Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild!

+2
kyan
JessicaMD
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild! Empty New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild!

Post by JessicaMD Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi!

My boyfriend got me to start playing this game a few days ago, and I just reached level 20, and I've been loving it! He's pretty knowledgeable and experienced about the game, but he says he doesn't know too much about psycho monsters and strategies, and this forum really helped him out when he was brand new impulse guild player!

He gave me a whole bunch of monsters when I started playing, and so far they've been great for winning battles! (and they're adorable Smile )

My current team of monsters is:
Leader: Snowstorm Dragon A+ level 9, Psycho Down 1
Evilmoth A+ level 10, Health Up 1
White Winged Elite A+ level 7, Agility Up 3
Tiamut A+ level 8, Decrease Enemy Defense 3
Fafnir A+ level 9, Critical Rate Up 5

With Psycho, Rarity, and Winged combos!

I also have a White Winged Oracle A+ level 4, Increase Party Defense 3 which I am not currently using.

I've been told that winged psycho brutes are a good combo, and it seems like I'm just three monsters away from that since White Winged Elite and Oracle are both brutes. However, I actually really like the dragons I have in my formation currently, and am wondering if psycho winged dragons would be a good combo!

So, I guess my question is; what should a new psycho guild player work towards? winged psycho brutes? or winged psycho dragons? I already do have 3 winged dragons, and I have 2 winged brutes.

I'm a little Sad that Evilmoth is considered a demon, I really like how she looks! so it's unfortunate she doesn't really fit either of those two combos...

In either case, which psycho winged brutes or dragons should I start looking for next? My boyfriend said that White Winged Pirate, White Wings of Hope, Clarissa, and Silver Goddess Queen, and Valkyrie were some good winged psycho brutes, but he didn't really know how much they were worth except for clarissa which he said was about 8 or 9 energy potions. He also said he didn't know anything about psycho dragons, and that the three he gave me were the only winged ones he was aware of!

Can any experienced psycho guild players help me out?

Thanks!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild! Empty Re: New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild!

Post by kyan Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

you should look in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for monster info and see what's available for tyranny. There is also a party calculator there so you can play around with various combinations and see how they will turn out when max leveled.

As for your specific questions. There aren't enough winged psycho wyrms to make a full team. The only other one that I know of is crystal dragon. Psycho wyrm also suffers from lack of an agility monster and subbing in lindwurm will lose the guild bonus but maybe worthwhile. Use the calculator to see how much of a trade off.

Going towards winged brute is a good suggestion. That's the cookie cutter formation for tyranny. The list he gave you are the ones to shoot for but valkyrie and WWoH are expensive. Valk+ goes for over 40 now and I think WWoH is similar or slightly less. WWSP is about 10-15 for an A WWSP has the same skill as oracle so I wouldn't shoot for that right away as you already have WWO. SGQ is maybe 3-7 for an A, despite being a raid lord her price is fairly high as winged brutes are so popular.

Good luck,
Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild! Empty Re: New Player needs team-building advice for Psycho guild!

Post by JessicaMD Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm

"There aren't enough winged psycho wyrms to make a full team."
oh no! That's unfortunate... But thanks for the info! I was going to try trade for a crystal dragon with someone, but I guess I won't do that now.

The bestiary is really helpful though, thanks!

So, it looks like I need 3 more winged brutes...

It looks like Silvery Goddess Queen might be the one to start looking for first.

I also saw something else in the bestiary called "Lord of Oppression", and although he LOOKS like a demon, it seems to say he's a brute! I guess since he's a raid boss too he might be affordable as well.

And, maybe I should consider a White Wings of Hope or Valkyrie as a long term goal as a capstone for my team Smile

Thank you very much Kyan!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Akyri Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Take a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you want some insight about psycho demon team and variations, which is pretty popular for Tyranny guild as well.
Akyri
Akyri

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks Akyri, that was really interesting! although lacking experience and therefore a common frame of reference; I don't really know what to make of those numbers Embarassed

Victoria sounds really good though!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 am

Lord of oppression is a winged brute. He is consider low end and has conflicting skill so most people use him as a stop gap measure until they get one of the stronger ones.

victoria is good for her skill. Arctic tempest can one shot even maxed AA+ but she is so popular and rare that she cost more than many AA.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks for all the help!

