Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy?

+4
larry378
General Osf
RawrIwin
Guvire
8 posters

Go down

Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy? Empty Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy?

Post by Guvire Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:03 am

The last event, if you went for the top 200, seemed to give out skill monsters like candy. This new event is even worse. I have not spent any EP or BP for the event, and I have been able to skill up almost every one of the A+ monsters in my "holding tank" to 10+ ... I wonder if this is an intentional move by A-Team to destroy the trade economy so that the majority of people will now have to pay for their EP/BP.

Anyone else feeling this?

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy? Empty Re: Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy?

Post by RawrIwin Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 am

i think so too from the last event and this event monsters are now a dime a dozen from last event and this event because u either get a Skill or an A monster 90% of the time some monsters have become quite useless and now A's are more of a sacrifice piece instead of a trade piece

RawrIwin

Back to top Go down

Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy? Empty Re: Did A-Team purposely destroy the trade economy?

Post by RawrIwin Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:09 am

Also the Dual summon thing for last week killed most the AA economy lol since alot of ppl were able to pick up some easily from spending My teacher said good "job" on a free game smart thinking though for a free app

RawrIwin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 am

I can honestly say that some monsters prices are dropping like flies, is like a 180 degree turn, a lot of Health and agility skilled monsters come out of this event. They are also milking BP from players in this event, for those who had saved EP but not BP... Smart move by A-Team.

I agree that this is shocking the market, at least the skill and middle range A monster market.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 am

I also don't like too many A monsters of 30 BP because it lessens the value of AA monsters. I guess is a matter of taste.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 pm

I don't think this is "destroying the economy" at all!

I am a relatively low level player <40, I don't have any uber-mons (AAs, balrogs, things like mad flame/victoria,) I'm not even running a maximized combo (got impulse, rarity, winged, no TYPE, no level). I've been making profit the past two days. Over 17ep yesterday alone; mostly void summons (not "incredible" things mind you; look at the 'sold' items in my shop, NOTHING there is worth more than 4ep).

The reason people are having trouble selling their goods is because the supply is WAY up, and demand will not abide by low-supply prices (which alot of people are still using as their asking price). If you're sitting on say... "30ep worth of monsters"; that doesn't mean a damn thing unless you find a buyer for them willing to pay 30ep. There ARE mons that will always maintain a high level of liquidity at full value (i.e. winged impulse demons, things like DCC, victoria, mad flame, donner, etc...) because of how sought-after they are. But the idea that people are going to pay full price i.e. the classic 2:5 for skills. during this event , or the 0.5-1 for "common" yet frequently used As like pit, cbw, ladon, naga, gigas, jade rhinos, etc... is simply ineffective.

If you want to make sales; lower your prices. I made 6ep purely on skills yesterday; 26 skills to multiple buyers. Now you may say... 26 skills! You fool! you should have held onto that, at normal rates, you could have gotten 10ep! Unfortunately the operative word here is "could", I "did" get 6, and I freed up a large amount of inventory space; which I am already restocking with skills; which in my eyes is not only a profit, but an important action in MAINTAINING profitability. (if you've got a bunch of valuable mons from the event that you're holding onto until the event ends to sell at full price; you are hurting your own fiscal (ep-iscal?) viability; those slots you are using could have mons passing through them).

Basically; if you want to maintain (or even INCREASE) your profit margin during this event, and events such as this, you need to adjust your business to the current economic climate. Without liquidity, those high-value monsters you're holding are a liability, not an asset.

Lets say Dark Summoner Bob and Dark Summoner Charlie each have 10 monster slots (yes this number is unrealistically small, but scale it up), Bob was somewhat lucky with his summons and got 10 WWEs, which he is trying to sell at 1ep each (which is a perfectly acceptable price), Charlie wasn't, and he got 10 Bs with skills. So he sacs them into "stacks" of skills and he ends up with 5 skills level(2) mons, which he offers to sell for 2ep, and starts collecting skill mons again in his remaining slots. In absolute terms Bob's assets are worth 5 times that of Charlie's (10*1ep) vs (2ep), but who would YOU buy from during this event? The guy selling WWEs at 1ep each? or the guy selling stacks of 10 skills for 2ep? Charlie is in all likelihood going to move more than 10ep worth of skills before Bob manages to get rid of even half of his inventory.

