Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health up? or Impulse down?

+5
ryesteve
Grendel
applesauce
Miggy
Jezebel Demonshire
9 posters

Go down

Health up? or Impulse down? Empty Health up? or Impulse down?

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Which is better if you had to choose between them?
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Health up? or Impulse down? Empty Re: Health up? or Impulse down?

Post by Miggy Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Just my opinion here... as i'm not entirely sure which skill is more rare.

Health up is really good for def, and can come in handy for attacking too if your unable to kill them in first round. (plus i think its easier to obtain than Impulse down.)

Impulse down (if you max it/get it high) will destroy your enemy's, but you will be limited to attacking sin only. This skill is bad for def because it only works on sin teams, and i think its more rare/harder to skill.

IMO Health up is more valuable than impulse down since it benefits you vs. 100% of enemy's whereas impulse down is only 50%(sin).
Miggy
Miggy

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm

AA? A?
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Grendel Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I am totally on Miggy's side here, but I would not say Impulse Down is 50% it is even lower, since it's possible that someone is using a form made with monsters from your own guild.

And there are some mixed Guild Forms out too.

Grendel

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:34 am

Why does the choice have to be imp down or health up? What's in the other 4 slots?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

The general consensus seems to be that Health Up is the "Agility of AA+ Teams". With 100k+ health teams, it's no surprise that Health Up is quite strong, and it is recommended for both attack and defense.

And as a covert player, I like having Imp Down. I was a long time user of the 5x combo wyrm team (with imp down and demon down) and got used to farming those all too common A+ demon teams. I've just now instead adjusted to attacking Sin teams near exclusively. They make up 3/4 of the battle page half the time anyway.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by logosdad Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm

faithnomorex wrote:The general consensus seems to be that Health Up is the "Agility of AA+ Teams". With 100k+ health teams, it's no surprise that Health Up is quite strong, and it is recommended for both attack and defense.

And as a covert player, I like having Imp Down. I was a long time user of the 5x combo wyrm team (with imp down and demon down) and got used to farming those all too common A+ demon teams. I've just now instead adjusted to attacking Sin teams near exclusively. They make up 3/4 of the battle page half the time anyway.

Faith, interesting take...coming from a fairly low level Sin player (A+m Sin Demon, 4x team), how should I combat, well, you? I've added a Foul Fusion +m (4) to replace my weakest A+ demon. Along with agility (17) & Covert Down (eight), I feel like I'm in decent shape to defend a bit better. Attack is still my priority at this level, but I hate getting farmed so I'm hoping that may help...

logosdad

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 pm

logosdad wrote:
faithnomorex wrote:The general consensus seems to be that Health Up is the "Agility of AA+ Teams". With 100k+ health teams, it's no surprise that Health Up is quite strong, and it is recommended for both attack and defense.

Faith, interesting take...coming from a fairly low level Sin player (A+m Sin Demon, 4x team), how should I combat, well, you? I've added a Foul Fusion +m (4) to replace my weakest A+ demon. Along with agility (17) & Covert Down (eight), I feel like I'm in decent shape to defend a bit better. Attack is still my priority at this level, but I hate getting farmed so I'm hoping that may help...

unless u left a link on someones wall, u cant get farmed anymore
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

logosdad wrote:Faith, interesting take...coming from a fairly low level Sin player (A+m Sin Demon, 4x team), how should I combat, well, you? I've added a Foul Fusion +m (4) to replace my weakest A+ demon. Along with agility (17) & Covert Down (eight), I feel like I'm in decent shape to defend a bit better. Attack is still my priority at this level, but I hate getting farmed so I'm hoping that may help...

The wyrm team has about 60k attack before IPA. I haven't used it much since Foul was added, but fighting teams like Pit, Balrog, Kagu, Cannonfire, Hellfield with all max skills, the wyrm still won just about every fight. Should a team with Demon and Imp Down at skill 20 attack first, there's probably not much you can do about it.

I wouldn't be too concerned though. Getting agi to 20 will knock at most of your low-level competition. For those with 20 agility that do get to attack first, I highly doubt that they would have Demon Down and Impulse Down at a high enough level to truly be unbeatable.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by sel Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 am

Impulse down has its uses.

Health has its uses.

It all depend what you want for it. This is like comparing apple and oranges. Both skill are useful and neither is weak. Why?

Just say if you use health skill in ur form and lose to sin formation. Are u saying Impulse dwn sux?

vice versa using Impulse Dwn skill in your form and lose to non-sin Formation because insufficient health.

Rememebr the portion of Sin player is way greater than the two other guild. Like I said it is like comparing apple and oranges.

IMO, Health skill is good skill to use because I just want to make my leader as a tank.

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:16 pm

health up > imp down

health up will simply come into play more often than impulse down

however, having both simultaneously is quite devastating against an impulse player.

I know for a fact that with my form; 97/80/80 when attacking I can beat a team with health up(20) OR imp down(20) but will guaranteed (short of rng shenanigans) lose against a team with BOTH(20) (this is all assuming they have the other three slots filled with 'basic skills'(20) ipd/dea/ipa/ded)

this may be unique to my particular situation in that I am using a "low-skill/high-attack" form with only 3 skills (ipd/dea/ded) but a decent innate attack modifier due to species and wings (which have become slightly less common in the mid-tier AA bracket due to the recent release of plenty of varied species skilled species critters which have made GUILD AA combos popular, as opposed to species/winged AA combo which I am using).

Anyways, if you can get both; do!
imp down is without a doubt the best 'down' because of the disproportionately large amount of impulse players compared to psy and cov.

Both cost about the same to max; you'll be using sos/+ for most of the way (since sos has dropped low enough to be practically price analogous with imp down and hpup stacks [arguably much cheaper if you consider stack-fail rates])

However, if you can only get one (i.e. you already have the 4 basic skills) you should go for health.

Or, if you can only afford one at the moment; you should go for health first.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

larry378 wrote:health up > imp down

health up will simply come into play more often than impulse down

however, having both simultaneously is quite devastating against an impulse player.

I know for a fact that with my form; 97/80/80 when attacking I can beat a team with health up(20) OR imp down(20) but will guaranteed (short of rng shenanigans) lose against a team with BOTH(20) (this is all assuming they have the other three slots filled with 'basic skills'(20) ipd/dea/ipa/ded)

incidentally thats what my team is lol, except i also have demon down, should win atking or defending against sin demons, my mary being ded
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down