Since I last posted, I've gotten a Divinity Bow Clarissa+ level 70! So now I'm only two more winged brutes away from the full combo!

I guess it's time to start leveling up my White Winged Oracle Smile

However; it looks like both my Clarissa and Snowstorm Dragon use the skill Psycho Down; would that make my team particularly effective against psycho teams? or would battles only take into account the higher of the two skills? (Snowstorm in that case since he has Psycho Down 2, and Clarissa has Psycho Down 1)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by sepiroth Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

The skills do not combine, so the game will take just the highest level (your Psycho down 2). Congrats on getting the DBC!
sepiroth
sepiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

"Congrats on getting the DBC!"

Thanks! Although I didn't really do much to get it, my boyfriend got me that after I found out here that I couldn't do a Psycho Winged Dragon team! He also gave me a bunch of nice monsters to kick-start my store and help me start trading towards the brutes I need! Razz

"The skills do not combine, so the game will take just the highest level (your Psycho down 2)."

Hmm... I suspected as much. So I guess my next move would be to replace my snowstorm dragon with my white wings oracle so that my team looks like...

Divinity Bow Clarissa✚(Level 70, Psycho Down 1)
Evilmoth✚(Level 17, Health Up 3)
White Winged Oracle✚(Level 5, Increase Party Defense 3)
Fafnir✚(Level 12, Critical Rate Up 5)
White Winged Elite✚(Level 14, Agility Up 3)

And then I need to start leveling up my Oracle!

Which monster should I be replacing next? I like Evilmoth a lot, and she seems to be pretty powerful, but I suppose I'll have to replace her eventually, and Fafnir dishes out pretty great damage, and I think the "Critical Rate Up 5" is pretty valuable for my team! I guess I'll have to replace both of them eventually, but which do you guys think should be switched first?

Once again, THANK YOU for all the great advice!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:05 pm

sepiroth wrote:The skills do not combine, so the game will take just the highest level (your Psycho down 2). Congrats on getting the DBC!

That's not quite right. It takes whoever you put first in your formation going from top to bottom. For example, if you put the pyscho down (1) as your leader it will use that instead of psycho down (2).

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by sepiroth Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm

kyan wrote:
sepiroth wrote:The skills do not combine, so the game will take just the highest level (your Psycho down 2). Congrats on getting the DBC!

That's not quite right. It takes whoever you put first in your formation going from top to bottom. For example, if you put the pyscho down (1) as your leader it will use that instead of psycho down (2).

Kyan
I did not realize position mattered like that. Thanks for pointing it out!
sepiroth
sepiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

actually, the critical up skill isn't quite that valuable, unless it's maxed. i've faced many teams with critical skills and demolished them before they can ever use that critical skill, not that the fight last long enough for them to have a chance to attack, let alone crit. personally, i'd get rid of fafnir and get a sgq in there asap. also, getting a wwsp and a skill change spirit( lower defense is good, or a lower attack) is a pretty good idea. personally, i'd go for a demon team, even if not winged, as demons are capable of dealing some pretty insane damage, even w/o crit. for tyranny, my ideal team would be:

Blood Quencher Sekhmet(+atk)
Dawn Lilin/Lethargic Belphegor(-def)
Typhon the Sea Roarer(impulse down)
Lewd Twist Lologi/Shadow Domain Demon(preemptive strike)
Death Call Covenant(agi)

that would be my choice, although as needed i might replace typhon with Hatred Pledge Victoria, if i can afford her. yes this team is not cheap, but it IS one of the few teams that really worry me as a sin player, apart from anything with more than 3 maxed AAs or agi 20 teams, lol.

my own team consists of

Spite Devil Mage+ Max skill 9
Devil of Endless Night+ Max skill 6
Hellfield Devil Asura+ Max skill 20
Child of Pit+ lvl 64 skill 10
Sear Djinn+ Max skill 7

that is -atk 9, -def 6, +atk 20, agi 10, and preemptive 7

they're all of them sin demons, lol.

for myself, the only thing i don't like about psycho winged brutes is the lack of a -atk or -def monster, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Akyri Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 am