TLDR: consider the current economic state before stating your asking price. liquidity is king, pricing your wares competitively gives you liquidity.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Great point Larry378, i've seen your shop and it has a great sales system.

Plus you get extra points for creating the term "Ep-iscal" Wink
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Ny times bestseller: parents' guide to teaching your teen ep-iscal responsibility

Next week on cspan; ATeam ep-iscal policy summit
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Fantastic point, but if you have the room to spare, keeping monsters for later might be the better option. Prices *MAY* eventually even out, but they also might not. It's a gamble for sure, but you can make a lot on investments with a little bit of patience too!

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm

It takes almost 100 skills to level to 20. Skills will always be in demand. Dump ur bad A's for dirt cheap but make stacks out of the skills up to 3 or 4 and sell for huge profits in a month. Patience is the key to this game.
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by DHGxxCriminal Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 am

ya larry has apoint and o hey i freed up ally room lol but ya if you want ep lower the price people ask for to much these days insane saw one guy wanting 1100 ep for a maxed crim dragonoid + who would really buy that lol
DHGxxCriminal
DHGxxCriminal

Back to top Go down

Post by dr4ko Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 pm

More time playing = more events played = more good monsters earned

If you wanna make a good amount of ep don't be greedy and sell monster at just price!!
dr4ko
dr4ko

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm

dr4ko wrote:More time playing = more events played = more good monsters earned

If you wanna make a good amount of ep don't be greedy and sell monster at just price!!

Wise words my friend, i'm tired of seeing ridiculous prices at auctions. I mean, is one think trying to make a profit, but some guys just want to smack your face with the kind of prices they ask.

The most common case: People asking A LOT for progression monsters during events. Seriously, 80, 90 100 EP!!!
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 pm

some of my personal favorite auction house entries

Level 1 Gigas SL(1)
text: COME ON GUYS THIS IS THE RAREST MONSTER IN THE WHOLE GAME

Level 1 Night Emperor Vecator SL(1)
text: starting at 2000ep

Unruly Cell, 2x Beelzbub, Scorn BW, Demon Bait insect (all lvl 1 SL(1))
text: for gold or dcc+ maxed, all other will be declined

Pure Light Embodiment lvl 5, Nidhogg lvl 9, Fafnir lvl 1, Great Horned Warrior lvl 1 (all SL(1)
text: eps or rank A+/AA please offer

Seriously, the next time you're feeling down, hit up the DS auction house, it's a guaranteed laugh
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:13 pm

larry378 wrote:some of my personal favorite auction house entries

Level 1 Gigas SL(1)
text: COME ON GUYS THIS IS THE RAREST MONSTER IN THE WHOLE GAME

Level 1 Night Emperor Vecator SL(1)
text: starting at 2000ep

Unruly Cell, 2x Beelzbub, Scorn BW, Demon Bait insect (all lvl 1 SL(1))
text: for gold or dcc+ maxed, all other will be declined

Pure Light Embodiment lvl 5, Nidhogg lvl 9, Fafnir lvl 1, Great Horned Warrior lvl 1 (all SL(1)
text: eps or rank A+/AA please offer

Seriously, the next time you're feeling down, hit up the DS auction house, it's a guaranteed laugh

lol! I had a couple laughs reading your comment. Sometimes i feel like offering a couple of "C" monsters in their auctions just to see if they can get the "sarcasm".
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 pm

General Osf wrote: offering a couple of "C" monsters in their auctions just to see if they can get the "sarcasm".

haha been there, done that, and I can say it is exactly as satisfying and hilarious as it looks on paper
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Who says that the auction house is worthless? You might not get good deals, but you sure can get some good laughs. jocolor
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down