Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner Question List

3 posters

Go down

Beginner Question List Empty Beginner Question List

Post by derpados Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:13 am

Hey all

I'm new to this game, and I see a lot of similar questions getting asked. Also I see a lot of questions getting asked that I find myself wanting to know the answer to.

Below I will try to hopefully create a list of questions and then update it when people post the answers. (please remember this is a work in progress list, Any questions you want me to add or answers you can give will be appreciated.)

Questions:
1. What does agility do?
2. What is the point of levelling Pre-emptive strike?
3. If I Evolve a Monster does it reset skill level?
4. What Skills are most valuable?
5. What does Special Mean when you summon?
6. What battle tactics are most used? (Attack Leader/Attack Lowest HP etc)
7. If a Monster with a skill dies does it's effect go away? (increase agility etc.)
8. How Do I raise my Monsters skill?
9. How Do I give Monsters Skills?
10. Formations/Combo Goals?
11. Is there any way to tell the value of monsters?

Answers:
1. Agility raises the attack speed of your monsters. Having a higher attack speed will let you attack first each round.
2.From what im told, there is no point, ive seen a high agility team still go before my creature with premptive strike 3.
3. Yes the Monsters level and skill level will be reset. (Also remember A's only Evolve to A+, two A+'s do not evolve to AA)
4. Agility - Increase Atk - Decrease Def - Increase Def - Decrease Atk (To my knowledge value wise)
5. It means it was ultra rare, you had a slim chance of getting that monster and you got it, or its jsut flavor text to make that summon more special
7. Skills are applied before combat begins and last till combat ends, death has no effect when it comes to skills effecting your creatures. the bonus stays with you
8. Monsters skills increase when you Sac a monster with the same skill to that monster. When doing this only Sac one monster at a time. Also the higher the skill the harder it is to level. People suggest after Skill level 5 start sacing mobs with a skill level 2 to your monster for a higher chance of success.
9. Special Monsters named Spirits that have skills can be sac to a monster to give that monster a skill or change it's current skill. These monsters are rare.
10. get combo bonuses, shoot for 4, one guild, one rank, one level, and speciies, which is the hardest to come by, but you can get a good brute team easily with some good trades.

11. Higher BP = higher worth, Then Skill monsters Agility (see answer 4 skill values), Event mobs (rare), Progression mobs (increase X as formation lead), Team mobs (mobs that might not be amazing but finish up team combo - Usually Agility mob). for More in-depth see Xavarir Post. (When in doubt ask on forums)

Please help add more questions and more answers. Hopefully over time this can be a great starting point for other beginners like me.

Last edited by derpados on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 7 times in total

derpados

Back to top Go down

Beginner Question List Empty Re: Beginner Question List

Post by Wingweaver Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:52 am

Questions:
1. What does agility do?
6. What battle tactics are most used?
7. If a Monster with a skill dies does it's effect go away? (increase agility etc.)

Answers:
1. Agility raises the attack speed of your monsters. Having a higher attack speed will let you attack first each round.
2. From what im told, there is no point, ive seen a high agility team still go before my creature with premptive strike 3.
3. Yes the Monsters level and skill level will be reset. (Also remember A's only Evolve to A+, two A+'s do not evolve to AA)
4. Agility - Increase Atk - Decrease Def - Increase Def - Decrease Atk (To my knowledge value wise)
5. It means it was ultra rare, you had a slim chance of getting that monster and you got it, or its jsut flavor text to make that summon more special
6. Battle tactics? get combo bonuses, shoot for 4, one guild, one rank, one level, and speciies, which is the hardest to come by, but you can get a good brute team easily with some good trades.
7.Skills are applied before combat begins and last till combat ends, death has no effect when it comes to skills effecting your creatures. the bonus stays with you.

8. Monsters skills increase when you Sac a monster with the same skill to that monster. When doing this only Sac one monster at a time. Also the higher the skill the harder it is to level. People suggest after Skill level 5 start sacing mobs with a skill level 2 to your monster for a higher chance of success.
9. Special Monsters named Spirits that have skills can be sac to a monster to give that monster a skill or change it's current skill. These monsters are rare.

Wingweaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavarir Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 am

Guess I'll contribute some of the questions I've asked and had answered so far in these forums.

Q. Is there any way to tell the value of monsters?

A. (Thanks to TheFury for this detailed answer!) Best option is to ask here or in the chat. Otherwise, here are a few rules (all of which have exceptions).

