Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom tower mysterious portals?

+23
DarkShinigami
about2punt
minikoo
Lumais
noone
Wrath
Udo
Xercen
UnderGround
rekt
Austinjt126
Valloth
Machine213
Scouted
Zamiel
Rampage
segamatic
Madcap
Mav
Drag0n
kickmouz
JinkoNeko
Jusϯίcε
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Phantom tower mysterious portals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Phantom tower mysterious portals?

Post by UnderGround Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm

JimmyDick wrote:@dragon - you get rank A summon Up to position 2500.

@anyone even close to top 200 - you're likely bein passed by people using pots. Not portals. So chill out. Last few days people are going to grind hard. First mistake was assuming you'd be okay before the event was over..

what do u mean by getting rank A summon up to position 2500?

u mean up to 2500 floors? or rank? what?
UnderGround
UnderGround

Back to top Go down

Phantom tower mysterious portals? - Page 3 Empty .

Post by JimmyDick Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Rank. Event home>ranking rewards

JimmyDick

Back to top Go down

Phantom tower mysterious portals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Phantom tower mysterious portals?

Post by Haji Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Well .. I am not an old player to this game, just not enough time for me to bank up enough eps for this event anyway.

So I'm still at lower lvl floors, yesterday was at 205, hitted 50, then 100, now at 358 floors : )

I am not intended to go to high ranking in this event, just trying to trade my way ahead, and earn some advantages from the events.

Here are just a few opinions about trading, pro players may not agree with that though. And if you think you're too pro to read a newbie's opinion, please stop reading this.

Assumptions:
1. exclude players who buy soul points in this discussion
2. everyone starts with a B+ (with shit luck)
3. No scamming or rip off
4. High lvl players usually have higher bargaining power (longer time to acquire eps)

Facts:
1. Luck is important (the game is not all about luck, but it is important, imagine those super lucky one who get an AA from DS or at least 1-2 rare As, they got much better bargain chips.)

2. Limited capital:
Low lvl players do not have much eps, (most start with 3?), so even they send time to do research and trades... or do missions for lords, and trade them with "Reasonable price".. most of the low lvl lords only worth 1 to 3 eps? even maxed A+ (don't ask me how to max one when you're low lvl and don't have enough money or sacrifice), it may only worthes 4-5 at most? (kind of overpriced)
So i guess lower lvl player with fair trading skills can only manage to acquire 10 eps at most before the event.

Market Situtaion:
1.Supply of rare monsters is weak, chance on getting them through summon is low.
2.Higher lvl players have more eps on hand, high buying power, and vise versa for low lvl players
3.Only lucky players have rare monsters supplies
4. lucky players approach other players and sell their stuffs.
5. Higher lvl players win, cause higher bid...
6. Rare monsters fall into high lvl players' hands, they start trading with each other, and some of them loss most of their wealth & rage quit
7.low lvl players still got low ep rate and shit monsters with no bargainning power... (probably lots of shit lords...and high lvl won't even give a shit on trading lords)
8.Left over high lvl players became "Rich players" and play the game like Monopoly and own highest proportion of good cards on hand
i.) became main source of supply
ii.)rich people remains high bargaining power or even increase on bargaining power
iii.) poor hardly get into the market, cause they only got shit lords
9. Rich people set up branch marks for price betweem themselves, poor people have to follow the price (no sources on trading)
10. Lucky people still approaching rich people only, since poor people is still poor or even more poor.

Conclusion:

Low lvl players go rip the low lvl but lucky players off!!! or run multiple accounts, so you can get bargaining power and start trading!!

High lvl players can stick with their same plan... cause you know what you're doing, and you know how you did that...

Ateam is a bunch of greedy developers...

(I know these are some pretty shit conclusions)

All these are just my own opinions, not intend to offense anyone, and I apologise to any inconvenience causes by my ideas.

Haji

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Just got a warp portal for 30 floors at floor 2210 Very Happy
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scouted Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Vorpal wrote:Just got a warp portal for 30 floors at floor 2210 Very Happy
Lucky! I would KILL for a 100 floor warp right now. >.<'
Scouted
Scouted

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 pm

me too.. im rank 1028... crossing fingers for magic 1000 Very Happy
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by UnderGround Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Haji wrote:Well .. I am not an old player to this game, just not enough time for me to bank up enough eps for this event anyway.

So I'm still at lower lvl floors, yesterday was at 205, hitted 50, then 100, now at 358 floors : )

I am not intended to go to high ranking in this event, just trying to trade my way ahead, and earn some advantages from the events.

