Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Visual Bestiary

+18
B$
XJF
DrBelmore
mofoho
xzjn9p
ophanus
Deathblob
Ologolos
TigerStrike
bbr
zzz1998
jusbao
SwtLaotiaNix7
faithnomorex
kheimon
larry378
Armitaage
Horg
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DS Visual Bestiary - Page 2 Empty Re: DS Visual Bestiary

Post by Horg Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Fixed the party builder, finally figured out that the stats for Kyushi+ were inputted incorrectly AFTER redoing the sheet, my calcs were correct....doh. If your team total stats are incorrect do me a favor and check that my bestiary has the stats correct and let me know at ds.visual.bestiary@gmail.com, thanks!

Added in the achievements option to the party builder, 1-11 based on your Achieve #. Still only max level, but I see no point in adding mixed level considering this is supposed to be used to plan complete formations.

All the AAA stuff should be working.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:40 am

good work on improving the calculator in the party builder, but your def calculation is seriously off. i tested it with my formation, which has 58159 atk, 46828 def, and 36092 health. your calc nailed the atk and health,but is claiming my form has only 40722 def, which is over 6000 off. i cannot tell you where you're wrong, since the sheet is hidden, but please have a look.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Corrected the error in the defense calcs, thanks Armitaage for testing it out and giving me useful feedback.

Bestiary is now open to the public, anyone who wants to add or correct information is welcome to. Please do not move or add any columns, do not delete any formulas (Tan Columns).
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:27 pm

You can protect the tan columns so that users may view them, but not edit them.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm

a free bump to this awesome bestiary. also, i have a bit of an update for the community at large. i have finished work on an offsite party calculator with a monster lookup tool. it only has data on currently available monsters of rank A+ or higher, but accuracy is guaranteed, provided the monster's max level data is available. here's a link for you to try it out. i still fully support the DS Visual Bestiary, as it gets data for all monsters, including upcoming monsters, and i go here to get the data to update my site's database.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks Armitaage, nice start to your PhP/mySQL based calc, added in a couple things today...

1. Skill Change Option for party builder, allows you to select the default skill for a creature or give it a new one from available spirits.

2. A second party calculator, copying it yourself wont work so I will be adding in 3 more for a total of 5 over the next few days. These sheets are decently complicated to copy...so if you see a mistake please let me know.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Did a relatively large update on the bestiary, all monsters from this event are added in and threw in all the stats I could find in auction.

Added in a vagrant lands calc sheet, did some testing today and corrected a few of the calculations, it should be working 100%.

The clan bonus and skill bonus won't affect the attack for Vagrant! So the calc isn't affected by them.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Also, a reminder, the bestiary is open to the public, I put in all the monsters i have access to, but if you have stats or names please feel free to throw them into the bestiary tab.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:23 am

New Monster Pictures are up! Check them out
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I also added in a new Summary page for upcoming monster, select the guild you want and it displays all the new monsters from that guild!
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Updated Party Builder 2 with some options labeled "Set Whole Formation To..." you will be able to use these cells to select Rarity/Guild/Species for ALL 5 monsters. If these values are not NA then it will use the individual values given per monster, if there are values then it will use those values...

Example, I want to make a mixed guild AA+ wyrm team...Under "Set Whole Formation to..." I would select Guild: NA, Species: Wyrm, Rarity: AA+...I would then set the individual guild to whatever I need and select from a list of AA+ Wyrms available to that guild.

I am trying to make it so that the text for these options go away when you select a specific Rarity/Guild/Species for the entire Formation, but it may take a bit since I have to work around google doc limitations
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 am

Someone f!@#ed up party builder 1, it is now fixed, please learn to use the undo button if you want me to keep this sheet updated.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

I don't have an overabundance of time recently to keep the bestiary updated, the fields are pretty self explanatory so please feel free to fill in what you can, especially the new releases! Just names/skill/rarity will be very helpful, if you have info on stats its even better. If you don't know, the ID# represents the monster, you can use the upcoming monster sheet to see the picture of the monster from the Bestiary.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Considering how many times this sheet has been screwed up by joe-shmoe I have protected EVERYTHING but what you need to edit. I would highly recommend going to...

