Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)?

+11
Dark Impact
Xoct
Deathblob
Flying Dagger
larry378
Bender214
LeadWing85
bacsiha
Ripshard
Cathias
Marked0001
15 posters

Go down

Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)? Empty Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)?

Post by Marked0001 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 pm

My little WTF moment for today. I really haven't paid attention that closely, but I saw an auction for a lv.2 sleep spirit+ today that had a (20) skill. Do they come like that, or was someone just really bored?

Marked0001

Back to top Go down

Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)? Empty Re: Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)?

Post by Cathias Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

someone was just bored lol
Cathias
Cathias

Back to top Go down

Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)? Empty Re: Sleep spirit + Slumbering Breath(20)?

Post by Ripshard Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

When you sac it you only get the skill correct. Seems like a huge waste.

Ripshard

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

not a huge waste to me
because slumbering breath is worst more than no skill Laughing

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by LeadWing85 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

slumber has a bad wrap

in my opinion the worst skill is lightning.

slumber can actually be very usefull if utilized correctly. if you have a slumber skill monster, you should put it last in your formation line-up (bottom of formation line up) this way he goes after all your other monsters have, and hell put an anemy asleep for the enemys turn. thereby letting one less monster atk you on enemys turn.

also, slumber(20) puts an enemy monster asleep for the entire battle, regardless of if the sleeping monster is atked. making a 5VS4 battle.

not saying its the most boss skill, just saying i dont understand why it is so underrated while everyne drools over lighting, which is a REAL waste of a turn and/or skill.
LeadWing85
LeadWing85

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

I used to agree on lightning, but with SoS out my opinion has changed until they "rebalance" the skills.

Have you fought lightning (20) yet? (O.o)

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

LeadWing85 wrote:slumber has a bad wrap

in my opinion the worst skill is lightning.

slumber can actually be very usefull if utilized correctly. if you have a slumber skill monster, you should put it last in your formation line-up (bottom of formation line up) this way he goes after all your other monsters have, and hell put an anemy asleep for the enemys turn. thereby letting one less monster atk you on enemys turn.

also, slumber(20) puts an enemy monster asleep for the entire battle, regardless of if the sleeping monster is atked. making a 5VS4 battle.

not saying its the most boss skill, just saying i dont understand why it is so underrated while everyne drools over lighting, which is a REAL waste of a turn and/or skill.

well, the problem with slumber is that it doesn't last for the entire battle... the last slumber(20) i fought put one of my monsters to sleep for 2 or 3 rounds.

lightning is admittedly overrated, but since it is abundant enough to be maxed, AND scales with attack, putting CL(20) on a high attack (11k+) AA+ can be pretty devastating, although I absolutely think that all those random A monsters with CL(1) or 2 are a complete joke; and are usually worse than the regular skill
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Dagger Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm

I never fought with slumbering in my party. Does it at least deal damage while making an opponent monster sleep?
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:06 pm

It doesn't do damage. Back when I was a noob (last week Smile and was running around with a naga in my form, I saw the naga would slumbering breath an opposing monster, doing no damage. Then it would immediately attack the same monster, waking it up. Maybe b/c I'm targeting lowest HP?
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoct Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 am

LeadWing85 wrote:

That's interesting, I'm SORT of surprised that it is not being used more for this tactic o:
Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by Bender214 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 am

I used it in that manner on a crimson lion in a sin beast team. And the reason I think it still sucks is that it occupies a spot that a good skill could be in. Such as IPA or DED. Sure, I put a monster asleep for a round, as most tactics will Target the sleeping card first the next round, but I did crap for damage, bcuz of the lacking skills.

Bender214

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 am

i had a crim lion with slumber haha

but I don't think celestial is useless, I realize I'm sort of alone on that in this forum heh

but I think it's nice because I absolutely hate when I waste a turn on a monster with .0001 hp left. It's nice to completely lower the possibility of that at the start on every monster, makes for a (at least when facing A+ teams if you go first) guaranteed 4 kills usually, and then the last one can't really do anything...

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Probably not the best place to ask, but since it is on-topic, would anyone be interested in a Witch(20)?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by raven10732 Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Bender214 wrote:I used to agree on lightning, but with SoS out my opinion has changed until they "rebalance" the skills.

I have. Somebody with a 5 AA form had it as his leader. It hit all my monsters for about... 6000 each I think? Given I'm running the 4x combo AA+ wyrm form, it actually ended up killing nobody. The monster (Essa) could have finished off one of my guys, but instead injured them all. Ended up winning that battle more easily than when he switched back to a different monster. C (20) is still pretty useless.

raven10732

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Sssshhhh... I'm hoping to sell my skill souls in a couple months for gigantic profits...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 pm

raven10732 wrote:
Bender214 wrote:I used to agree on lightning, but with SoS out my opinion has changed until they "rebalance" the skills.

I have. Somebody with a 5 AA form had it as his leader. It hit all my monsters for about... 6000 each I think? Given I'm running the 4x combo AA+ wyrm form, it actually ended up killing nobody. The monster (Essa) could have finished off one of my guys, but instead injured them all. Ended up winning that battle more easily than when he switched back to a different monster. C (20) is still pretty useless.

Have you fought anyone with 5 CL(20)?

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm

faithnomorex wrote:

Have you fought anyone with 5 CL(20)?

I have... i immediately crapped my pants and then clicked the "Skip" button, so as not to witness the carnage that would soon ensue. I don't think my poor Naga Reg would have stood a chance.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down