Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relica (NEW FEATURE) is LIVE!!!

+38
borix
rathmorg
DevilJin6Six6
Mawrg
Rinoa
Maduk
ryesteve
ImVile
clutchjunkie
WorpeX
Vallette
lowkeyb
BlackSliver
South.sin
TreyDobe
Hecatonchyr
Marked0001
Shinzengumi
jimothy_
Roger82
Nightmirror
applesauce
JSOG
JessicaMD
larry378
episparh
B$
faithnomorex
FrankF
NordicAscendant
echoside
Miggy
bbr
sel
Ologolos
p2mc28
DollaBill
Jewelguy
42 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Relica (NEW FEATURE) is LIVE!!! Empty Relica (NEW FEATURE) is LIVE!!!

Post by Jewelguy Thu May 02, 2013 5:14 pm

COMING SOON!!! When you win battles, you will get magic crystals that will be used to craft items called relica that will give special bonuses to your formation such as increased attack power and increased defense power. Relica is available once you reach level 40.

I think it will be interesting and I can't wait!

What do you think about this new crafting feature?

Last edited by Jewelguy on Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Relica (NEW FEATURE) is LIVE!!! Empty Re: Relica (NEW FEATURE) is LIVE!!!

Post by DollaBill Thu May 02, 2013 5:21 pm

I approve of this
DollaBill
DollaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Thu May 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I am excited and can't wait to be let down by poor implementation or creativity!

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Thu May 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Lol p2mc28, you said it.

Please note:
Relica cannot be Gifted, Traded, Auctioned, Sacrificed, Sold, Mutated, Evolved, Borrowed, Deleted, Removed, Equipped on players above level 45, or used on anything other than B-rank Monsters
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by sel Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Good implementation. Makes it interesting to play. It is better to have some improvement/changes rather than no change at all which will makes the game stale if there is none.

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by bbr Thu May 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Ologolos wrote:Lol p2mc28, you said it.

Please note:
Relica cannot be Gifted, Traded, Auctioned, Sacrificed, Sold, Mutated, Evolved, Borrowed, Deleted, Removed, Equipped on players above level 45, or used on anything other than B-rank Monsters

I rather suspect it works like an extra "item slot" for yourself, which boosts all your monsters. Just some fine tuning.

I still rather wish they'd polish the auction shitstem as it is now.
bbr
bbr

Back to top Go down

Post by Miggy Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 pm

In my opinion this sounds like a good idea; something new to make things interesting, but if they make these magic crystals (or the power up items) trade-able then it's just another Blah feature resulting in the elite getting even farther ahead of everyone else... I think they should be like AAA's where only you can use them (thus you have to actually EARN them with your own battles).

my 2 cents study
Miggy
Miggy

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm dubious as to how "good" an idea this is. Like I said, it will depend on how it's implemented.

For instance, say it's an item that gives +10% to a stat you aim for. Then... uh... everyone just gets the stat they want? Feels "meh" to me.

If there are several options, and each has good upside and a slight downside, then perhaps there's some gameplay there. From A might love Crystal Z but Crystal Z might be horrible on Form B. Form B wants Crystal Y!

This feels like it could be the Forgotten Island event. I absolutely loved that event!! Until... all it became was get 5 AAA+ and now you're done. There was no strategy. It was just get the things. All done. So much potential! Imagine how fun it could have been if there were only A->AA, we could store 5 creatures, and we spent our entire time crafting the perfect form, evolving and skilling up, rather than just getting and leveling AAA+ forms. It's like Ateam doesn't understand what "engaging gameplay" is.

Like I said. I can't wait to be disappointed lol!

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 pm

They will only work on A rank monsters, thus solving the obsoletion.

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 pm

The way it's phrased, it seems like they don't directly apply to creatures at all, but rather to your account in some way. In the same manner the Achievement bonus boosts your forms' stats.

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicAscendant Thu May 02, 2013 11:20 pm

And they continue to add new features while ignoring those that need improvement (auction house...)

They will only work on A rank monsters, thus solving the obsoletion.
This would be great. Maybe gameplay would actually be balanced then.
NordicAscendant
NordicAscendant

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Fri May 03, 2013 12:40 am

p2mc28 wrote:I'm dubious as to how "good" an idea this is. Like I said, it will depend on how it's implemented.

For instance, say it's an item that gives +10% to a stat you aim for. Then... uh... everyone just gets the stat they want? Feels "meh" to me.

I'm imagining it will be similar to equipment in Kingdoms at War. From the looks of it, there will be a paper doll than you can outfit with various equipment -- a talisman, a bracelet, a ring, etc. There will likely be multiple items that you can craft for each slot (eventually -- more coming soon!), and you'll have to choose which ones to craft and use. They may not be tradeable. Hopefully, each will have strengths and weaknesses. For example, one might give +10000 to attack and +5000 to defense, whereas another gives +5000 to hp and gives your leader preStrike(N). You might be able to enchant items with more crystals (with a chance of failing the enchantment, of course). The description also says "bonus effects that are exclusive to Relica". Maybe some of the skills that haven't been seen in the game (attack all, soul snatch) will be those exclusives. They have to walk the fine line of making the benefits strong enough to matter but not too strong to imbalance the game. I hope they succeed.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Fri May 03, 2013 2:02 am

Something like that would be awesome. But I'm being cynical and expect a single slot that provides a single stat boost. I am interested in seeing it though!

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Fri May 03, 2013 2:44 am

I'm hoping its not tradeable. Perhaps it is something upgradeable? I.e., with X number of magic crystals, you can upgrade your relica from level 9 to 10. You would have to level each relica (atk, def, hp, etc.) separately, and it would be difficult to max them out (so the weekly battle rankers don't do it in one day).

