Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob <------

+2
General Osf
Death Adder
6 posters

Go down

Noob <------ Empty Noob <------

Post by Death Adder Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 am

Hey forum. New guy just looking for some advice. Im haveing a hard time finding any solid informatio pages on dark summoner. For the most part I'm looking for information on what team i need to have as a good PvP slash pve all arounder. But ill get to that. I also wanted to ask how the players run tje auctions. I here people use terms like " banking" and " leave slots open" that i don't understand. There really should be a dark summoner wiki. Ok so on to my team...
I am in guild sin, this is my second day playing and I'm level 24. My team is laid out like this...

Leader: A+ dark elf berserker skill preemptive strike (1) lvl 17

A+ landon skill increase party defense (2) lvl 17

A furnace dragon skill none lvl 33

A pure dark embodiment skill none lvl 11

A crimson lion guardian skill none lvl 9

All are sin and they all seem to be doing ok but I want to advance fast so that's why im asking for addvice. Any other tips tricks or general should know information will be a big help. Thanks.
Death Adder
Death Adder

Back to top Go down

Noob <------ Empty Re: Noob <------

Post by Death Adder Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:38 am

9 views and still no posts:/ did i ask the wrong questions or what?
Death Adder
Death Adder

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 am

Useful Terms:

Banking= When you bid in an auction with no intent to buy, just for the sole purpose of storing monsters or gold. It's a good idea to let the auctioneer know about your intentions.

Leave slot open= When you leave an ally slot open so others can find you using your ID number, useful when trading here at the forum.

Try to get a formation consisting of A+ monsters. This way you get stronger and your monsters gain some value. If you level up your A monsters their value stays about the same as if they were lvl 1.

After that there are some combos you can try like: same species (Brute, Wrym, Beast, Creation), Winged (Brutes or Wrym), same level.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Adder Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 am

General Osf wrote:Useful Terms:

Banking= When you bid in an auction with no intent to buy, just for the sole purpose of storing monsters or gold. It's a good idea to let the auctioneer know about your intentions.

Leave slot open= When you leave an ally slot open so others can find you using your ID number, useful when trading here at the forum.

Try to get a formation consisting of A+ monsters. This way you get stronger and your monsters gain some value. If you level up your A monsters their value stays about the same as if they were lvl 1.

After that there are some combos you can try like: same species (Brute, Wrym, Beast, Creation), Winged (Brutes or Wrym), same level.

Thanks for the information.. very helpfull.
Death Adder
Death Adder

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 am

No, just give it a little time. Most people like to sleep during these hours.

First off, there IS a wiki page for DS. here

There is a lot of good info on there.

First off, what general OSF said, you want to get all A+ monsters, and preferably all from your own guild (sin). Delving deeper into that, you want to go for a 4x combo team. (rarity, guild, level, and species) Even DEEPER into that, you are going to want them all to have skills, and one of which needs to be agility. About which other skills to have in your formation, there is quite a bit of information here or on the wikia site explaining them in a bit of depth.

That being said, there are currently only 3 species for Sin/impulse that have an agility up monster. Those are demon (child of pit), wyrm (nidhogg), and beast (marbas). Within these there are only about 7~10 other monsters that are considered viable, E.G. "competitive"

Of those 3 species, the elite demon formations are by far the most expensive and also the strongest. You can get a good idea on what these formations consist of and the general price by prowling through the top pages of the auctions and searching through the forum.

Sin is generally considered the most expensive guild as there are more sin players than either of the other two, meaning obtaining the viable monsters for whichever team you decide to go for will usually take more time and will generally take more EP (the currency of DS) to trade with other players.

The best way to make your formation more powerful is, once you have one of the monsters you are looking for and have the evolved version, start exlusively leveling that monster till its max at level 70. Keep leveling up your monsters 1 at a time until they are all level 70.

Other random tips:

-don't sell any monsters that you obtain which have a skill. these can be traded, sold to other players for EP, or used to level up your own monsters' skills.

-Be careful when you decide to sacrifice a rank A or above monster to upgrade your other monster's skills, as you might have just sacrificed a monster that is actually worth something. Generally speaking, it is safe (though not all the time) to sacrifice rank A monsters with 15 BP or lower, as most of those monsters have <1 or no EP value.

-The bestiary is your best friend. Check it often.

-Don't worry too much at lower levels trying to rank in events. Just use whatever EP or BP (whichever the event calls for) that you naturally regenerate, as using energy or battle point potions this early on provides marginal benefits until you have accumulated enough skill points through leveling and getting allies.

-This game has a somewhat steep learning curve, though not incredibly steep, as there are quite a few intricacies you will only really learn through time spent playing.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinzengumi Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 am

Save your EPs, BPs and even Monster Limit+s. They are mostly used for trading. Other sub-currencies are gold and raid crystals (crystals you earn when completed a set of certain items, where raid bosses come from).
Shinzengumi
Shinzengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Adder Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 am

Ok great information. Iv been spending every ep and Bp I get trying to do the event and missions. Are there any monsters in my formation I should keep or sell?
Death Adder
Death Adder

Back to top Go down

Post by DS_Melora88 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 am

If you wanted to use what you have, your best bet would probably be a Sin Wyrm team. You could use your ladon, and hopefully evolve your furnace dragon.

You should be on the lookout for niddhog as he's the one with agility. Agility is a crucial skill to have as it makes you attack first and hopefully kill some of their monsters straight away.

Other good Sin Wyrms are Magic Light Dragon, Netherworld Dragon, Ring Dragon, Magma Dragon, possably even Mars Dragon.

Eventually though you would probably want to swap out your Ladon, as there are stronger choices.

DS_Melora88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 am

In my honest opinion, the best move you can make is to not spend EP on events and missions. Save them all up.

Also, in my opinion you can go a long way on just buying enough casts to make a full team. It's cheap, they are AA so go first and that means that even though they are not skilled you have a pretty decent team.

You can probably pick up casts for about 2-3EP each still, so 6+6+6+3+3 =24 EP and you have a team that will kick ass for a while.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down