Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction system

5 posters

Go down

Auction system Empty Auction system

Post by Mortium Fri May 11, 2012 5:55 am

Just noticed that the developers are putting together a new auction system. I like the sound of it, but I hope it is easily searchable and not too clunky!
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Auction system Empty Re: Auction system

Post by Gav Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 am

Mortium wrote:Just noticed that the developers are putting together a new auction system. I like the sound of it, but I hope it is easily searchable and not too clunky!

I also like the sound of it. Sick of people pricing things too high. This way they are forced to drop their price until someone is willing to bid.

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by segamatic Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 am

What do you guys think they will use as the auction currency?

Possibilities:

Energy potions - this is what players use. But will the developers be willing to use this as currency?

Gold - way too common. An auction system using this would be pretty useless.

Soul points - this is actual currency the developers sell, to be used in their item shops. I think this might actually be the most likely candidate.

Thoughts?

segamatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Fri May 11, 2012 9:23 am

Unfortunately, the way it is written sounds like it will be some sort of trading system. If it was, it would be utter trash unless very well implemented.

Eps or bps would be best, so long as you could specify the currency type you were seeking.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

Sounds like it will be more of a searchable bulletin board than a true auction. They can't really run an auction in a world without a real currency.

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 am

As suspected,

The auction system sucks.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberator Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 am

The only thing good about auction is you can see every detail of the target monster before start a trade. That is, in case you have already found it among other 200 pages of other monsters without help of functional filter system.

Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Tue May 15, 2012 10:34 am

I just wish that it was a single auction, with it ordered in some way rather than lets charge gold to put it higher up!
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 am

It's a good start, assuming that they realize how much it sucks right now and needs help.

Specifically, it needs the ability to search, and the ability to look for auctions for only a single thing.

Right now, if I want to buy EP, I have to go to the "Items" page, and wade through auctions where a guy has 3 monsters and a raid crystal up in a single auction. That makes it unusable to me.

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down