Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another new player advice

+2
TheFury
Kayzar
6 posters

Go down

Yet another new player advice Empty Yet another new player advice

Post by Kayzar Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 am

I'm only three days into this game, on my Android if that helps at all, so my grasp of this game is fairly rough. I would like to build a good Rancor team
and go from there but not exactly sure what i should aim for in trades. My current line up is as follows;

Naga (A+)
Uncouth Child
Jade Rhinoceros Beetle (A+)
Grieving Mandrake
Raging Vritra

So it is kind of a shotgun of creatures i know but any advice on a direction would be helpful. Also any link that gives
me an idea of how much i should be charging in the auction house or a ball park idea would be extremely helpful as well.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Kayzar on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kayzar

Back to top Go down

Yet another new player advice Empty Re: Yet another new player advice

Post by TheFury Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 am

First off, you'll want to keep your eye out for a good Agility+ monster. For you, this will probably be a Lindwurm + (a wyrm). Generally, this means that the "typical" Rancor team is 5 wyrms. You already have a Raging Vritra, which is one of the more difficult wyrms to get, so that is good.

But don't feel obligated to sticking to that, at least while starting out. Just keep an eye out for that Agility skill. And honestly, even a Sin or Tyranny Agility team will beat most non-agility teams out there (and it's looking like the Tyranny team is the cheapest, both in BP and value cost). You'll miss out on the Rancor bonus, but it's not quite so awful as some people make it out to be.

Another fair Rancor team is the beasts. You'll need Bayard for that team. The only other serious option is an all Pre-Emptive attack team. You'll have to delve outside Rancor to make it, and I'm not 100% sure it can beat a full agility team - but it's cheaper to trade for.

OK - so that's the long term plan. Find monsters in whatever team or teams you are interested in, and hold onto them as you do. If you find monsters in teams you don't want to make, but others might want (like a Sin demon team, or a Tyranny brute team), hold onto those and trade them. Things may very well change before you get that far, but the take-home message is that agility-up is crazy important.

Before that, you should probably work on getting any team together at all. Ideally with one or two monsters in your ideal team, but you may not be able to do that yet.

As a rule of thumb, monsters with higher BP costs are better. At least, they have higher overall states. Once you get agility, you'll mostly care about Attack, but until then all stats are all pretty good. If you get a monster with 19 or more BP cost, there are good chances it's worth a bit in a trade (that depends though, there are exceptions). These high-value monsters are what people call "elites". Most As you'll get are totally worthless - less than 1 EP (energy potion). If they have a skill, they can at least be used to level up skills on better monsters, so that will give them some small value. Most elites start at 5-10 EP, and can run up into a few dozen EP (a very few are higher). Weak monsters that fit well into teams (like White Winged Elite or White Winged Oracle or Child of Pit, or Sky Dragon, etc.) can be worth 1 EP or more. But they tend to be common enough to be pretty cheap.

You should look here before making any trades: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look for the maxed stat tab. That will tell you the stats of any monster you might come across. If you find one with 17000 max stats, it's probably worth holding onto and asking around for a price on before trading. You can do that here, or in the game chat window in the 'home' page for this forum. Only your Vritra beats this mark (has over 18000 stats, it's very nice, and worth a nice chunk of EP), but that's only if you evolve it. There are other factors besides skill and stat distribution, but don't worry much about those right now.

Here is an example of a game plan for you:

Get some cheap Rancor wyrms. For example, Sky Dragon. Evolve it. Max it out. Dragonlord of Hellfire and Hydra are two other cheapish wyrms.

Once you max out one (or all 3) of these, you can start focusing on tracking down one of the more rare Rancor wyrms. Eventually you may choose to replace the 3 weak wyrms with stronger ones, but finishing your team usually takes quite a long while and it will be nice to have some maxed out wyrms along the way while you do so - even if they are weaker.

Also save up skill-Bs. They can be sold for a price I personally found surprising. Attack/Defense Up/Down can be sold for anywhere from 1-3 EP per 5 skill Bs, depending on the economy. Agility-Up Bs can be sold for as much as 1 EP for every B. This means skill Bs (at least those 5) are worth more than a fair number of As. So 5 attack-up Bs is worth about as much as a Sky Dragon, and maybe a Sky Dragon +.

Save up EP and BP. Either for later trades for more rare monsters, or for late game events. Unless you put $$$ into the game, in which case do whatever you want.

Put stat points into Energy. I like at least a little balance (I keep enough BP to attack 2 other players in a row), but I only did that after I could save up 8 hours of EP without wasting any. Keeping your ally list maxed out will help a lot early on.

Know what the progression monsters are at any given time. These are new monsters that are released that give bonuses to playing the current event. They can be worth A TON. At least while the event is going on. At a low level, I would say to always sell them for EP if you are lucky enough to get one. This forum and the auction house are you two best bets for doing that. It's unlikely you'll get one through pure luck any time soon, but if you do, don't get ripped off. After the event is over, the value for these monsters drops a whole lot.

