Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knowing when to participate?

3 posters

Go down

Knowing when to participate? Empty Knowing when to participate?

Post by Icyveins Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 am

I mainly wanted to know, how do you know which events to participate in, and which not to. Prime example, last event I participated, but i waited until the last day to get a prog for cheap, and try and get the AA, which i ended up spending 10 for the prog, and 30 ep trying to finish. Now i have some dumb wolf, that I can't get anywhere near the 40 ep i cost me to get.

The question i have, is it safe to say, you need to be high level, with a high ep, and go for the top 300 finish AA?

That seems logical to me, but at the same time it seems wrong that you should either drop a ton of ep on an event, or not play.

Thoughts?
Icyveins
Icyveins

Back to top Go down

Knowing when to participate? Empty Re: Knowing when to participate?

Post by TheFury Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:45 am

Sadly, there usually is no middle ground in these events. Either go all in, or hold back and save up.

First rule is that ranking rewards are practically always better than non-ranking rewards (of which your wolf was one).

Secondly, the fewer AA rewards handed out, the more they are worth (typically).

Third, guessing/knowing the species/skill of the AA reward is huge. It can make the difference between an incredibly valuable and moderately cheap AA. Even if an AA is not useful for you, knowing that it is certainly useful to someone else is important when deciding to enter an event.

Fourthly, don't bother entering an event unless you have easily more than enough EP to rank. I've seen players spend every EP on an event, only to find out a lot of other players pushed hard toward the end of the event and kicked them out of ranking. Having a backup of EP allows you to adapt to situations like that.

Fifthly, consider secondary rewards for the event. These include how much you will level up by spending EP on it, or extra bonuses you get (such as unsummonable summons, or skill Bs, skill spirits, or items you get from the event). Some events offer secondary rewards that are good enough you'll have an incentive to put EP into it even if you don't end up ranking. These are safer bets if you are worried about spending a ton of EP for nothing.

Also remember that there are a good number of players out there now with close to 800 energy (or more). So if you have 400 energy, you'll probably need to spend twice as much EP as they do to rank. If your stats are low, pick an event that doesn't rely on them so much.

Finally, as for your wolf, just hold on to it. It's not great by any means, but it is unsummonable and it is a Covert Beast, so it can have its uses and should increase in price over time. You may not make back the 40 EP, but you can probably make back most of it if you wait long enough.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Icyveins Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 am

Very informative, thanks for taking the time out to write such a lengthy response. I've also heard of people buying skill resets for events, that way they can push hard with the maxiumum gain. I've spoken with several people who actually make real profit off of this game, but when you're talking about buying skills resets just seems like you're investing an awful lot so you BETTER place.
Icyveins
Icyveins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 am

Icyveins wrote:Very informative, thanks for taking the time out to write such a lengthy response. I've also heard of people buying skill resets for events, that way they can push hard with the maxiumum gain. I've spoken with several people who actually make real profit off of this game, but when you're talking about buying skills resets just seems like you're investing an awful lot so you BETTER place.

On the contrary, skill resets can be a cost-effective way to rank. You really need to be a high level for them to be worth it though. You don't need to buy the skill resets themselves - just find someone who was going to buy EP, then offer them a few extra EP if they buy a skill reset instead.

For example, let's say a BP event is coming up, and you are a high level player with 600 energy and 80 battle points. You buy a skill reset for, say, 38 EP - then put everything you can into battle points. That gives you 20 energy and 660 battle points.

You just multiplied the effectiveness of a single battle point potion by over eight fold. So if ranking would have cost you 500 battle potions at 80 BP, it now costs you ~60. You just saved about 400 EP.

Now it's not quite that simple of course, but point is, skill resets can be a really effective way to make the most of your potions. But finding someone to buy them for you can be difficult, and you do have to get to those high levels first.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

Following discussion on this forum will give you a good idea as well. If you had The wheel of fortune attention here, many people were saying the creature raise AA will be 20bp with no skill long before the end of the event so you could have estimated their ep value and whether to spend ep to get it.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down