Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player :X

5 posters

Go down

New player :X Empty New player :X

Post by dreamex Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi all,

Just curious, what do people mean by Progression monsters and how do they work?

Also, what's the rough value of a Balrog? It seems to be quite popular, but I don't know what I should accept for it.

Is it best to just save energy and spam the event dungeons?

Thanks Smile

dreamex

Back to top Go down

New player :X Empty Re: New player :X

Post by ZeroxSummoner Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 pm

whats your player id we can talk in game

ZeroxSummoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taikobo Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Progression monsters, are event monsters which make you help get more progress.

For an example, in this Labyrinth event, you have Spout Dragon, and the evolved version Spore Dragon+. Think of it like this, without those progression monsters you do per tick, let's say 10 energy, and you gain 5% progress.

With a Spout Dragon, the progress is x2. Which means that it still costs 10 energy per tick, but you gain 10%. With the Spore Dragon+ you get x4, so still 10 energy, but 20% per tick. It just gets floors faster done, which is quite valuable for people aiming for the top rankings.

As for the Balrog, I'm not sure how much it as currently, but with events like this I suggest to just do your stuff, wait for your energy, beat the lords, and keep all the My Energy Potions and 100 energy pots for an other event once you have plenty.
Taikobo
Taikobo

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamex Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses!

Another question, I hear people talking about an Epic Dark Summon or other forms of summons, how does one acquire these? So far I only have options for an Ally Summon or a Dark Summon requiring soul points.

Are the missions more worth it then the event dungeon unless I can get really far for a ranking reward then?

dreamex

Back to top Go down

Post by rekt Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:44 pm

dreamex wrote:Thanks a lot for the responses!

Another question, I hear people talking about an Epic Dark Summon or other forms of summons, how does one acquire these? So far I only have options for an Ally Summon or a Dark Summon requiring soul points.

Are the missions more worth it then the event dungeon unless I can get really far for a ranking reward then?

Epic Dark Summons are given in events as a prize. Now they are given in "Death Flute" event by getting to floor 1,000 and also defeating the boss there.

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by rekt Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:46 pm

dreamex wrote:Hi all,

Just curious, what do people mean by Progression monsters and how do they work?

Also, what's the rough value of a Balrog? It seems to be quite popular, but I don't know what I should accept for it.

Is it best to just save energy and spam the event dungeons?

Thanks Smile

What are people offering for your balrog? Like I've been telling people, ask people in the chatbox for trade advise. There are lots of players that will lowball new players.

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by Taikobo Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Every event is still more worth to do them instead of the missions. The missions basically are just used in a few events, or in between events.

The events most of the time also give like for every 1 energy spend, 2 exp. And also the rewards you get from the events are pretty awesome ;3
Taikobo
Taikobo

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Taikobo wrote:Every event is still more worth to do them instead of the missions. The missions basically are just used in a few events, or in between events.

The events most of the time also give like for every 1 energy spend, 2 exp. And also the rewards you get from the events are pretty awesome ;3

While that is true, I'll recommend that for new player to sell their progression. You can do events just fine without the progression. It isn't that much of a help for new players. You can usually hit the 100 floor reward without it and you won't be able to compete for the top ranking rewards so better off to sell this one and save up for next events. The only advantage to doing missions is the energy potion reward but you can do that in between events as Taikobo said.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by rekt Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 pm

kyan wrote:
Taikobo wrote:Every event is still more worth to do them instead of the missions. The missions basically are just used in a few events, or in between events.

While that is true, I'll recommend that for new player to sell their progression. You can do events just fine without the progression. It isn't that much of a help for new players. You can usually hit the 100 floor reward without it and you won't be able to compete for the top ranking rewards so better off to sell this one and save up for next events. The only advantage to doing missions is the energy potion reward but you can do that in between events as Taikobo said.

Kyan

This is true up to a extent for Impulse/Sin & possibly Tyranny/Psycho guild but not Rancor/Covert guild. If you have a decent amounts of EPs after collecting a progression or progression+ then you're fine. As past events rankings have shown, rancor rankings are significantly easier to compete with. It's up to you to decide whether if you want to sell your progression or progression+ for energy potions.

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down