Armitaage wrote:
Blood Quencher Sekhmet(+atk)
Dawn Lilin/Lethargic Belphegor(-def)
Typhon the Sea Roarer(impulse down)
Lewd Twist Lologi/Shadow Domain Demon(preemptive strike)
Death Call Covenant(agi)

Actually, I don't think this team is too expensive to make. Sekhmet+ is like 8-10 EPs. Lethargic+ over Lilin+ because of significantly higher attack, and with the event going Lethargic+ is like <8 EPs for sure. Typhon is really not necessary because of its rather low attack. Having two preemptive strikes monsters actually helps a lot against other teams with agi 20 as well as some AA teams. Most expensive part of the team probably comes from these two preemp monsters Lewd+ and SDD+ will probably amount up to 50 EPs. DCC+ is like 20-24 EPs. So the entire team (given they're all + version) would amount up to 90 EPs. Compare this to your run-of-the-mill Psycho Winged Brute teams which probably amounts up to 70 EPs or more (due to the fact WWOH+ can be quite expensive).

But if you were to replace a preemp strike monster in the Psycho Demon team with Victoria+ then yea, it is definitely the most expensive A+ teams to put together.
Akyri
Akyri

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Wow! Thanks for all the great in-depth information! I think I understand a lot more of it now!

I've reached level 24, and my team at the moment is
Divinity Bow Clarissa+ Level 70, Psycho Down 3
White Winged Elite+ Level 20, Agility Up 3
White Winged Oracle+ Level 16, Increase Party Defense 4
Evilmoth+ Level 17, Health Up 4
Fafnir+ Level 13, Critical Rate Up 6

I also have a Silvery Goddess Queen now, but I'm waiting to get another one so I can evolve her before adding her the formation! (replacing fafnir, as per Armitaage's advice, on another note; THANK YOU for the awesome advice about the whole maxed raid boss battling strategy!) She ended up costing me 4ep, which leaves me with just 1ep because I traded a Kali of Massacre for 4 ep, and bought an energy potion for 100,000gold.

That demon team sounds really powerful! But also way too expensive for a beginner like me Sad since I figure that I'm only three A monsters away from a winged brute combo, and EIGHT away from a demon team (because I could use Evilmoth+ as a member once I have four other A+ demons until I can afford to get one of the 'standard' members),

I think the remaining winged brutes I could add to my team are as follows; Lord of Oppression, Midnight Valkyrie, White Wings of Hope, and White Wing Sky Pirate.

But it looks like White Wing Sky Pirate and Lord of Oppression both have the skill "Increase Party Defense" which would conflict with my White Wing Oracle! so that's not really good....

That leaves me with Midnight Valkyrie and White Wings of Hope which kyan said are both really expensive! (Valkyrie being 40+ energy potions WOW!)

Could someone please tell me how much White Wings of Hope costs?

My boyfriend suggested to me yesterday that I could use a Sturdy White Wing event monster as a stop-gap measure until I get a final member because they're pretty cheap (like 10-12 potions for an A+, AND he said the price was probably going to drop to like less than half of that by the end of the week) but it wouldn't work for a serious formation since it has no skill! Is this a good idea? I guess It seems like a MUCH more obtainable goal at the moment. I also think my formation is pretty 'above-average' for a level 20ish player, do you guys know at what level having a winged brute formation with a weak link like Sturdy White Wings or a superfluous skill monster like Lord of Oppression or White Wing Sky Pirate would become a serious liability?

Thanks again for all the great info!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Akyri Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:40 pm

White Wings of Hope can cost as much as a Midnight Valkyrie+ or perhaps even a bit more (as stated per my previous post on why a Winged Psycho Brute team can be as expensive as a Psycho Demon team).

About using the event progression monster Sturdy White Wings: Yes, I think it would work for now, but honestly you can just replace it with Sky Pirate (18-20 EPs for + version) and use a skill changing spirit like lower attack spirit (15-20 EPs) which will change its skill to decrease enemy attack. In total would probably cost 35 EPs if you get a good deal.