1) Higher BP = higher worth

2) Agility Up, Increase Party Attack, and to a slightly lesser extent Decrease Enemy Defense are all 3 good skills that increase the value of a monster (more than they would be without the skill. Like Child of Pit, which is worth ~1 EP with Agility Up, and would be worthless without it).

3) Recent event reward monsters have a very variable cost - usually drops quickly

3a) The exception is that some of these monsters can never be summoned again, except in rare flashback summon events. So there are a limited supply of them, and if they are good enough their price often actually increases in time (after an initial decrease). Take the Mad Flame Vanargandr for example. This was an event reward, and if I remember correctly only 102 were given out. That means there are, at maximum, 51 Mad Flame Vanargandr + in the game (and realistically less). Which makes it a rare and high-value monster.

4) Progression monsters (these are monsters that give a bonus to an event, like the current ones that increase ticket drops during missions). These often have very high prices at the start of the event (depending on what the event rewards are), and drop in price steadily until the end of the event. For example, during the past Clan event where AA monsters were rewarded to top clans (meaning up to 25 AA rewards per clan), the progression monsters were worth an absolute massive amount. Now they are a fraction of the cost.

5) Team monsters - these are monsters that play an important role in common combo teams (which almost all have an agility up monster). A monster with high BP but with no corresponding good team will not be worth near as much as a powerful monster that fits well into a common team. Knowing the teams out there takes time - as a rule, look at the bestiary for "agility up" monsters. Look at their guild and species (like Sin demon) - those are the monsters that will have an elevated price.

Q. Are the high BP monsters with no skills worth selling/keeping/levelling/etc.

A. (Again thanks the TheFury!) Don't bother leveling them. It might be worth holding onto the 5 that make the best team for a future B/B+ tournament (which may or may not ever happen). But don't level them for now unless you have absolutely nothing better to do.

Besides selling or using them for the tournament if it rolls around again, these skill-less B/B+s with high stats are worthless. You might be able to sell them for gold, but that's about it.

Q. Is it worth leveling monsters of rank A or below?

A. (Thanks to KenshinX22 for this detailed answer!) I would recommend not to level Rank A and below monsters. There are exceptions and I will explain them shortly. It is not worth the time or money to do it because everyone wants to make their Rank A monster into an A+. As you already know, if you level an A monster and evolve it, all skill and level revert back to LEVEL 1.

Exception: An exception to leveling a lower level monster would be for an event (i.e. an all C/C+ monster formation or the previous battle tournament that consists soley of B/B+ monsters). That would be one of the few exceptions to level up lower rank monsters.

Q. Is it worth leveling the skills of monsters of rank A or below?

A. (Again thanks to KenshinX22!) This one is a little tricky and I do not want to overwhelm you yet. The short answer is: In general, do not raise skill of low rank monsters. Of course, there are exceptions.

Exception: This exception is the same as the previous. You can level the skill of a B/B+ rank monster to compete in an event. For example, you could level a Kelpie (B rank monster with slumber skill) to level 5 to compete in a tournament.

Exception: You can level up the skill of a low level to sacrifice to your main A+ or AA/AA+ monster. This is a big exception and I will explain it to you through an example. Take for example that you have an A+ monster with decrease attack skill. You sacrifice monsters with that ability to your A+ monster until the skill hits level 5. Now in order to increase your chances to skill up your main monster, you have to raise the skill of your sacrificial monster. So if you sacrifice a low rank monster with decrease attack skill level 2, it has a higher chance to level up than just sacrificing a skill level 1 monster. This is the exception. If you want me to go deeper into this topic, we can discuss it later.

Hope these help.
Xavarir
Xavarir

Back to top Go down

Post by derpados Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Wingweaver wrote:Questions:
1. What does agility do?
6. What battle tactics are most used?

Answers:
2. From what im told, there is no point, ive seen a high agility team still go before my creature with premptive strike 3.
6. Battle tactics? get combo bonuses, shoot for 4, one guild, one rank, one level, and speciies, which is the hardest to come by, but you can get a good brute team easily with some good trades.
7.Skills are applied before combat begins and last till combat ends, death has no effect when it comes to skills effecting your creatures. the bonus stays with you.

Thank you for your input. I added a 10th questions to include answer to your formation/combo bonus since. Questions I was referring to was (Attack leader/Attack lowest HP etc)

derpados

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down