Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player getting some footing

+4
AsenyDemon
Casus
Mortium
AnthonyGDI
8 posters

Go down

New player getting some footing Empty New player getting some footing

Post by AnthonyGDI Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 am

So I just had my android phone stolen and I didn't take down my # for my last account... I didn't start it right anyways, wasted all of the EP's they gave me before I even had 200 energy so this time I'm going to start it off right... hopefully.

I am in the Sin (faction?), so I should be trying to get some red monsters right? I only have B+'s and an A, none of them are red. So I should focus on getting red monsters right? the following questions will help me to accomplish this...

I read that we shouldn't really level up monsters that we are not going to use... so I should wait until I have an A+ team? or maybe once I get all reds I should level them equally so I get the same level bonus right? What should I do with this plethora of Cs and C+'s that don't have skills? Just sell them for Gold? I was just sacrificing them on my other account.

Is there a place I can see how many EP's a monster is worth so I can check there and slowly make EP's? Thats what I plan on doing with my monsters that have skills and aren't red until I have a decent red team (same species and what not). Is this a good idea?

Thank you fellow summoners.. this is only my second post! =] I have been reading a lot of noob starting questions but no one was asking these questions as specifically as I wanted them answered.

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

New player getting some footing Empty Re: New player getting some footing

Post by Mortium Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 am

1) Reroll as Rancor - too many Sin players and it can make it hard to find the cards you want. The cards are also higher in price usually.

2) All C/C+ and B's without skills can be used to sacrifice your monsters.

3) You won't have any regular EPs for a while, but myEPs are still valuable. Consider keeping them until you find that you have 50+ and use them in an event all after each other. Moreso if you have a progression monster for the event. It gives you a reasonable chance of getting some valuable monsters.

4) Not many people want A/A+ monsters below BP 16-19. This information is invaluable as you can look at the bestiary and try to work out a cheap way to implement a team. Even though you aren't Tyranny, the Winged Brute team is not too expensive to implement and powerful.

5) If you get Dark Summons, be careful what you do with the monsters. You can rarely get AA monsters or monsters in vogue. If you were fortunate enough to get a progression monster in the recent Clan event you could get up to 130EP for it right at the start of the event which is a massive heap of potions for you to use to create your dream team. Watch that you don't get a bum price for them.

6) Use all your skill-ups to go to Energy. I only use skillups to BP if I want a team and don't enough points for it.

7) Research your combos on the bestiary. Use the Party Calculator to get your dream team.

Cool Some of the older monsters are still powerful but cheap. The best thing is, people like to keep them for trading with newbies and you could quite easily get a max level team of lords for 5-10EP and have a team strong enough to defend yourself for quite a few levels.

9) If you get a lot of cash and people attack you, bid on an auction with all of your gold. Nobody takes gold unless its millions in trade usually so its a safe way of banking.

10) Skilling up monsters - this is a potential money earner and description of a reasonable way of levelling up special skills. At the moment, skillups like Covert/Psycho/Impulse Down and Agility Up are in demand. Try to sell them for 2EP per 3 if you can, though some will pay less and some will pay more. If you want to skillup your monster, you should use skill level 1 monsters until rank 3-4, then skill level 2 for rank 4, and after that I have been told that skill level 4 monsters provide the most optimal returns all the way through to Skill Level 20.

That is all.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Casus Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 am

Question: How do you reroll or change guilds as you were suggesting?

Casus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:52 am

Not sure, I think it might be technical...I think you can change something on Android but not too sure. Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling?
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Casus Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:58 am

Yes I did it a couple times to see if I could start over but it saved my information. Which is weird too because I hear about people losing their game and I am not sure how that is possible if it saves your information.

Casus

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:48 am

My phone was stolen, that's how I lost my account... unfortunaately google never tells me anything about Dark Summoner so I doubt it will know how to reroll guilds.

You meant 3 Skill monsters for 2 EP's right? Wasn't sure what 3 for 2 EPs meant exactly.

If anyone knows how to re'roll or redo or w/e please let us know.

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Casus Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 am

Yes, he meant 3 skill monsters for 2 EP for those particular skills. Might actually be more like 4:2 but something like that for the particular skills he mentioned. Also, if you get your hands on decrease enemy attack or defense you can usually sell those easily at a 5:2 (5 mobs to 2 EP) ratio.

Casus

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok... I think if I go this route I may learn a lot from the next reply. I'm going to list the monsters I have that have skills and I'd like it if you guys told me which ones I would sell for just the skills they poses, and which ones would be increased price because of their BP or rarity..

