Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psy Wing Brutes or Psy Demons???

+2
ryesteve
Gav
6 posters

Go down

Psy Wing Brutes or Psy Demons??? Empty Psy Wing Brutes or Psy Demons???

Post by Gav Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

Easy enough question. Which one should I attempted to raise and sell for most profit?

Gav

Back to top Go down

Psy Wing Brutes or Psy Demons??? Empty Re: Psy Wing Brutes or Psy Demons???

Post by ryesteve Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Too vague. Depends which demons and which brutes you're talking about.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 pm

The obvious teams:

Brutes:
WWE
WSP
Valk
Clarissa
WWH/Silvery Goddess

Demons:
DCC
Lethargic/Dawn Lilan
Blood Quencher
SDD/Lewd
Typhon/Other demon with different skill

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Saying "WWH/Silvery Goddess" and "SDD/Lewd" doesn't help, because in each one of those pairs, one is worth 100+ and one is worth maybe 5. So your answer still depends on which ones you're talking about.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Basically I have the means to build both teams to max level and and skill and intend to then sell/trade for EP/AA. I wish to know what I'd likely get more for and that's the one I'd concentrate first on. Surely a ball-park figure can be given?

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Ok, let me try to explain it a different way. Since you're not saying which 5, if your brute team has WWH and your demon team has Lewd, then the brutes are worth more. If the brute team has SG and the demon team had SDD, then the demon team is worth more.

Otherwise, DCC and Valk are a wash, Clarissa and Sekh are a wash, and SP and Leth are a wash... so if you had Dawn instead of Leth, the demon team would be worth a bit more, otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Ok, thans for the info. But why is Dawn worth more than Leth? I get Dawn is rarer but Leth has same skill and better stats so why would you spend more on a rarer card when a stronger one is easier to get?

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Like you said, it's all about the rarity. Same reason Selene is worth 5x what Sekh is worth.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathias Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 pm

eventually leth will be rare, but at that point dawn will be even more lol
Cathias
Cathias

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 am

Easy enough answer: Psy demons.

Better stats, better skills, better everything.
Only thing that favors winged brutes is bp usage.

In my opinion psycho teams are, from best to worst: Demons > Creations > Brutes > Winged brutes
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 am

kheimon wrote:Easy enough answer: Psy demons.
Except you're answering a different question. No one asked which is better.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 pm

ryesteve wrote:
Except you're answering a different question. No one asked which is better.

Hmmmm, you're right, I read the question wrong. The answer is still Psycho demons in my opinion because if you want to sell the winged brute team for profit, you will need WWOH and Valk, and those two are very expensive on their own, whereas all members of the demon team are reasonably priced (if you take SDD and victoria out of course).

There's a bigger market for psycho demons too, because they are actually usefull whereas the winged brute team is more of a collectionner's thing.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Personally, I keep both teams fully stocked and collect all new arrivals. Brutes are better with BP usage for gold farming, especially since they are so scalable on the IPD skill (choose Oppression@14bp, Oracle @16bp or Pirate@21bp).

Demons are obviously more powerful though being loaded high on the BP and are much better at guarding your gold for that reason.

Personally I run the high rarity demon team:
Dawn -def
Selene +att
Domain *changed to -att
Typhon -impulse
Death Call +agi

But they are not the best stats out there. Leth for dawn and sekh for selene. those guys are way cheaper and better (its not the rarity btw, its the boobs. putting selene as your leader will sell your wl twice as fast).

Demons dream build would be:
Leth -def
Sekh +att
Domain * changed to -att
Blue Steel *changed to +def
Death Call +Agi

However, if you were going to go to all that trouble you might want to consider just going all out AA+, which brings back the argument about Brute scalability.

Tons of good AA psycho brutes out there. Tlon, Gala, Dragonoid and Braize all have wings too so if you can actually get your hands on them you may be one release away from the best team to date.

Not an easy call though. Ive been struggling with it the entire time i played this game. Actually, switched to a new account after my first month just to switch to tyranny.

GL on your decision though. Might be selling my demon team in auction this week to go the AA Brute route myself so depending on what you decide maybe hit me up. I'm around 275 in the overall.

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:46 pm

BigBad wrote:

Personally I run the high rarity demon team:
Dawn -def
Selene +att
Domain *changed to -att
Typhon -impulse
Death Call +agi

Demons dream build would be:
Leth -def
Sekh +att
Domain * changed to -att
Blue Steel *changed to +def
Death Call +Agi

....why the hell would you change SDD's skill to -att? normally preemptive strike is not great, sure, but SDD and Lewd are the two exceptions to the rule. preemptive strike is not wasted on those two monsters because they're strong enough to 1 hit just about any A+. offensively it might seem a bit redundant running prestrike on top of agi, but defensively you can seriously mess up any A+ team since prestrike always goes first, even if enemy has higher agi. this is not really worth it with impulse demons, as djinn and astaroth can't one hit anything, but it definitely is worth doing with psycho demons.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Well, death call is there so the other team doesnt have higher agi so its a moot point. I've heard the argument youre making before and it has substance, but not when your targeting AA's. This team is mainly my top 100 killer so that I can move up in the overall rankings and even SDD needs backup on some of those guys. The goal is to just take out more of them then they take out of you on the first wave and then you are good.

Passive skills are just better anyway. Unless you are going for an all pre strike demon team as an early player or something, I've thought that could be fun before. -dec(20) does a huge impact for all of your team, and all of these guys have high attack.

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 pm

it's only moot when you're attacking. given equal agi, attacker goes first. and i'm seeing quite a few top 100 overall players running AA+ AND agi. pre strike works wonders against those too. if you absolutely need -atk, i suggest putting it on blue steel, when you can get one. sorry, but if you were selling a psycho demon team with sdd skill changed to anything at all, i'll be offering you less, not more, than if you offered it with sdd original skill. there are a few monsters that i see frequently skill changed that it baffles me why anybody would bother to skill change them. top of the list is balrog, sdd, lilin, and leth. i get an offer of any of those monsters skill changed, i'm either offering you less or i'm not buying at all.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down