Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playstation/samsung question (another tech support thread by yours truly) RESOLVED

Go down

playstation/samsung question (another tech support thread by yours truly) RESOLVED Empty playstation/samsung question (another tech support thread by yours truly) RESOLVED

Post by larry378 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:55 pm

TLDR 1: can I still watch netflix on playstation after the new one comes out?
TLDR 2: if TLDR 1 = no, how do I make a samsung 3d bluray smartTV box display subtitles with netflix
TLDR 3: it TLDR 1 & 2 = idk or no, what is an email address I can contact sony with to have this question answered (an email address appropriate for a query of this nature, that will likely result in a response; i.e. I don't want junkmail@sony.com or something)

hello! I have a little question which any playstation owners or sony employees could possibly help answer.

I have a playstation.

I also have a samsung blu-ray 3d smart tv box which does a bunch of stuff but none of it particularly well (I don't know the particular product designation off the top of my head; can't flip it over because i'm at work right now, and it's mainly been collecting dust for the past 2 or 3 years)

I really enjoy watching netflix.

I really enjoy watching netflix on the playstation because you can have SUBTITLES on the playstation netflix

subtitles are NOT AVAILIBLE on the samsung smart tv box's netflix client

my question is this; I heard recently there is a new playstation coming out; will I still be able to watch my subtitled netflix on my current playstation?

I really don't want to buy a whole new chunk of hardware purely for netflix, I don't really play games on the one I have (I received it as a gift). If old playstation/subtitled netflix is disabled with the release of new playstation; does anybody know if there is a way to GET subtitles on a samsung smart tv blu-ray 3d box?

I was thinking about emailing sony directly to ask them this question (will i still be able to watch netflix on my playstation after the new one comes out); however their website only appears to have an email address for press release questions (yeah sure, I could email them there, but I doubt they would answer me, or I'd get some canned "you will receive your press packet at time/location/etc...")

playstation/samsung question (another tech support thread by yours truly) RESOLVED Untitl13

so in the even nobody knows the answer to the netflix question; does anybody know how to get into contact with sony so I can ask them directly?

there's also a live chat option where you need some serial # from the back of the playstation; but once again I'm at work, and even if I wasn't I don't feel like pulling up all the wires and messing with my stack of carefully placed and plugged electronics because to get to that serial I'll have to move and unplug a bunch of things and painstakingly put it all back afterwards.

any and all help or advice would be appreciated!

TLDR 1: can I still watch netflix on playstation after the new one comes out?
TLDR 2: if TLDR 1 = no, how do I make a samsung 3d bluray smartTV box display subtitles with netflix
TLDR 3: it TLDR 1 & 2 = idk or no, what is an email address I can contact sony with to have this question answered (an email address appropriate for a query of this nature, that will likely result in a response; i.e. I don't want junkmail@sony.com or something)

EDIT: ScratchDC101 resolved this problem on palringo, thanks!
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down