View-> Make sure "View Protected Cells" is OFF
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by jusbao Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 am

I may be missing something very simple, and feel like an idiot, but how do you change the visual bestiary? It just displays WWSP+, and there are no drop down menus (the other pages: party builder, upcoming monster preview have them).

jusbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 am

Someone sabotaged that page, I just fixed it, haters gonna hate
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Why would anyone sabotaged that page? Is there a way to disable save feature?

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I have to open the pages to be editable or else no one could select from the drop down boxes, google docs autosaves in real time and you can't turn that off (as far as I know). I just have to check the sheets on a daily basis and fix what gets screwed up. Every part of the sheets that you don't need to edit are protected and can only be edited by me, but people can still screw it up.

In this case someone locked the first 10 or so columns so that the line was directly over the arrow to open the drop down box. I can't imagine how this was accidental...some people just get off on being a$$holes...no real explanation for it.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Great tool, just missing one thing.
The monster ID Smile
If you had the ranges even - that'd allow me to create an instant downloader for the large images to use on the wiki.

Alternatively, it'd be easy enough to put the viewer into an .exe if you were wanting it to be a client side tool with caching for the images.
I'm busy enough with the wiki for now... but it's still something interesting to keep in mind for rainy days.
EDIT: Just found them on the last page.

ps: if vandalism becomes a frequent issue, you can tell people to make a copy of the spreadsheet onto their own account and instruct how to unlock the relevant cells.

One thing is for sure though, this thing is kind of too big for google docs.
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm

yeah the sheet has definitely grown, but I'm limiting what I add so it doesn't become as laggy as the public bestiary.

Im going to add 1 or 2 additional party calculators and Im done, just upkeep after that. It seems to be random when gdocs is stable/unstable, most the time the tool is immediately responsive.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Spent the weekend updating the stats for AA/AA sections on the spreadsheet. Used some of my monsters and the AH for the stats. We are still missing some data but not as much as before. If you have these monsters or know their stats, please post it here or update the spreadsheet.

This is the list of missing data.

Reg Plus
Demon of Ruins
x
Hellfire Cerberus x
Lightning-Eye Ravager
x
Raging Inferno x x

Raging Inferno +
x
Screaming Rage, Klamut + x

Behemoth of Lightning x x
Borabant
x
Demolition Dragon
x
Teravan's Right Arm x x
Worm of Anguish x

Behemoth of Lightning
x
Blade Emporer + x
Borabant + x
Necrotic Fungus +
x
Teravan's Right Arm + x
Worm of Anguish + x

Blue Water Demon, Mei x x
Demon Hand, Cylia
x
Hurricane Demon
x
Kiskil Lyra
x
Norn Colossus, Urth
x
Twisting Confusion x

Arachno Chi + x
Black Steel Viper + x
Blue Water Demon, Mei+ x
Demon Hand, Cylia+ x
Galateia of Torment + x
Hermit Elf + x
Twisting Confusion + x
Vaisravana + x

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks! As I posted in the tool itself, I have essentially quit the game for a while and haven't been able to keep up with the bestiary myself, if you like the tool then please contribute to the bestiary to keep it up to date!
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

Horg wrote:Thanks! As I posted in the tool itself, I have essentially quit the game for a while and haven't been able to keep up with the bestiary myself, if you like the tool then please contribute to the bestiary to keep it up to date!

Awww crummy news... well thanks for putting the tool together! Honestly, it's the best one. Hope all is well, and hope to see you back again some day.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Horg wrote:Thanks! As I posted in the tool itself, I have essentially quit the game for a while and haven't been able to keep up with the bestiary myself, if you like the tool then please contribute to the bestiary to keep it up to date!

Love the tool. Use it quite often to daydream about my dream formation. I'm glad you created the tool since it very useful.

Appreciate the effort you put forth in it and hope everyone else helps maintain it for a long time.

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 am

Looked through the formulas, and while they work, a lot of static data is being calculated - making the spreadsheet terrifyingly slow.
The ID column is even calculated twice! o_O

I'm using the sheet to fill out the wiki,. but - if anyone does decide to recreate the visual bestiary, i'd highly recommend getting rid of most of the formulae used in the bestiary spreadsheet.

With another week or so, I hope to have at least the data tables on the wiki merged, so they'll be a lot more easy to fill in - might make it easier to notice whether any data is missing as well, and thus the sheet and wiki can be used to keep each other up to date on data.
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next