as 1 dark summon or is the counter for dark summons just messed up? Cause now that I'm thinking about it I'm pretty sure that I've done more than 111 dark summons and I received my one AA Vlad when DS was doing the choose a guild summons.

I've logged 26 AA's/AA+'s on my main account on my phone and only 1 has been from the dark summons and is also a card I've traded and had traded to me multiple times before the one I "earned" from the dark summon. Also, I've never placed in an event so all of my other AA's have been from straight trading or EP the only AA's I've gotten from events are the 3 casts and the 3 dragon wall dragons.

I think when I get gifted Google Play cards from now on I'll just suck it up and go with the safe bet instead of the fun of summoning.

Necromonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 am

Man, I want a Trip!
I'd love for them to be released into the market... I want more AA's at what I'd consider an affordable trading price ;o)

I would also love to know the mak level and evolution costs of those things... just out of curiosity. And the probability of summoning one.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:08 am

Dark Impact wrote:The only thing that surprised me about the release was that the monsters were labeled AAA instead of S or the like. Me and my bro were talking about how we thought the Christmas Surprise would be a new ridiculous rank

Why would they release it as a rank "S"?
That would imply lower than a C... or am I missing something?

they can always add more A's, as well... just call them A4s or A5s... I don't see them ever using Rank S, unless it's some special class, like a class for Skill Change Spirits (or whatever they're called)
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 am

Ologolos wrote:
Dark Impact wrote:The only thing that surprised me about the release was that the monsters were labeled AAA instead of S or the like. Me and my bro were talking about how we thought the Christmas Surprise would be a new ridiculous rank

they can always add more A's, as well... just call them A4s or A5s... I don't see them ever using Rank S, unless it's some special class, like a class for Skill Change Spirits (or whatever they're called)

ever play any OTHER japanese games with a ranking system? such as megaman battlenetwork series? in japanese games, rank S is always the highest possible rank, for Special/Super/Something-else-along-those-lines. in addition, in the japanese syllabaries, the "S" series is the third series of characters, not like in english in the 20-something place.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 am

Armitaage wrote:
Ologolos wrote:

ever play any OTHER japanese games with a ranking system? such as megaman battlenetwork series? in japanese games, rank S is always the highest possible rank, for Special/Super/Something-else-along-those-lines. in addition, in the japanese syllabaries, the "S" series is the third series of characters, not like in english in the 20-something place.

no, but i drive a japanese made car, and the steering wheel is still on the left side.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm

I Don't know, but every ranking system I've ever had in a game goes up to Triple A, and then S, for Special, meaning it is tough as SHIT. S rank missions pay off well, if you can beat them, but you CANT.

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:46 pm

lol idk what games you guys are talking about, I don't play alot of games, but usually what I see as rankings are something like...

easy/casual/I'm too young to die/piece of cake/rookie

normal

hard/heroic/realistic

very hard/nightmare/impossible/legendary/zealot/damn I'm good (lol they always make up some funny name for this)

etc....

but like I said, don't play alot of games, but I thought that was the standard format for ranking in games
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:50 pm

JessicaMD wrote:lol idk what games you guys are talking about, I don't play alot of games, but usually what I see as rankings are something like...

normal

hard/heroic/realistic

very hard/nightmare/impossible/legendary/zealot/damn I'm good (lol they always make up some funny name for this)

etc....

but like I said, don't play alot of games, but I thought that was the standard format for ranking in games

Those aren't rankings, they're difficulties. Rankings involve how well you did, not how hard it is. Beat the mini side quest in 20 seconds! Get an S rank! Explore that Mystery Dungeon that no ones come back from! S rank!

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Demosnam wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:lol idk what games you guys are talking about, I don't play alot of games, but usually what I see as rankings are something like...

normal

hard/heroic/realistic

etc....

Those aren't rankings, they're difficulties. Rankings involve how well you did, not how hard it is. Beat the mini side quest in 20 seconds! Get an S rank! Explore that Mystery Dungeon that no ones come back from! S rank!

hmmm... like achievements?

sorry Razz what you're describing still isn't ringing a bell for meee
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

What about the gold / silver / bronze system?

lol

Maybe the next rank should be Gold.
A Gold, AA Gold, and AAA Gold
I'm sure Japanese folks use that to ranking system also... I'm pretty sure I've played Japanese games where the highest rank was gold.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
Demosnam wrote:

normal

hard/heroic/realistic

etc....

Yeah, except not really. More like trophies, cept they use metals.

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Ologolos wrote:What about the gold / silver / bronze system?

lol

Maybe the next rank should be Gold.
A Gold, AA Gold, and AAA Gold
I'm sure Japanese folks use that to ranking system also... I'm pretty sure I've played Japanese games where the highest rank was gold.

Yeah, I know this system; they have achievements for bronze, silver, gold, and then you get platinum if you get all the others...

Demosnam wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:
Demosnam wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:lol
idk what games you guys are talking about, I don't play alot of games,
but usually what I see as rankings are something like...

normal

hard/heroic/realistic

etc....

Those
aren't rankings, they're difficulties. Rankings involve how well you
did, not how hard it is. Beat the mini side quest in 20 seconds! Get an S
rank! Explore that Mystery Dungeon that no ones come back from! S
rank!

Yeah, except not really. More like trophies, cept they use metals.

I still don't see how the letters come in... Sad

playstation is japanese right? I think they have the bronze/silver/gold/platinum...
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Ologolos wrote:they can always add more A's, as well... just call them A4s or A5s... I don't see them ever using Rank S, unless it's some special class, like a class for Skill Change Spirits (or whatever they're called)

I think Audi would get mad. I would be all over this however. Next set - A4, then even harder to get, S4 Smile

Either way, going beyond AAA is going to be unobtainium in the current economics of the game, 24 million gold to make an AAA+?? Who HAS that kind of gold? Especially with no banking and folks dumping all their gold into that last event?