Along the same lines, most monsters change in value over time. You won't find a value list anywhere, which makes trading tough, but that's part of the game.

If you want to come up with a custom team besides the normal ones, look at the dsbestiary link I gave above and check out the combo tab. It'll tell you what bonuses you get for matching up the right monsters. These can be very significant when stacked. Just try to avoid repeating skills as best you can when thinking up of a team of 5. They are expensive to change.

That's probably more than you asked for. And a good portion of it is personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. But hopefully it gives you a place to start and a direction to go in.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by iRobin Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am

What else do have-
I have a lindwurm, which you'll need for a wyrm team.
Also if you're looking to + your mandrake, I have one
iRobin
iRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarlettReign Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 pm

I am also a new player, 2 days in, and rancor guild. This is a lot of useful information so thank you for giving more than he asked for! lol

ScarlettReign
Rancor lvl 31

ScarlettReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayzar Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm

thank you very much TheFury for your advice. i see a lot of wyrm covert team mentioned, they the best team for coverts or just a good starting ground to get your feet wet in this game?

Kayzar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayzar Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 pm

iRobin wrote:What else do have-
I have a lindwurm, which you'll need for a wyrm team.
Also if you're looking to + your mandrake, I have one

Greens: Naga
Reds: Ladon, Sear Djinn, Crimson Guardian, Jiangshe Fighter, Forsaken Birth Fiend
Purples: White Winged Oracle, Tiamut, Slaughter Bee Queen (x2)

Kayzar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alteena Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks, TheFury. Even as a Sin player, I found your guide informative and helpful. I think I'm going to roll Rancor on my iPod, the monsters in general seem cheaper.

Do you, or does anyone else have some similar information to share for Sin monsters and formations? Like a decent starter formation, and some more "ideal" formations as well? Any information is appreciated, I'm still learning as I read through these posts on here.

Alteena

Back to top Go down

Post by Shar Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

Hi i just started the game. Already Lvl 20. Where do you get cards will skills on them in order to lvl up a card you want to lvl? Are they on the higher missions or do you summon them? Another question can a card with NO skill get one? For example, I have an A rank card with a skill at low lvl just got. Can i sacrifice it to another A rank high lvl card with no skill to transfer that skill to it or does it only work if it already had that skill. thnx
Shar
Shar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayzar Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 pm

To level up a skill you need to sac another creature with the same skill to level it up. Its not 100% either so don't get too upset when the skill doesn't level. up. As for giving a creature a skill or replacing the one they have you need to sac a spirit. They are all really expensive to get and rare so i wouldn't worry about it at all.

Kayzar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry I missed the replies here, I forgot I even posted in this thread (it was late at night haha).

The covert wyrm team is the "best" team for covert. That is because of the extreme importance of agility up skills. Both agility up monsters for covert are winged wyrms, so there you go.

You might be able to build a stronger monster formation, but it will be:

1) hideously expensive

2) hideously high BP, meaning it's only good for defending really. Which, I admit, will be useful if A-Team ever removes our ability to bank. But at the moment, defending well is almost useless (sometimes someone with a lot of money will attack you and lose, which clues you in on who to attack back for profit - but if you have a 140 BP AA team, almost no one will attack you to begin with).

For sin, the common agility team is demons. There are a lot of sin demons to pick from, so it's not too expensive to start out but can be expensive if you want the best 5. The new agility monster for sin is beast, and there are 5 pretty good sin beasts - but a couple are very expensive and rare (and the best one is only getting more rare, since is was an event monster with only 102 ever released, I believe).

A good starter for sin would be:

Child of Pit + (max this monster's level, since it will stay with you forever most likely).
Beelzebub+ (not very expensive, and a fine skill)
Devil of the Abyss+ (pretty cheap, good skill, and just over 6000 attack)

Devil of Endless Night+ (this is the next tier up in cost, but if you save up EP and sell stuff you don't need, you should be able to afford it before too long. I think they go for 8-15 EP, but don't quote me on that. There are a good number of them out there. It will be a very useful monster for your team, since it has very nice attack and is winged, meaning it has good potential to stick around as new monsters are released. Not a bad skill either).

For the 5th, there are a handful of cheap demons which you can go for if you don't have much to trade - or, a couple medium-cost demons (Deep Dark Demon+, Kali of Massacre+). If you get lucky with summons and have some nice monsters/EP to trade, you can go for one of the other top tier demons for sin (Balrog+, Paimon+, Hellfiend Devil Asura+).

The agility teams are, if they get some leveled skills, perfectly usable even very late in the game (player levels well over 100). Basically, they are always good, at least until A-Team releases more agility-up monsters or finds some other way to balance the skills.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down