Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner Needs Advice

+5
kheimon
wylie01
Flying Dagger
Maduk
n0b0dy
9 posters

Go down

Beginner Needs Advice Empty Beginner Needs Advice

Post by n0b0dy Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Hello. I just started playing about a week ago. Have to admit its a lot to swallow. I managed to get lucky with a dark dummon and had some generous gifts from a few friends. I did not know what I was doing so I have 108 BP and 137 Heakth. I am just looking for some general advice about my formation and future plans. Right now I am in the Rancor Guild but my team is all Purple so I can get a combo. Here is my formation:

NAME Rank Level Skill Level
Gold Gorger Dragon AA 17 2
Seeker Quadriga + A+ 4 2
Deceit Witch A 5 1
Vicissitude Colossus A 4 1
Gigas A 4 1

And here is the rest of my inventory:

NAME Rank Level Skill Level
Cruel Black Wings + A+ 1 1
Naga General + A+ 1 1
Great Horned Warrior A 12 1
Uncouth Child A 7 1
Hydra A 7 1
Elf Commander A 1 1
Lord of Void A 1
Blood Flame Colossus A 3 3
Fire Core A 1 1
Tiamut A 1 1
Crimson Beetle Knight A 1
Child of Purification A 3 2
Simian lord Hanuman A 1 1
Evilmoth A 1 1
Cruel Black Wings A 1 1
Blood Blush Vanessa A 1 1
Shock Tarasque A 1 1
Grand Colored Bird A 1
Elite Dragonborn A 1 1
Hellfire Talos A 1
Raging Vritra A 2 1
Skeleton Minotaur A 1 1
Fafnir A 1 1
Dancing Fairy A 1 1
Jade Rhinoceros Beetle A 1 1

Been getting lots of messages about the Dragon. Does it make sense to trade him since ideally I should be putting together a Green team? Any suggestions/advice is appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Jim

n0b0dy

Back to top Go down

Beginner Needs Advice Empty Re: Beginner Needs Advice

Post by Maduk Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 pm

That Dragon (not sure where you got it if it was a gift it was a great one) - or if it was a summons u did good !

In my opinion ur gonna be a long way off making a full AA Team - Sell the Dragon for Pure EP or an Already built Max Team with good skills Green Wyrm, Red Demon or Purp Demons there are a few threads on the forums about it.

if your not worried about a max team sell it for EP AND CHECK the price before you sell it on the forums (and Id avoid using it in any in game aucs until u know better what to expect)

Dont let it go for a song its the one thing you own that you have bargaining poer with.

good luck matey
Maduk
Maduk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Dagger Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:12 am

If you don't care about certain combos just keep the gorger and continue to improve it. Down the road as u lvl up and get a hang of things you can decide then in what road to choose.

Or if you are deadset in selling or trading it now, I recommend in asking advice from a knowledgeable trusted ally to help advise you. Their are many options out there.
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by n0b0dy Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. I guess the hardest thing for a newbie player to decide is which direction to head in.

Do you think I should stick with my current purple team, or go with a mixed all wyrm team?

Oh and I just got another deceit witch so I pushed her up to an A+...

Thanks!
Jim

n0b0dy

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie01 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Personally, I'd keep Gorger! (I have)
I was also lucky enough to score him early on in the game
and have had ALOT of offers for him and held off because everone
seemed to want him, In hindsight, now that I've been playing for
a while I'm glad as I would have got stung with a few average creatures
in return...

For the mean time I don't really think it matters what allegiance your team
is, I'd stick with it until you've been playing for a while and got an idea on
what works and what doesn't....

Best of luck!
wylie01
wylie01

Back to top Go down

Post by n0b0dy Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Cool. Thanks for the help!

I'm keeping the Dragon (it was NOT gifted). I like the concept of stop worrying and just play/learn for now...

Thanks again,
Jim

n0b0dy

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Personally, I think you would be best trading him for a skilled max covert (green) team, either winged wyrm or beast (with some EP on the side if you can). You could really get a decent team for him without working at all, which will be a lot more helpfull to you than your Gold Gorger.

Thing is, although AA wyrms are popular, Gold Gorger's value will slowly decrease over time since he is a summonable AA and you are too far off to build a team around him.

But it is a game after all and building your team yourself is a big part of the fun. So it would be a perfectly reasonable choice to keep him too.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Dont sell your gorger, pick up A+ winged wyrms and build around it. Lindwurm+ and MLD+ would be my first 2 suggestions as there skills are extremely useful. Yes you only have a 2x combo, but a max level gorger with some high skilled winged wyrms will carry you a long way.

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm

You should consider trading your gorger for a covert AA wyrm.

There are a couple; wingarm, dod, terra,

well don't swap one for terra, terra is ultra cheap. But wingarm and dod are both terrific, and similarly valued to a gold gorger, and would be very well suited to build teams around and towards.

it also doesn't really matter which one you get first, because ideally, you would want to have both a wingarm and a dod for an AA wyrm form due to perfectly suited skills (DED, IPD respectively). Although if you're going to be using A teams for a while before you work up to that, DED will suit you better in the short term, while IPD becomes exponentially more important when you are dealing in multi AA forms.

At this point, due to the distribution of recent skill releases (species down), at high levels, wyrms are essentially unchallenged while brutes and demons who are the most popular teams are highly vulnerable, and beasts aren't as badly affected as brutes and demons, but they're in trouble too.

naturally, that may change as suddenly as it happened in the first place with the release of an abundance of wyrm down monsters, but that would only level the playing field really.

And by the way, congrats on the gold gorger!
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Slinger1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

never catalog your AA like gold gorger.
never never never.
even if your ally is trusted one. Never.
^ that one is off-topic advice.
now on-topic: I seen other summoners beat my psycho creation 4x with their 2x~3x formations. So, I might suggest you to keep them until you're at the point of where you have to make a decisions. Best of luck for you in ds, mate!

Slinger1

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm

4 AA+ wyrms (real ones) and an A+ Lindwurm is only a 2x combo team, but i dont think many teams are going to beat it. Well as the system sits currently anyways. A team could wreck that very quickly...

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 pm

What you do depends alot on what you want out of the game. If you want to kick ass right away. Trade gorger for a rancor beast or wyrm team as some have suggested. Those teams with decent skills will last you a long long time. Some high ranked players still use them. If you want to build you own team than sell gorger as it will just rot in your inventory and lose value. Keep in mind that a Vlad is worth 3-4x what it is now 3-4 months ago. The rate that summonable AA lose value is accelerating with Ateam turning them out much faster than they use to. I highly highly doubt that you can trade Gorger for DoD. Wingarm is possible but than again it will just lose value and by the time you can use it, it won't be nearly as valuable as it is now whereas ep will always in demand.

As for what some others have suggested with building around gorger. It will take awhile for it to be useful. AA and AA+ level non-linearly meaning that they only become powerful at the very high level and it takes alot of gold and sacrifice to get there. You'll lack the support of a A+ team and as been mention many times on here, a single AA in an A+ formation makes it worse than if its all A+. So realistically for gorger to a good addition to your team, you'll have to have accumulated enough stuff to consider going a hybrid team with 2 AA+ and takes awhile unless you get really luck again and summon more AAs.

Kyan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down