Honestly speaking, your team will be fine as long as you have your agility up high. You probably won't have much trouble beating most people until you get to level 60 when people around your level start to have AA monsters. I believe the Psycho Winged Brute team has a tough time against AA teams due to its low BP monsters (which means low stats, which means low attack), as well as lack of preemptive strike monsters since agility doesn't help you much against AA monsters.
Akyri
Akyri

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 pm

SDD+ is also really expensive. Its 50+ for an A+ so typhoon is a much cheaper option if you go demon or run both lilin+ and lethargic+. Who cares if their skill overlap. they both have good stats.

preemptive doesn't help you if your agility is already high. You're going to go first anyway unless you run into someone else using multiple preemptive strike which isn't very likely.

You need an agility of 10+ to be faster than a AA+ without an agility monster in formation. The winged brute team can beat AA/AA+ team depending on their formation and stat. If they have decrease attack and pyscho down or mid-high agility than no. Otherwise it stands a good chance.

The demon team has higher attack about 2k more but not than much more. Either formation works well. I like the demon team as its a little different than the standard psycho team and waiting for kotone to be affordable and sub her and taroth in whereas the winged brute AA of galatea and crimson will remain expensive due to being event limited.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks Akyri! I think I'll start saving up for the pirate pirat In the mean-time, as soon as I get a second silver goddess queen, I have a Level 42 Scorn Black Wings+ With Decrease Enemy Attack(6) that I think I'll use as a substitute winged brute until I can get the final psycho one!

I'm just having some trouble getting energy potions since it seems like nobody wants to trade any (even 1 energy potion) for a lot of my monsters like raid lords and a bunch of dragons (like ladon, tiamut, fafnir). Are people only willing to trade energy potions for I guess "rarer" monster like kali of massacre and dust colossus? Would I be better off just selling most of my difficult to trade A monsters to the store for gold or sacrificing them to the monsters I DO use?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Try selling skills, most players are always buying +/- atk/def, so it is a good way to get the eps you need. One thing I never do, however, is selling As for gold to the store.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 pm

I really hate to sell off my A monsters to the shop, but I feel like I'm starting to run out of space to even collect the skill monsters! (I've already been told how to 'stack' them up to three to store them easily before selling)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Lol, I had similar problems before, but then I used some ep (after my formation was looking "good enough") to buy up some monster limit plus items. Now I am running pretty full again, but it's not as hard freeing up a little room, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

There's a monster limit in the bingo, if you haven't gotten one yet. I had capacity issues, but it's starting to slow down.

Try the infinite giftbox bank. In theory, you should be able to put 30+ monsters in it forever, so long as they're fairly low value.

Basically,
1. Find something to bid for.
2. Hopefully, you'll be rejected. Try not to make an oversized bid that loses you My teacher said good "job", If you don't get rejected, then hopefully your bidding earned you some value, in which case you're happy.
3. After being rejected, press the receive offer item button, but do not collect from giftbox
4. Let stuff stew in giftbox for 3 days, making sure it doesn't expire. In the meantime, stuff more monsters into the giftbox
5. Before they expire, collect them all and toss them back into the market.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm

blah wrote:There's a monster limit in the bingo, if you haven't gotten one yet. I had capacity issues, but it's starting to slow down.

Try the infinite giftbox bank. In theory, you should be able to put 30+ monsters in it forever, so long as they're fairly low value.

Basically,
1. Find something to bid for.
2. Hopefully, you'll be rejected. Try not to make an oversized bid that loses you My teacher said good "job", If you don't get rejected, then hopefully your bidding earned you some value, in which case you're happy.
3. After being rejected, press the receive offer item button, but do not collect from giftbox
4. Let stuff stew in giftbox for 3 days, making sure it doesn't expire. In the meantime, stuff more monsters into the giftbox
5. Before they expire, collect them all and toss them back into the market.

That works as a stop gap measure but after you get 10-20 pages of gifts. Its hard to keep track and its just annoying to have to keep cycling takes too much time and invariably some stuff expires from being in there too long. With this event giving out so many summons, its a bit of a problem even when stacking skills to lv4. The only A so far I have sold to the store is the epic Blood blod and lord of void.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:04 pm

The other thing you could do is find a newb in your clan who wants A rank monsters and dump 15 of them on him. That'll help a little Smile. Maybe they'll even gift you something valuable afterwards...

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm

lol, blah, you're an evil SOB, you know that?
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Waste not, want not...

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next