Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring my account to a new phone

2 posters

Go down

Transferring my account to a new phone Empty Transferring my account to a new phone

Post by Jefffurry Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 pm

I currently have two Dark Summoner "accounts", one on my android phone, and one on my android tablet. Both are associated with the same email address.

I just purchased a new phone (Samsung Note II), and when I set it up, it automatically installed all my google play apps, including Dark Summoner. So far, so good.

When I ran Dark Summoner, it even recognized me (from my email?) and automatically associated my new device with my account. Trouble is, it associated it with the wrong account (tablet, not phone).

I have tried deleting the game data from my device (including cache data), and even uninstalling and re-installing, and it keeps coming up with the tablet account. I can't even clear it out to start a new account!

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions about how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

-- Jeff

Jefffurry

Back to top Go down

Transferring my account to a new phone Empty Re: Transferring my account to a new phone

Post by Shinzengumi Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Factory reset the device. Use a different email.
Shinzengumi
Shinzengumi

Back to top Go down

Transferring my account to a new phone Empty Re: Transferring my account to a new phone

Post by Jefffurry Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm also trying to use my old phone as a stand-alone android device, using only wifi. I put it in Airplane Mode to disable the cellular service, and most of my apps seem to work just fine.

However, Dark Summoner does NOT work. When I start DS, I get the opening animation, then a "Data transmission failed. Please reconnect and try again later." error.

Jefffurry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jefffurry Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Shinzengumi wrote:Factory reset the device. Use a different email.

So you've removed the ability to change the installed ID, unless the associated email is not associated with an account?

If I use a different email, will I still be able to get the account from my old phone, and will it still come up after I change my email back to the correct one?

Finally, is there a way to change the email associated with a particular account. There don't seem to be any settings like that in DS.

Jefffurry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jefffurry Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Shinzengumi wrote:Factory reset the device. Use a different email.

Shinzengumi, thank you for the email suggestion. I did that, and with the new email, I was able to successfully transfer the account from my old phone to my new phone.

Thank you very much for your help.

Now all I have to do is get my old phone to behave like a non-phone android device. Cyanogenmod, here I come!

-- Jeff

Jefffurry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinzengumi Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 am

Glad of help. Keep on summoning!

Thread locked.
Shinzengumi
Shinzengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down