Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winged Brutes or Demons

2 posters

Go down

Winged Brutes or Demons  Empty Winged Brutes or Demons

Post by Sameldi Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:46 pm

So I'd like to get some opinions on my formation, currently I have the following:

Selene+ max
Blood+ max
Lewd+ max
Midnight+ max
Punisher+ max

As you can see 3/5 are Demons, but in my storage I have

Typhon+ maxed
Clarrisa+
WWE+
Slave+
WWO+
Lust(soon to be +ed)

I was wondering if I should just keep my current formation or switch to an all brute/demon team, which one would be better, and if the species combo is worth the adjustments. I also am planning to buy additional monsters if need be to fill in the gaps.
Sameldi
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Winged Brutes or Demons  Empty Re: Winged Brutes or Demons

Post by TheFury Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:14 am

Having a monster with Agility Up (WWE) is obscenely useful for fighting other players. You might be able to get a pretty good team with demons, but winged brutes will win plenty enough on their own.

The species combo and winged combo will more than make up for the weaker monsters in an all-brute-winged team (that's 30% attack right there, I believe). But far more important is the agility.

I spent a while building a WWOH-WWO-WWE-MV-SGQ winged brute combo. And I am absolutely floored with how overpowered it is. Not that I don't lose fights, but my skill levels are pretty low and I am still taking out 120+ BP AA teams with ease. Most fights with other players I win with all 5 monsters left. Unless I see another player with an agility-up monster in their formation, in which case I avoid them as much as possible, regardless of what their team is made up of. That's how important that skill is (to me at least).

Since the new Clarissa+ has a very nice attack with it, you can easily substitute it for WWOH and still have a very strong team. WWOH seems to be the hardest monster to get for people building a winged brute team, so you don't have to worry about that. You can just get the SGQ+ (worth 4-6 EP, I believe - pretty cheap - and you can half that if you beat the raid to summon her yourself).

But bottom line - go to where the agility is.

If you DO get a Death Call Covenant+, then a non-winged demon team may very well have higher attack than a winged brute team. I haven't done the math. But a DCC+ will be a lot harder to get than a SGQ+. Also, the Lewd skill won't mesh well with the Agility skill of DCC. On the other hand, you'll have more flexibility for changing your formation around in the future with a demon team (since they aren't dependent on being winged, and there are a lot of them - say, if you think you might be able to get a Victoria+).

One last bonus of the winged brute team is that it is pretty dirt cheap BP wise. Only 82, or 79 I think if you replace WWOH with Clarissa. I think that this last bonus puts the winged brutes above the demon team, even if you get a set of the 5 strongest demons. But in the end, it's your call. Regardless of which team you try to build, I might suggest holding on to the other and potentially trying to max it later as a second backup team.

TheFury

Back to top Go down