Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Point Build

4 posters

Go down

Skill Point Build Empty Skill Point Build

Post by Athanatos Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:52 am

Hi guys!

Earlier on in the game, the general consensus was to have more points in EP than in BP. Is anyone working on a BP driven build? The reason I ask is because of the amount of "BP Events" that we have these days. I think it could be fun to reset into BP, but I don't want it to bite me too hard later. Currently, I keep enough BP to battle twice with my main formation, and the rest goes into EP.

Thanks for the input!
Athanatos
Athanatos

http://AnimeHorizon.com

Back to top Go down

Skill Point Build Empty Re: Skill Point Build

Post by EdwardStarbuck Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 pm

It depends on where you are as a player.  I honestly wouldn't worry about a form or bp stat until you're at least level 140+.  New players should keep their BP stat as low as possible (level 80) and put absolutely everything into energy.  The reasoning behind it is that you really can compete against higher level players in events efficiently until you yourself have a high enough stat points and energy spending is the only real way to level up.  Wall events give you a bit of EXP, but energy is usually what levels you up. 

When you're at a higher level, I don't really know.  One account limits you.  I actually have my GF's account now so hers is all energy while my main is all BP so I have an account for any event.  Realistically it'd be great to have one build of each for each guild, but that's way more time than I care to put in.  I have, however, seen some players that do that.  Specifically Naiikosama has that set up I think.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanatos Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks for the input! I should have mentioned that I'm level 139 right now. I have 600 EP/309 BP currently. 

I'm just curious for different ways to play the game. I have plenty of jewels to switch back if I didn't like it, so I guess I'd just have to try and see. I do enjoy doing the regular missions though, but there always seems to be some event that has me using my energy elsewhere. Rolling Eyes
Athanatos
Athanatos

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 am

i would much rather spend jewels on stuff to sell, like sos rather than skill resets.

and at lvl139, u should put as much into ep as possible, as edwards says, energy is what gets you exps.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanatos Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 am

Thanks. Will continue to do what I've been doing then. Smile
Athanatos
Athanatos

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Athanatos wrote:Thanks. Will continue to do what I've been doing then. Smile

You know how to do a poor man's reset?

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanatos Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:23 pm

With allies? Yes, that's definitely something to consider, but I heard something about people losing points doing that. Is that true? I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links here, but I saw people complaining about it on another forum, but it was back in 2012 so I don't know if that's changed.
Athanatos
Athanatos

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Thats never happened to me or any of my friends
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:01 pm

No, that used to happen for rage of bahamut but that doesn't happen in DS and didn't ever happen.  It could have just been one of those rumor things that took hold.  They work great for moving points here and there.  I usually don't do them because I have 85 allies who are all quit accounts that never drop me, so I like not having to find new allies every five minutes, but I've done it before and it works fine.  Just drop all allies then re-ally with everyone.  But don't assign the points until you've dropped everyone.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by mewgirl Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:47 pm

I am using BP.  Energy and BP are mainly used for events and are pretty useless outside of them as regular "missions" don't really give anything (unless you're farming but that is REALLY annoying and takes forever so it's always a relief when an energy-related event comes back on).  When I joined a month or two ago most useful events were BP, but noe there are some where EP is useful too, for example the wall events where your EP can be turned into BP...   of course the wall events themselves are also partially useless because it is impossible to get anywhere having walls using 16 or more points just to kill one monster.  Also with the new battle system, having BP is now useful between events as well, so that you can get the daily battle rewards and maybe even something more if they have rankings!

The main thing, however, is that energy DOES NOT RECOVER.  You can only recover like 60 an hour and that's if you have all your collections maxed, so your BP will always recover 4x+ as quickly as your EP, and it doesn't make much sense to put more and more in EP when it can't be recovered quickly enough to matter anyway.  So mainly having a high BP is far more useful to me.

mewgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down