A4 to A4+ would be what, Scrooge McDuck gold levels!?

At some point SOMEONE has to evolve these cards, the AA+'s that are out there didn't magically appear, people could bank until 1mil then BAM yay wait no frak need to level it to 150 FML....

Anyways yay new level, seems less rare than many AA's (seeing people post on their wall they got it in 5 tries, some in their first 11-pack) but in my eyes it means little. Until they are tradeable, so the price of some AA+'s go down, people trying to unload extras to make EP to buy these triple A's.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm

JessicaMD wrote:I still don't see how the letters come in... Sad

playstation is japanese right? I think they have the bronze/silver/gold/platinum...

Try games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo series (driving licenses), Devil May Cry (level performance), Final Fantasy VII (chocobo classes), Guilty Gear (character rankings) and others...

It is out there, but you'd have to be more of a nerd to know this, which we know you're not THAT nerdy.

Smile
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 pm

omg i just thought of something...

Gold SSS+

Shocked

6 trillion gold to evolve.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Scratch102 wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:I still don't see how the letters come in... Sad

Try games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo series (driving licenses), Devil May Cry (level performance), Final Fantasy VII (chocobo classes), Guilty Gear (character rankings) and others...

It is out there, but you'd have to be more of a nerd to know this, which we know you're not THAT nerdy.

Smile

Ooooh, I think I've actually heard of all of those, but I've never played them. okey dokey Razz
I guess it was there all along, I just never knew about it lol

aren't most of them in japanese though?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 pm

That's ridiculous, and I did post on my wall about getting it in 5 tries, and I am pissed cuz i can't sell it and if i don't use it, it's wasted. My team, you can see down below, has to be broken up.

Couldn't have won a decent AA so i could get some ep.

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by dextery Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I feel like trying this lucky shot of luck gambling and really wanna see if this so called AAA worth it lol. It kills alot of the form combo alrite but the glittering is nice ;O

dextery

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Demosnam wrote:That's ridiculous, and I did post on my wall about getting it in 5 tries, and I am pissed cuz i can't sell it and if i don't use it, it's wasted. My team, you can see down below, has to be broken up.

i would take a AAA over any AA any day of the week, as soon as they make it trade-able(they will eventually) you'll be able to get several thousand eps quickly and do some serious upgrades to your team rather than gettting a couple hundred(if u summoned a good AA) now
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:55 pm

applesauce wrote:
Demosnam wrote:That's ridiculous, and I did post on my wall about getting it in 5 tries, and I am pissed cuz i can't sell it and if i don't use it, it's wasted. My team, you can see down below, has to be broken up.

i would take a AAA over any AA any day of the week, as soon as they make it trade-able(they will eventually) you'll be able to get several thousand eps quickly and do some serious upgrades to your team rather than gettting a couple hundred(if u summoned a good AA) now

I guess you're right, but them I'm a little dubious on them actually making AAAs tradeable, cuz they didn't start off like this. Why would they bother changing it? It would kinda crash the economy and equilibrium.

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by LeadWing85 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:14 pm

larry378 wrote:
silentsong wrote:I did 3 11x dark summons and the best i got was a taroth

'best you got'

lmao I got a 25usd Google Play card for Christmas courtesy of JessicaMD, 3k soulpoints, just enough for an 11x dark summon. got a witch of snakes as my 'guaranteed A', and a bunch Bs (mostly garbage; some with skills, the only usefully ones being 1 agi elf heroine, and 1 ded alluring bw)

is there some sort of algorithm which increases your chances on getting 'good' things based on how much money you have spent on the game? or is there some sort of modifier tied to account?

I've spent 50usd on this game now (this 25 being the latter, and the former 25 being a card I received from some business function and had lying around until one of my former clan-mates told me that google play gift cards could be used for soul point), and I distinctly remember all the stuff I got from dark summons from the first card being utter crap; the highlights of which were crit Bs while this guaranteed A nonsense wasn't happening.

On the other hand; folks are summoning AAs regularly from their dark summons in my clan (although admittedly they PAY for dark summons regularly), and I hear all sorts of stuff about people getting good things on the forum (I concede that the 'reports' may be an insanely small slice of actual paying customers, since I feel that people who get garbage aren't always inclined to up and post about it), but is there any merit to the suggestion that there may be some sort of hidden modifier to the success rate (aka. getting good shit) from dark summons somehow proportionally linked to the amount of money spent, or perhaps intrinsically to an account? or am I just looking for some sort of ulterior explanation for my garbage luck?

I can resolutely say that my experience with "dark summons" has certainly not been one which will encourage me to directly pay for any

id like to argue against the hidden paying player bonus when summoning. i regularly spend money on DS, more so when i get extra fat checks from my agent. i can safely say i spend around 50-100 monthly. no ass hole comments regarding this please. the best thing ive ever summoned was an adan, and that was from a free DS during the ruins event. in fact, at the start of this last event i did 33 payed summons, and not only did i not summon even a dru, i did not summon one single prog.

my opinion is that it truely is just plain random, some have terrible luck, some need to start playing the lotto more often.
LeadWing85
LeadWing85

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Demosnam wrote:
applesauce wrote:

I guess you're right, but them I'm a little dubious on them actually making AAAs tradeable, cuz they didn't start off like this. Why would they bother changing it? It would kinda crash the economy and equilibrium.

i think they will, it may just be that they need some time to implement everything to work with an entire new class, such as ah, wl, etc etc.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next