Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combos vs Skills

+3
JessicaMD
Armitaage
kravix
7 posters

Go down

Combos vs Skills Empty Combos vs Skills

Post by kravix Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:57 am

I am wondering if the benifits of combining the right formation with complimenting skills outweighs maxing out combos.

Would a 5x combo team be more effective than say a 3x/4x combo team that uses Enemy defense down, enemy attack down, party defense up, party attack up, and agility?

kravix

Back to top Go down

Combos vs Skills Empty Re: Combos vs Skills

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:37 am

To put it bluntly, no, a 5 combo team is NOT better than a 3-4 combo team with agi. The higher attack/health of the 5 combo means nothing if you're just a sitting duck, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Agility and combos ARE really important, however I think monster levels and skills are important too!

I use the popular "Psycho Winged Brutes Combo" (WWSP, WWE, WWO, SGQ, Clarissa) which is a Pycho, Rarity, Winged, Brute (4x, don't have level yet) combo which has agility, and I recently lost to a 3x (Impulse, Rarity, Demon) combo without agility (Spite Devil Mage, Devil of Endless Night, Devil of the Abyss, DDD, Paimon); because even though I attacked first, I think all of their monsters were much much much higher level than mine, also I don't remember the exact amounts, but their skills like decrease/increase attack/defense were doing amounts in the 20s range (not the skill level maybe, but "Your monsters defense was decreased by 20-something".
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 pm

I agree, monster levels tend to be more important than agility. Personally, when attacking people, I do check out their records, since my team isn't extremely overpowered. While having an agi 20 monster in your mix might allow you the first strike, it really doesn't help if your first strike does less than 500 damage total(to my maxed leader).

In the later game, of course, everyone is going to have quite a few maxed out monsters, and there, combos and/or skills will start being important.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 pm

JessicaMD wrote:I think all of their monsters were much much much higher level than mine, also I don't remember the exact amounts, but their skills like decrease/increase attack/defense were doing amounts in the 20s range
Right, that's why you lost. Has nothing to do with you going with a winged brute team; it's because you haven't leveled them up yet.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by derpados Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm

It depends on your team and there stats and the team you are against

My friend had amazing sin winged team but would lose to weaker teams with agility since they are lvl'd up it would kill 3-4 before it was his turn.

Vice versa there are no AA's with agility yet they are amazing team with 5 AA's out there.

Sin demon team, covery wyrm team, and pyscho winged brute or demon team are probably best A teams without inserting AA's into them

derpados

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 pm

kravix wrote:I am wondering if the benifits of combining the right formation with complimenting skills outweighs maxing out combos.

Would a 5x combo team be more effective than say a 3x/4x combo team that uses Enemy defense down, enemy attack down, party defense up, party attack up, and agility?

both are important but there are enough combination that gets you both that you don't have to choose. You don't need them to all compliment having 2-3 key skill like agility/attack up/defense down for an attack focus A+ team is enough. The rest could be anything. AA teams are build around very different principles than A+ team. There is no agility and the stats aren't skew towards attack so defense and guild down are the way to go. When maxed and stacked correctly you can render maxed AA+ to doing less than 2k damage. This works particularly well now as there aren't enough AA monsters to build teams with alot of combo like you can with A+ and the combos adds alot to attack so that's the way to go with an A+ team. I haven't try to build a defense focus A+ team but suspect it won't work as well.

Kyan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down