Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloom Cocoons...

+8
mjshamone
DJ Masterb34r
Jezebel Demonshire
God_of_War
lefty23
quadraptor
blah
Shakes29
12 posters

Go down

Gloom Cocoons... Empty Gloom Cocoons...

Post by Shakes29 Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Has anyone had any luck Capturing a Monster without a Dark Trap? I'm at B-65 and have come into contact with at least 20 Gloom Cocoons and have only been successful in capturing "Weak Cocoons". However, I've only captured three of five weak cocoons.

Does anyone know what the Strong and Powerful Cocoons contain? I think I got an Elf Commander, Hail Tarasque and Queen Slaughter Bee out of my 3 weak cocoons, nothing spectacular.

Shakes29

Back to top Go down

Gloom Cocoons... Empty Re: Gloom Cocoons...

Post by blah Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Capturing A rank monsters out of weak cocoons is pretty impressive, since weak cocoons generally contain skill-less B rank monsters. Strong/Powerful just give more chance for an A; the powerful is basically dark trap only, and can give as crappy as a skill or perhaps a decent(and maybe powerful) A. Shadow Domain Demon came from one of those in the analog monster shadows.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by quadraptor Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I managed to capture a Lightning Bug from a strong cocoon without a dark trap, but that was after maybe...15 failed attempts. It happens but doesn't happen often.

They sometimes tell you what is in the powerful cocoon after you've failed to capture it. I've seen two Asuras, one Magic Light Dragon, and one Death Call Covenant.
quadraptor
quadraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakes29 Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Would you say you're better off spending your My teacher said good "job" on Epic Dark Summons instead of Dark Traps?

Shakes29

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty23 Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:21 pm

I haven't successfully captured ANY coccoons except the weak ones. The only exception being a dark trap I had left over from the last similar event (and yes, it did work), which I used on a powerful cocoon and got a Skeleton Minotaur (A, Health Up, bp 15). Not great, but not terrible.

lefty23

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I captured the very first weak cocoon only and not anything since. I did use a trap on a powerful and got a skilless B which was worse than my weak capture! They show you the occasional strong one you missed to make you think you need to spend a ton on traps but in reality it is just as random, and wasteful as buying dark summons.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:14 pm

I captured a Blood Blob.. thats the best I'v gotten from a Coon.
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Masterb34r Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:04 pm

out of the first four powerful cocoons that I used traps on, I got magma, medic, and frenzied dragonite or whatever it is. Nice. They teased me with the Twisted Logic psycho monster, and a magma dragon since.

DJ Masterb34r

Back to top Go down

Post by mjshamone Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:30 am

Got an Elite Dragonborn from a strong cocoon.

Twice, powerful cocoons told me what I missed out one - Kotone and Bayard

mjshamone

Back to top Go down

Post by verbalkintify Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Have not used a dark trap yet. Best I got was queen of snakes. The only one shown and missed is asura.

verbalkintify

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Masterb34r Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:52 pm

So...I got teased last night by a AA from a powerful coccoon. I felt pretty crushed. LOL. They're out there, though...just to let everyone know.

DJ Masterb34r

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Has anyone else gotten "An ally has recently captured a monster from a powerful cocoon. Would you like to search for it?" message. If so, has anyone noticed any change/difference in the quality.

My theory, and yes, this is largely unsubstantiated(other than paranoia) is that these cocoons might be the bad ones. I've never seen what's gotten away from me once, though.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Yes. When your ally captures a unique monster you get the option to 'try' to capture it too. It's a free powerful cocoon. You still need dark traps to 'try' and there isn't a higher chance than a regular powerful cocoon.
I've seen a few decent monsters in cocoons, but for every one there are 100 that give nothing really good. And you need dark traps to capture from powerful cocoons (the only ones that actually give the better monsters). So...
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Lol. I asked about whether or not anybody noticed a quality difference. I've definitely noticed that you don't get a chance every time an ally captures a monster from the powerful cocoon. Since you do pick up the same monster that your ally does, I see little reason for A-Team to offer you good monsters. Instead, I am guessing that they allow you an attempt to capture a second crap monster. The last time in Death Flute, I used a free one on the powerful cocoon, but it wasn't anything spectacular(a B or a crap A), so I doubt it was unique.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Masterb34r Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 pm

The first time I got that message, I chose to use reg trap on a powerful one, and it ended up being twisted logic...since then, nothing at all. I was comfortable skipping on these lil bastards until they threw that AA out at me. I'm still done dark trapping for this event LOL...it's basically a dark summon that they can taunt you with if you choose not to.

DJ Masterb34r

Back to top Go down

Post by Trakt Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Out of curiosity I started keeping track of how many times I was teased by a good monster after a powerful cocoon.

Out of 37 powerful cocoons encountered I was only teased twice. Once for the new medic and the second time for a DCC.

Assuming that they tease you every time you miss a big awesome monster that leaves 35 out of 37 being junk cocoons (Bs and low BP As).

Percent wise:

5.4 % awesome monster!
94.6% junk

I even decided to buy a few traps on auction. Out of my 5 traps I got 5 Bs.

Honestly one of the worst soul points (yay filter!) to decent monster ratios I've seen in a while.

Trakt

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

There is no quality difference.. Exactly the same. Why would it be different? lol
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Lol... I did say it was largely unsubstantiated.

I just don't see A-Team giving out extra monsters that are decent... It could just be me being paranoid.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Masterb34r Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Every single Epic Dark Summon I've had since I began the game (i'm lvl 83 now i think)...has been a low level A. I've made like 2000% more EP on the few dark traps I've made compared to Epic Dark Summons. I don't even value the stupid things anymore. Dark Summons seem to be the best % return for me, personally.

DJ Masterb34r

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:09 pm

I haven't spend any Soul points for this event and haven't used any dark traps. Out of the weak cocoons i have gotten some skilless B and a couple Skill B. I have been teased with Asura and Dragon Knight of Ruin.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down