Here are just a few opinions about trading, pro players may not agree with that though. And if you think you're too pro to read a newbie's opinion, please stop reading this.

Assumptions:
1. exclude players who buy soul points in this discussion
2. everyone starts with a B+ (with shit luck)
3. No scamming or rip off
4. High lvl players usually have higher bargaining power (longer time to acquire eps)

Facts:
1. Luck is important (the game is not all about luck, but it is important, imagine those super lucky one who get an AA from DS or at least 1-2 rare As, they got much better bargain chips.)

2. Limited capital:
Low lvl players do not have much eps, (most start with 3?), so even they send time to do research and trades... or do missions for lords, and trade them with "Reasonable price".. most of the low lvl lords only worth 1 to 3 eps? even maxed A+ (don't ask me how to max one when you're low lvl and don't have enough money or sacrifice), it may only worthes 4-5 at most? (kind of overpriced)
So i guess lower lvl player with fair trading skills can only manage to acquire 10 eps at most before the event.

Market Situtaion:
1.Supply of rare monsters is weak, chance on getting them through summon is low.
2.Higher lvl players have more eps on hand, high buying power, and vise versa for low lvl players
3.Only lucky players have rare monsters supplies
4. lucky players approach other players and sell their stuffs.
5. Higher lvl players win, cause higher bid...
6. Rare monsters fall into high lvl players' hands, they start trading with each other, and some of them loss most of their wealth & rage quit
7.low lvl players still got low ep rate and shit monsters with no bargainning power... (probably lots of shit lords...and high lvl won't even give a shit on trading lords)
8.Left over high lvl players became "Rich players" and play the game like Monopoly and own highest proportion of good cards on hand
i.) became main source of supply
ii.)rich people remains high bargaining power or even increase on bargaining power
iii.) poor hardly get into the market, cause they only got shit lords
9. Rich people set up branch marks for price betweem themselves, poor people have to follow the price (no sources on trading)
10. Lucky people still approaching rich people only, since poor people is still poor or even more poor.

Conclusion:

Low lvl players go rip the low lvl but lucky players off!!! or run multiple accounts, so you can get bargaining power and start trading!!

High lvl players can stick with their same plan... cause you know what you're doing, and you know how you did that...

Ateam is a bunch of greedy developers...

(I know these are some pretty shit conclusions)

All these are just my own opinions, not intend to offense anyone, and I apologise to any inconvenience causes by my ideas.

well, just for the heck of it i kinda agree and disagree on ur opinion

we, all high level players, were once low level noobs and we had to go through the hard time getting good monsters and some experiments too u know? (except rich ppl)

and for this event, u dont really have to go for high rank and u can still get 2 A monsters from this and pots saving that up to next event or so.

and that A monsters u got from this event can trade for goods getting u ready for coming event or later on.

UnderGround
UnderGround

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm

I think the point he is trying to make is that the event favors those that are already strong.. if you are offering up the most powerful monster to date then i agree that you should make it possible for all manner of players at least have a chance of getting it. Now we all know that the top end players have traded hard and earnt their spot and it would be frustrating to see a brand new player hit it up bigtime with a gimme.. but on the other hand why should th enoobs be suppressed even lower by being given virtually no chance at all (could always pum a few thousand $$ into it .. yea right) of getting something decent.. After all the noobs cant even get into the good monster market without insane luck at the dark summon, all the vets (and me included) are not going to let their monsters go unless they are getting the better end of the deal.. and they are the ones with the good stuff. Anyways before i keep going with this gibberish crap i will stop but i think u get the idea about what im crapping on about.. meh
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by UnderGround Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Drag0n wrote:I think the point he is trying to make is that the event favors those that are already strong.. if you are offering up the most powerful monster to date then i agree that you should make it possible for all manner of players at least have a chance of getting it. Now we all know that the top end players have traded hard and earnt their spot and it would be frustrating to see a brand new player hit it up bigtime with a gimme.. but on the other hand why should th enoobs be suppressed even lower by being given virtually no chance at all (could always pum a few thousand $$ into it .. yea right) of getting something decent.. After all the noobs cant even get into the good monster market without insane luck at the dark summon, all the vets (and me included) are not going to let their monsters go unless they are getting the better end of the deal.. and they are the ones with the good stuff. Anyways before i keep going with this gibberish crap i will stop but i think u get the idea about what im crapping on about.. meh

yeh more like if irl has sudden marathon event and the prize is $200k. ofcuz weak ppl or who barely run will most likely never beat ppl who train every day.
but as the time goes by if u train after that and u will get better and better. so its like this game, takes time to build ur good formation and collect stuffs

and ya Ateam need to put higher chance of getting A rank monster from dark summon not like B/B+ craps -.-
UnderGround
UnderGround