It could be interesting for a bit. But I imagine whatever it is, a couple months from now it won't make any difference at all.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Fri May 03, 2013 6:23 am

Where is this in game?
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Fri May 03, 2013 6:29 am

Nowhere! Check the event page, there's a small blurb about it.

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 am

I hope they're really time consuming to acquire / level up... give you something to play months and months to achieve.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am

Ologolos wrote:I hope they're really time consuming to acquire / level up... give you something to play months and months to achieve.

It will probably be for free users. Others will simply buy for cash.
episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm

might b nice

my main problem with the concept is the whole crystals earned is based on YOUR bp. They've been doing that recently, and it doesn't seem to make much sense to me...

Surely your winnings should be proportionate to the challenge of the victory I think... Sure the battle system is poorly implemented; but at least there's some clarity of when you beat a superior opponent by way of varying exp, and honor rewards.

My problem with the points based on your bp is that it makes the event less about battling (having a good team etc...) but more about beating the system. such as... hmmm... why dont I just team up all of my high bp As that don't even make a real formation and go around hitting all the people who quit.

My two cents?
Honor Points would be an excellent currency for the crystals, or perhaps special items which are otherwise unobtainable.
Once again; say what you want about the battle system being bad etc... But there's at least some semblance of hierarchy and advancement with the ranking system.

It would be a great way to implement some highly desirable items that require batch purchases

completely hypothetical example below:

let's say your standard relic item lets call it item1
now your high tier standard relic item lets call it item2
item1 and item2 obtainable by crystals

Now let's consider honor point standard relic item item3
mid tier item5
and honor point high tier relic item item5

item1 gives 2/2/2 boost to all stats or +8 to 1 stat; costs X crystals
item2 gives 4/4/4 boost to all stats or +15 to 1 stat; costs X*10 crystals

item3 gives 5/5/5 boost to all stats or +18 to 1 stat; costs 20k honor points
item4 gives 6/6/6 boost to all stats or +20 to 1 stat; costs 35k honor points
item4 gives 8/8/8 boost to all stats or +30 to 1 stat; costs 50k honor points

etc.... so to get the really overpowered items you need to make a serious time commitment to climb the rankings; also it MUST be a batch purchase. so it's not doing 50k worth of 25pt battles, it's getting to 50k total and exchanging (it will be impossible to maintain 25/battle the higher you get because you will literally run out of people to attack)

any lesser increments of honor should be tradable in a somewhat soul point:cash ration; more honor points = better crystal ratio; but you need to save up to those threshold amounts to the get non-crystal obtainable relics.

oh, yeah, and when you spend your honor points; they're gone forever; so sure, you're not ranked anymore, but now you have a legitimate shot at competing at weekly tourney (i.e. trying to do weekly battle ranking when you're already page 1 overall ranked is next to impossible unless you spend truly prodigious amounts of bp), as well as a relatively exclusive boost which the vast majority of people will not have access to; which I would certainly consider worth it. Also the boost shouldn't be unreasonable. I'm all for it being marginally better than anything conventionally achievable though as getting the good ones will literally require a long term commitment to battling every day (i.e. battling "every day" for basically since I started playing has netted 38k honor points) OR spending a ton of BP.

anyways, this sounds like an interesting addition, and I look forward to seeing how they screw it up ahem I mean implement it Razz
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri May 03, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm excited for this update! I hope they have some interaction between relics like they do between monsters in a formation. so if you have like 5 slots you can put relics in, they can have combos like the monsters do! for example since all the preview pictures look like faaaaaabulous accessories you can match maybe silver ones, or gold ones, or ones with rubies, or emeralds, or sapphires and those give some benefits like combos beyond the standard relic effect! And instead of species, they can have styles! like there would be a bunch of Art Nouveau accessories with different materials and gems, and a bunch of Art Deco accessories, Contemporary, Edwardian, Georgian, etc etc I think this update has a TON of potential! I can't wait!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm

JessicaMD wrote:the preview pictures look like faaaaaabulous accessories you can match maybe silver ones, or gold ones, or ones with rubies, or emeralds, or sapphires and those give some benefits like combos beyond the standard relic effect!

I'm thinking "Guild clash penalty"... if you choose a ruby pendant and your guild is covert, you get a penalty for your clashing accessories... atk down 50%, def down 50%. Purple sock relica with your standard issue Sin sandals? Account banned. lol
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Fri May 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Ologolos wrote:Purple sock relica with your standard issue Sin sandals? Account banned. lol

I lol'd xD

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by JSOG Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Once you use them, they are gone. Then you need to buy more bp to get more. That's what your going to get. A-team is about making money folks. Let's not forget that. This is just going to be another way to make people spend for better stuff. I guarantee it poop

JSOG

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

JSOG wrote:Once you use them, they are gone. Then you need to buy more bp to get more. That's what your going to get. A-team is about making money folks. Let's not forget that. This is just going to be another way to make people spend for better stuff. I guarantee it poop

that wouldnt make any sense, who would spend money so they can get a bonus for a single battle? not like you can win anything from battles except 30k gold at most.

im thinking the relics are like clan bonuses, except instead of gold u need crystals to improve, get 2% to various stats initially but to max it to 10% you'll need alot of crystals
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmirror Sun May 05, 2013 12:52 am

It's cool we get to have some customization with our actual summoner now. About the crystals earned being based on your BP: I think it's okay and seems like the simple way of doing it, because if your BP consumed is less you'll be able to battle more anyway. Maybe this could make high BP A formations more useful too but I'm not sure because of the BP being consumed less that I just mentioned.
Nightmirror
Nightmirror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next