Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Visual Bestiary

+18
B$
XJF
DrBelmore
mofoho
xzjn9p
ophanus
Deathblob
Ologolos
TigerStrike
bbr
zzz1998
jusbao
SwtLaotiaNix7
faithnomorex
kheimon
larry378
Armitaage
Horg
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DS Visual Bestiary - Page 3 Empty Re: DS Visual Bestiary

Post by Horg Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am

there are reasons behind my madness...

A. There are 2 calcs for the ID because VLOOKUP needs the ID to be the left-most column to work properly. I needed to reference the ID based on the Name and vice verse, so therefore I needed 2 ID fields. Also, those calcs take no time at all and don't really contribute much to any slowness.

B. Most of the sheets that control this tool are hidden and you won't really be able to figure out how it works without full access to it. Any slowness you see will be due to Google's service or said hidden sheets being updated and referenced.

C. Don't be hatin; considering what it does, this tool is real damn quick and also extremely limited to how good it can be since it's a google spreadsheet.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

I like this bestiary

recently, something or other is ALWAYS screwed up with the main one. people keep going in and applying filters to the list and I guess due to server load or something it is impossible to remove the filters hence the dozen "copy of AA/A #", and it seems like most of the image links are screwed (presumably because id is screwed) on the main bestiary.

Thank you Horg!

By the way, anyone have any ideas what in the world happened to the main bestiary? It used to work perfectly fine, it's been in total disarray for the past couple weeks and practically unusable for me (id labeled incorrectly, so many copied pages with filters that CANNOT be removed, etc etc...) is this because too many things are "editable"? Would the main bestiary work if they just made one PRIMARY list of monsters and protected the whole damn thing so people would stop filtering it and mucking around? or is this just an intrinsic problem with google-docs where the whole system breaks above a certain traffic load?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 am

the uneditable filters are applied by the users that have full rights to that bestiary, aka the collaborators. it really annoys the fuck out of me when they are too cheap to make a copy on which to filter and leave the uneditable list alone. also, looking for a decent person who knows mysql and php to help me write a script that mass updates a database of monster data so i don't have to manually go through checking each of 300+ monsters and making notes on which monsters are missing.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

I found the "View - List" command was the only thing that I could do to remove the filtering from my view of the A+/AA list.

Usually though I just view the "Bestiary" tab of Horg's Visual Bestiary sheet instead.

Thanks Horg! Your work is greatly appreciated!
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

There be no hatin, just factual info.
it's good at what it does and where it's doing it - but there's always room for improvement Smile

Armitaage wrote: also, looking for a decent person who knows mysql and php to help me write a script that mass updates a database of monster data so i don't have to manually go through checking each of 300+ monsters and making notes on which monsters are missing.

I'd need to know where the data is to be retrieved from to make any kind of calculated estimate on how much work that would be.
What exactly would you be trying to achieve.

Also, I don't suppose there's an interface made available by ATEAM, that allows us to obtain the monster names, and stats?
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

The db to update is in the party calc in my sig. The most up to date data would be taken from that mess we call the "official" bestiary, saved as a text file. We would upload php script and text file and run the php script to quietly mass update the db, cuz I know it's very out of date.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 pm

with the added neutral guild I need to make some updates to the party builder, to do that I need someone to tell me how this new guild works with combos/hidden bonus/achievement bonus. Once I get that I'll make the changes.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by ophanus Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm

If anyone has ms access, the easiest way to get this into an SQL db is to export the google doc to an xls, then use access to pull the data. Assuming you have the ID number in the spread sheet, set that as your primary key, and you now have an easy, built in duplicate check. Converting an access db to a pure mysql one is stupidly simple too (it already is 98% one).

Would help, but atm don't have the time.

Oh, if no one has access, libreoffice/open office's db program might have the same capabilities, but I have no clue.

ophanus

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am

Horg wrote:with the added neutral guild I need to make some updates to the party builder, to do that I need someone to tell me how this new guild works with combos/hidden bonus/achievement bonus. Once I get that I'll make the changes.

I haven't done too rigorous testing, but I have at least determined that the achievement inguild bonus does NOT apply to cypher monsters, they not being true impulse/covert/psycho monsters, even if they do allow you to keep combos going. Have yet to do tests to determine if combo bonuses apply to them, though I don't see why they shouldn't, as combos have previously applied to all monsters regardless.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am

Some moron or a$$hole has been consistently deleting the name field from this tool every single day for over a week now...I'm really tired of it so the tool is locked. IF you want to take ownership of the tool, let me know and I'll transfer it to your gdocs account...warning...it's a little complex if you aren't really familiar with excel.

However, as a fun last little "fuck you" to A-Team....I'm going to post this neat little guide I wrote for some friends...check it out

Guide to Unlimited DarkSummoner VMs
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by xzjn9p Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Horg wrote:Some moron or a$$hole has been consistently deleting the name field from this tool every single day for over a week now...I'm really tired of it so the tool is locked.

/sad panda

xzjn9p

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 am

If you still want to use the sheet, request access via google docs and I will give you edit rights.

Warning: If you mess up the sheet in any way without undoing or notifying me then you will be perma-banned from the sheet.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by mofoho Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 pm

what an ass! No wonder i couldnt select monsters!! Sad

mofoho

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

jus requested access...email should match my username

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by DrBelmore Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Just sent request for access as well. Email matches my user name. Thanks!

DrBelmore

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Sent request
somethingsareneverfinal
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Don't know if it's been reported but my form didnt show the bp combo when i used 5 25bp AA
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 am

Boomy wrote:Don't know if it's been reported but my form didnt show the bp combo when i used 5 25bp AA

I just tested the BP Combo with 5 25 BP AA, works fine, if you have any overlapping monster names you loss all combos, maybe that's why? Accepting the 20 or so requests for access that came today, sorry for the wait.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:43 am

Horg wrote:
Boomy wrote:Don't know if it's been reported but my form didnt show the bp combo when i used 5 25bp AA

I just tested the BP Combo with 5 25 BP AA, works fine, if you have any overlapping monster names you loss all combos, maybe that's why? Accepting the 20 or so requests for access that came today, sorry for the wait.

Ok good, may have been user error lol
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 am

And maybe I'm that dumb, but how do I add cypher people to my team?
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:40 pm

requested access to bestiary, email's cppa00@gmail.com, you know mine well. also, i have an update for how cyphers fit into formations:

cyphers, not being truly members of any of the three guilds do NOT get the hidden bonus. however, they complete all combos and receive the benefits of those combos.

testing done with dbp+m, sky navy slayer+m, dahlia+m, lord of void+m, and witch of snakes+m.

final form stats as shown ingame: 37453 a, 32567 d, 31641 h.

base monster stats
NameAtkDefHealth
Dream Breaker Priest+607260724968
Sky Navy Slayer+440052803960
Curse Queen, Dahlia+582958295829
Lord of Void+511234084686
Witch of Snakes+612045905100

monster stats after combos and bonuses

NameAtkDefHealth
Dream Breaker Priest+8406800610830
Sky Navy Slayer+609269634316
Curse Queen, Dahlia+740470525829
Lord of Void+707844935107
Witch of Snakes+847360535559

note that the leader of this formation is dream breaker priest+
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm

I've been waiting for this ^^ to add in cypher, Ill try and get Cypher working in the calculator this evening
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Cypher is added, I tested it a bit but let me know if you see any issues.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

err...i can't select any cypher monsters except slumbering quay+, it is not updating the list to work with them. int he party builder that is.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Is it because the cells are locked? I can select all available Cyphers, make sure you keep in mind that the formation filters need to be set to NA or they override the per monster filters.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next