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 am

Drag0n wrote:I think the point he is trying to make is that the event favors those that are already strong.. if you are offering up the most powerful monster to date then i agree that you should make it possible for all manner of players at least have a chance of getting it. Now we all know that the top end players have traded hard and earnt their spot and it would be frustrating to see a brand new player hit it up bigtime with a gimme.. but on the other hand why should th enoobs be suppressed even lower by being given virtually no chance at all (could always pum a few thousand $$ into it .. yea right) of getting something decent.. After all the noobs cant even get into the good monster market without insane luck at the dark summon, all the vets (and me included) are not going to let their monsters go unless they are getting the better end of the deal.. and they are the ones with the good stuff. Anyways before i keep going with this gibberish crap i will stop but i think u get the idea about what im crapping on about.. meh

Point is, none of these events they have ever had so far recently are geared towards low level and new players. Those guys do not fit the equation period. The players who have played longer knew enough to prepare somewhat for this event after seeing the last orb one. Thus those who have done so have the funds ready. Those who also got lucky with the summon packs made nice trades for profit which nets more profit. Etc. Fairness for new players is like trying to give money to the unemployed who choose not to work rather than cant. We spent time playing, getting to know the game, and spending time to understand the trends of trades and how the events are. They should do the same. This portal crap is like handing out charity to ppl who are too lazy and complain to the government for handouts cause their tummy aches too much to go find a job.

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:36 am

yea i see your point.. but still if they are going to get anywhere they need some chance.. while the top, lets say 100 players, skyrocket even further ahead. There still does need to be some kind of equalizing factor that allows some kind of chance.. like stated earlier now that the game is more readily played increase the drop rate of A monsters from a DS... no longer are B/B+ tradeable for anything they are the new fodder really.
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Scouted Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:42 am

Just a minor update, for those that are curious to see about where the 200 cutoff is.

Was rank 233 at ~2100 yesterday.
Managed to sell the last of my spare monsters and battle potions for 32 energy potions, which sent me up to floor 2404, no portals.

I'm rank 228 at 2404.

So I guess I either underestimated everyone's ability to pull $30 in energy out of their asses, or the 27 people ahead of me got good portals. Either way I'm still discouraged.
Scouted
Scouted

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 am

ouch that hurts.. Im rank 924 =D hoping that 76 overtake me and i luck into that AA =D
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Scouted Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:56 am

Drag0n wrote:ouch that hurts.. Im rank 924 =D hoping that 76 overtake me and i luck into that AA =D
Here's hoping that I magically fall back into 500, even though it's super unlikely. =P
Scouted
Scouted

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:11 am

lmao BUY BUY BUY people behind us lol
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Auren Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 am

I wonder how many people are going to rage quit the game because "bullshit warp portals" screwed them out of the top 200 when it wasn't even the warp portals at fault. I don't know about you but, were I in a position to make the top 200 I would absolutely be waiting until today, after the last rank update before making my final push. Specifically for 3 reasons, 1) I'm confident some will underestimate how hard people are going to push on the final day and end up ranking out of the top, 2) there will likely be others who are simply complacent and don't realize their ranking isn't safe, and 3) if I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off I could opt to cut my losses and wait for the next event\maybe trying to trade for an AA instead. Especially since people are being very free with their ranking/floor recently(not to mention your ally list).

Auren

Back to top Go down

Post by Scouted Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Auren wrote:-snip-

Portals should have been in from the start. Everyone in the top 200 had already burned through tons of energy by the time they were randomly added in, because it was just a matter of gaining ground. That and the random factor of the portals makes the energy you used earlier a huge waste.
Scouted
Scouted

Back to top Go down

Post by rekt Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 pm

i stopped getting warp portals once i hit floor 2000

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by UnderGround Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Scouted wrote:
Auren wrote:-snip-

Portals should have been in from the start. Everyone in the top 200 had already burned through tons of energy by the time they were randomly added in, because it was just a matter of gaining ground. That and the random factor of the portals makes the energy you used earlier a huge waste.

well if u hit 2600 floor u will see that it IS HARD to just pass throu 1 floor

even x6 progression only gives u 12% each time per floor and it requires 18 energy

i have 410 enegy at lvl 71 right now and it takes me only couple floors from my full energy

not to mention for ppl who get warp portal like 30-100 floor on 2600+ ahead will really fk this up so bad
UnderGround
UnderGround

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3