Vritra + (Psycho Down) BP 18 since this one has 18 BP I was wondering if I should only sell it for skill value or if the price bumps up
Naga (Slumbering Breath) BP 14 This is an A rarity monster so I'm wondering if that should make me think twice of just selling it for its skill
Kelpie (Slumbering Breath) BP 12 This is what my idea of a skill monster is... only worth its weight in skill Razz
Arachne + (Slumbering Breath) BP 14 This is a B+
Poison Spit Frog + (Venomous Breath) BP 10, low BP.. but how much is Venomous Breath worth?
Child of Pit (Agility Up) BP 13 Yay a Demon type red Agility monster! Probably gonna use this for my demon party or w/e
White Winged Elite (Agility Up) Also an A with Agility.. Is this worth just Agility, or extra value because it could be a good starter monster or something?
Vanessa of the Night + (Decrease Enemy Defense) Just sell this 5 mobs for 2 EP?
Ice Giant (Increase Party Defense) Also just worth 5 mobs for 2 EP?

Thats all the skill monsters I've collected so far. How much are these others skills? Different prices for different skills? I think I'd like to increase my monster capacity... so how much are those worth and junk?

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by AsenyDemon Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Vritra- this is skill only as the raging vritra is used in wyrm teams (Not positive here)
Naga- it's mostly skill, newbies like to use it in a starting formation however
Kelpie- skill only
Arachne- skill only (I've heard this is way so I'm not sure)
Poison spit- skill only
COP- This is used in teams as you said, so it has value and has agility
WWE- Used in psycho brute teams, so it has value there. It also has agility
Vanessa- skill only
Ice- skill only

I may not be the most qualified to tell these things so take everything with a grain a salt. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong somewhere. Agility is a lot more sought after than the others, and may go for 1 ep each rather than 3 for 2 ep. I can't tell you the worth of the monster increase sorry

AsenyDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Selej Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Let me know if you wanna sell the child of pit Very Happy

Selej

https://darksummoner.forumotion.com/t2370-a-a-for-trade-sale-at-s

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks that was helpful. And as of now CoP nfs.

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Shar Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Mortium wrote:

10) Skilling up monsters - this is a potential money earner and description of a reasonable way of levelling up special skills. At the moment, skillups like Covert/Psycho/Impulse Down and Agility Up are in demand. Try to sell them for 2EP per 3 if you can, though some will pay less and some will pay more. If you want to skillup your monster, you should use skill level 1 monsters until rank 3-4, then skill level 2 for rank 4, and after that I have been told that skill level 4 monsters provide the most optimal returns all the way through to Skill Level 20.

That is all.

This is what i'm trying to wrap my brain around. So if i got a high lvl card with just a 1 rank skill and want to lvl up. any other lvl card with that lvl 1 skill can lvl that card up to 2. <---do that up till lvl 3-4 as you said. after that do i have to take the random skill lvl 1 card, use other lvl 1 cards to get it up to lvl 3-4 just to put it on my original card i was trying to lvl?
Shar
Shar

Back to top Go down

Post by iRobin Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 pm

okay so let's say you have wwe.

to get levels up use Skilled B/+ cards

from skill level 1-5 on wwe, you want the skilled B to have only skill 1 when you sacrifice it

from 5-7 you want to make sure your card you're sacrificing has skill lv 2. This means you must sacrifice a skilled B with the same skill, to the skilled B you will be sacrificing for wwe. This will make the sacrificing card skill 2, which will give you a greater chance to get from 5-6 or 6-7.

You will repeat the process, but from 7-10, use skill lv 3 B, and from 10-20 use skill lv 4 B

Essentially you had the right idea, but it's better to do it this way. Make sure all the cards you use have the same skill
iRobin
iRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shar Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Gotcha... so basically you will need a ton of cards with that particular skill in order to do any leveling. that kinda sucks, but makes that the game that much more fair. if your willing to hold off on your cards and put forth the effort to lvl up you get the advantage.
Shar
Shar

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm

to reroll on android, you just need to make sure you clear the data before deleting or uninstalling. sometimes you may need to do this a few times before it actually deleted. Before you do that, find a friend to hand over all your monsters and anything else you can first. that way, you can get it back on your new accounts

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Volrath wrote:to reroll on android, you just need to make sure you clear the data before deleting or uninstalling. sometimes you may need to do this a few times before it actually deleted. Before you do that, find a friend to hand over all your monsters and anything else you can first. that way, you can get it back on your new accounts

Thanks that sounds like it would work.

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:10 pm

So I have been banking with the auction function.. .and I have been wanting to sell some of my monsters with skills for Eps so I can start being able to buy a demon set of A's or A+'s...

Why are there always 5 monsters when you go to buy something from the auction? Are you offering for all 5 items or is there a way to pick one of them?

When I sell monsters with skills should I group them up into monsters with the same skills or just sell 3 of the 3 mobs for 2 EP and not care if they have the same skills as long as the worth is the same?

Thanks

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyGDI Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 am

Bump

AnthonyGDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down