Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for the new event? You be the Judge

+14
light
ctigers124
darkeon
Armitaage
andycard69
NIK
Mojo611
Khastarax
Alamirion
prancey
Primceee
Jin_HD
alphakennyken
Gargos
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tips for the new event? You be the Judge - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips for the new event? You be the Judge

Post by Armitaage Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 am

Guvire, let's keep this civil, shall we? For the most part I don't even bother to try for a top 100 or 200 rank in the events simply because I KNOW I haven't a "prayer" at it. But honestly, this game is designed to be very unfriendly to new players in general. Everyone with ep or a half way decent monster either wants AA or Elites or ep for it, and the chance of a new player obtaining any of that is slim to none. I can understand why the not so new players would feel like new players should not be able to rank in the events, but honestly, games with too much of a difference between new and old players are not going to live very long. Games NEED a steady influx of new players to offset the stream of old players leaving because they're ready to move on. Think about that and how you would feel if the game was closed because there is not enough new players coming. Players = revenue and at the end of the day that is what a team cares about.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Tips for the new event? You be the Judge - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips for the new event? You be the Judge

Post by Mortium Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 am

And obviously the issue is that once you have one AA, if you like, you can sell it and most likely win another AA in the next event and have EP left over for the next event etc etc ad infinitum.

And of course the way the game is designed, higher level players have easily twice as much energy as the lower level players, which means that they can advance twice as far with 10 EPs as a player half their level, which gives them an even greater advantage as they have more EPs and need less of them to rank higher!

I've been thinking for a long time that higher level players should start on a floor that is similar in energy use as their current mission. Even that wouldn't make a dent in their rankings as much as I'd like though.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am

Yes, that's very true, mortium, that's why a team's change in the event battles has left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. Actually, one of my allies quit the game because of it. I don't mind having to work on my way to the top, but there is work and then there is ridiculous work. Ah well, it's not like that's anything new, games are made by companies and all companies, without exception, care only for their bottom line, ie My teacher said good "job".
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Armitaage wrote:Guvire, let's keep this civil, shall we? For the most part I don't even bother to try for a top 100 or 200 rank in the events simply because I KNOW I haven't a "prayer" at it. But honestly, this game is designed to be very unfriendly to new players in general. Everyone with ep or a half way decent monster either wants AA or Elites or ep for it, and the chance of a new player obtaining any of that is slim to none. I can understand why the not so new players would feel like new players should not be able to rank in the events, but honestly, games with too much of a difference between new and old players are not going to live very long. Games NEED a steady influx of new players to offset the stream of old players leaving because they're ready to move on. Think about that and how you would feel if the game was closed because there is not enough new players coming. Players = revenue and at the end of the day that is what a team cares about.

Civil? Really? ... because I called a new player insane to think they deserved a top 200 spot without dishing out dinero for EP, or to have been lucky enough to snag an AA earlier and sell it for EP?

The simple fact is that A-Team is there to make dinero (and I believe they do hand over fist so-to-speak) ... I personally have been playing with 2 devices for almost 3 months, trading for EP and saving it up for an event I thought I had a shot at ranking in. Never did I state that the game was unfair as most F2P people will. (Not just on app platforms... the amount of whining that goes on in the mmorpg scene is astounding as well)

If you do not want to be patient and dedicate some time to this game to get in the top rankings, then you should probably just delete the app now. Remember that they celebrated the 2 million downloads a couple of weeks back, so getting into the top 200 (even with the amount of people whom have quit after downloading) is NOT going to be easy.

Remember just a few weeks ago, AA's were awarded to the top 100, (and those special ranks like 500 and 1000).

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Whoever said anything about deserving to be in the top 200? Way you're reacting makes me think that you think that the haves DESERVE to be in the top 200 and the have-nots don't DESERVE to be there. I honestly don't think that either group DESERVES to be in there, but I do think that the way these events are designed, the haves have far too much of an advantage over the have-nots. It's hardly a level playing field. And Btw, this app does not qualify as an mmorpg, it's a tapping game with a little tcg thrown in. Take it from someone who is an mmorpg veteran. No one deserves to be in any given rank, a rank is a privilege, not a right. Oh, and with your "if you gonna whine, just delete the app" attitude, perhaps you should follow your own advice. It's a free world, if I am disappointed with a team's handling of the event I'll say so. Doesn't mean I'm "whining". I don't mind working for my monsters and/or rank. If only a team had left that feature alone the event would have been much more interesting than previous events. I do think that mortium's idea would have been a good way to balance the change made in how battles are chosen.

Edit: oh and fyi bp cost "dinero" too you know. Just because the event doesn't really require ep doesn't mean that it's free. In case you haven't noticed, doing the event's battles eats your bp pool, the same bp pool you normally use in regular battles.

Last edited by Armitaage on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Avoid double posting)
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by dr4ko Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Some players has 700+ sets lolololol
dr4ko
dr4ko

Back to top Go down

Post by cgrater Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Are they going to be posting a mid-event ranking for this one? Curious where I stand right now.

cgrater

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm

They might in a day or two.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2