Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test of the Support Team

+2
Drag0n
Dewmy
6 posters

Go down

Test of the Support Team Empty Test of the Support Team

Post by Dewmy Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:12 am

And now we sit back and wait to see if the support team even cares about the players of their game. Following is a letter that I sent to them, in hopes of seeing any sort of positive change. We'll see if they respond to it.

Dewmy

Back to top Go down

Test of the Support Team Empty Re: Test of the Support Team

Post by Dewmy Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:12 am

I am writing this with the best intentions to save a game I enjoy. There are many items right now which lead to a non-sustainable game environment, and a shrinking player base. I understand that you may only care about the short term profits, after which you just turn off the servers and move on to your next cash farm, but I can hope that you care about your creation a little bit more than that, and it is with that hope I write this letter.
Players being allowed to change their name is perhaps the worst thing you can do for a game if you wish for people to be accountable for their actions. If someone is able to take advantage of an individual, then turn around and delete all communications, change their name so they can't be searched out, and rely on a platform of non-involvement from the creators and developers, you'll continue to get players quitting after scams and bad deals, from which there is currently no closure. The community can't even protect itself, because the offender just takes on a new identity and carries on with their actions. Especially if you wish to try and force some accountability by not allowing players to restart accounts, name changes are a bad plan.
Also, if you wish to prevent some of the scams and poor sportsmanship going on in regards to trades, you need a better setup for trading to take place in. Which I admit, you say you're working on, and you may have something fantastic coming to us, but until it happens, I know there is a growing number of players who will simply refuse to trade with anyone they don't know personally.
Furthermore, and this is a design flaw if a game wishes to live for a long period, but great design if all you're trying to do is make a lot of money fast and leave. Stat inflation will not keep your player base. Long term players don't want bigger better faster now. They want their efforts toward a team to mean something for more than the week until the next patch. They want new uses for their old monsters, and they want some guarantee that their time isn't being wasted on anything less than an AA, which 99.5% of players will never see.
So my apologies for being long winded, I really do just want to see the game improved, because the direction it's headed right now looks pretty bleak for the loyal players from those first uncertain weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to read my submission, I appreciate any efforts that are made to remedy some of the issues the game currently has.

Sincerely, Dewmy, Summoner of Tyranny

Dewmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewmy Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:15 am

Hello and thank you for your email.

To assist players quickly with common topics and questions we receive frequently, a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page has been added to the game's website:

http://www.darksummoner.com/faq.html
(※ Viewable with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers)

We will also try to keep FAQ content up-to-date within the game's Help section. If you sent us a question that is covered by this FAQ, there is a chance you may not hear back from us directly. We hope you understand.

Also, the team will need to use your in-game PLAYER NAME and PLAYER ID (displayed on the in-game Profile screen) to check player data history, so please include this information within every email sent to us. Please note that inquiry correspondence may take up to a few days on weekends and Japanese holidays.

Thank you.
- Ateam Support

This is their automated response. It really gets me, because even the CREATORS OF THE GAME need your player ID, because they can't rely on a name to still be accurate when they get around to investigating an issue.

Dewmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 am

i had problems in the early days of the game too.. still waiting on a response
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 am

Why don't we also send them a message about the fact that COMBOS DON'T WORK?
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 am

lol send.. dont send.. no diff lol nothing happens
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewmy Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:44 am

Here's the thing though.
Do send: MIGHT not reply.
Don't send: WON'T reply.
I'll take 10 minutes of my day to say I tried.

Dewmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosomono Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 am

Kudos, couldn't have handled it better if I had tried. Cool
Yosomono
Yosomono

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:14 am

Test of the Support Team Img_1210

Smile