Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some AA Questions

2 posters

Go down

Some AA Questions Empty Some AA Questions

Post by trabic Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 pm

So I was just offered Tengen 100(5), Odin 45(5), HalluCast 69, Blue steel Devil, and Grin Cloak, for my Grizel1(1), and I was trying to figure out if this is a fair trade. That led to a couple of questions.

Is there a better way to find AA/+ prices, and relative usefulness than wading though a bunch of stores that mostly dont give prices, or have ridiculous ones?

Grizel is pretty new but it looks like he's is in the 200-250 range, Odin 85 or so if you can find a buyer, BSD Hallu and Grin make up maybe another 40 tops, but I am having trouble finding recent info on Tengen.

Seeing as I have DDD+, abyss+, Asura+, Pitt+, Kag+, DEN+ I think I am probably better off keeping the demon, getting some levels on him and trying to find another Demon AA and maybe a hybrid A+/AA team, since I dont really have much in the way of brutes.

It looks pretty fair to me, but I think I will probably keep the demon, but I sure would like some advice, and maybe some tips on where to find information.

Thanks

trabic

Back to top Go down

Some AA Questions Empty Re: Some AA Questions

Post by TheFury Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm

There is no good way to find out an AA's value without paying close attention to the market. They change often (so people are hesitant to quote values); and when they do change they usually drop in price. Here are a few rough rules of thumb:

<25 BP = < 5 EP
25 BP = ~30 EP
28 BP = 50 EP
32 EP = 100 EP
35 EP = 180 EP

Is the AA a recent release? It's price will be higher, but will drop to above values over time (or lower).

Is the AA an event only monster? It's price will steadily increase, usually. Good investments.

Is the AA the same guild/species as a good A/AA team? It's price is increased some, and may increase further, or decrease. Hard to predict future values. If it fits well into a good A *and* a good AA team, then it will be noticeably worth more.

Does the AA have an especially high attack compared to the other stats? Then it will be worth more, most of the time.

Does the AA have a useless skill? It's price will be lower. Some skills, like Health Up can increase an AA's value.

Is the AA winged? That will add some value. Does the AA have a sweet pic to go along with it? That will increase value a little, depending (alas, the truth is that hot chick AAs are always going to be worth more than they should be).

So as for your deal, you have a Grizel. He will eventually drop in price as more AA teams are available and more Grizels are summoned into the game. Grizel does not have a fantastic skill or attack stat, but is a sin demon and is winged, so I would guess your price estimate of 200-250 is correct (disclaimer: I don't really know).

Tengen: He is an all right AA. He is a sin brute, which isn't great - but he has a very impressive attack stat and a fairly good skill when leveled up (Increase Dodge). There are now 6 Impulse Brute AAs, so Tengen can work very well for an AA team. However, I don't see too many people using Sin AA Brutes, so it may not be worth as much as it should be.

Odin: Similar to Tengen, but worth less. There are 5 Rancor Demon AAs, so he does fit in one team at least. He has quite nice attack for a 30BP AA though (more than 1000 more attack than Grizel at AA+). And a skill that some people value (Impuse Down). But because there isn't a Covert Demon team, there are more Odins out there than AA teams that need him, so his price is somewhat low as a result.

Hallucation is worth ~5, I believe. I've seen them selling cheaper recently, but I would suspect their price to start increasing eventually (event only).

Blue Steel is worth ~25, but its price will also increase eventually (event only).

Gin Cloak is worth ~10, but its price will only drop. It is only a very slight improvement over Blood Blush Vanessa for Psycho Brutes, so it will only be useful for this event. So your 40 EP estimate for the 3 non-AA monsters in the trade is spot on.

Personally, I think the deal is more than fair, especially looking at the projected values of these monsters a couple months from now. But it's not so amazing that you're obligated to accept it.

Also, just to re-iterate my warning: I am not a master of AA values. This is just how I estimate values when I don't know them, and typically it gives a pretty good ballpark value.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by trabic Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Thank you very much for the reasoned and fast response, I know low volume markets are hard to set, but knowing what to look for in a general sense is a big help, your guide is worth much more than any amount of "PC for..." posts.

trabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down