Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

questions on elixirs

2 posters

Go down

questions on elixirs Empty questions on elixirs

Post by Slinger1 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm

what's the fair ep exchange rate for elixir (in the event that doesn't rely on ep and bp)?

I remember someone want my elixirs, I offered him 4:6 (since, i have 4 of them) and he refused. He want it cheaper = =....

Slinger1

Back to top Go down

questions on elixirs Empty Re: questions on elixirs

Post by JessicaMD Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:00 pm

I think the problem with elixers is that they restore both energy and battle points; so to use one effectively, you need to have used all of your energy and all of your battle points or you're wasting some of it.

And the way most event works is relying on either energy OR battlepoints, very seldom both! Even the ones that DO use both are kinda tricky for elixers.... like Mobius with the missions that use energy, and bosses that use battle, or the destiny bell one we just had where you can battle for bells and do missions too.

It's not very often when someone needs to restore both at the same time! even in those events that use both simeltaneously, because you run into lots of situations where you need to restore one, and not the other so using something to restore the other would be a waste.

Like with mobius. if you are doing missions and stuff, and run into a raid boss, and start fighting the boss; you're going to run out of battle points. Now you will probably have some energy left, so you don't want to restore energy, but you can't really spend all of that energy so you can use the elixer because doing the missions while you already have a boss up means that you are wasting chances to get the next boss! Unless you go and spend the rest of your energy on regular missions, which you don't want to do, because the event is on so you want to get as many void summons as possible. So elixers aren't so hot here. Or if you run out of energy, and there are no bosses to spend the last of your battle points on, using an elixer would be the same as just using an energy potion, because I know I was saving my battle points for bosses and not battling people regularly at that time.

Or with destiny bells. I know I would run into a summoner boss pretty often, with just 2-3 bells needed to complete a set, so I would go to battle and try to get those couple of bells so I don't waste the batch I would get from the boss on spillover (like winning 5 bells when you only need 1 more, is the same as winning 1 bell); so if I want to do more battles, I'd rather not use an elixer because that would be a waste on energy.

On the other hand, elixers are sort of good when you run out of energy on the event and then go use all your battle points to get some bells, and then you can recharge both at the same time.

As you can see, there are many situations where you wouldn't really want to use an elixer as an elixer, and are basically using it as a battle point potion or an energy point potion, rather than both at the same time, so people wouldn't really want to pay for one as both, because having one ep and one bp is basically more usefull that having two mixed together that you have to use at the same time!

I think I've seen people using elixers (Which they get from ranking rewards) as 1ep. I guess the value might be higher during events where they are potentially useful, but the only event where that applies are things like destiny bells, and they're not even useful all the time in those.

You *might be able to sell them for 4:5... but I think the easiest way to look at it is to just consider them energy potions. at 4:4.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down