Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winged Demon or Winged Brute?

+8
kyan
applesauce
TheFury
blah
larry378
Armitaage
JessicaMD
jlflour
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Winged Demon or Winged Brute? Empty Winged Demon or Winged Brute?

Post by jlflour Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 am

Which is better and what cards make up the best A+ team? Thanks

jlflour

Back to top Go down

Winged Demon or Winged Brute? Empty Re: Winged Demon or Winged Brute?

Post by JessicaMD Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 pm

To the best of my knowledge. no winged demon with agility exists! and one winged brute with agility exists (WWE), and for that reason, winged brutes with agility should technically beat winged demons without every single time at equivalent monster and skill levels. (since both are basically high att, low def/hp teams, attacking first = winning)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Actually, winged demons have more atk than winged brutes, particularly sin winged demons, topping out at 62k or so, but the lack of agi is telling; they get creamed by anything with agi. If you're sin, I will strongly advise you NOT to go for a winged anything formation, sin does not have any winged agility monsters. If you're rancor, winged wyrms are the way to go, they have lindwurm. Tyranny players, the winged team to run is brutes, which have white winged elite for agi.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 pm

All of the above is absolutely true.

The viable pure sin teams are as follows;
Demons, Wyrms, Beasts (due to three sin agility monsters; Pit, Nidhogg, Marbas)

Being that those three monsters are NOT winged, winged sin agility teams are presently an impossibility.

However, if you REALLY want to use a winged sin team; you do have some options in hybrid teams, which are once again limited by the availability of winged agility monsters. The ONLY winged agility A-rank monsters which currently exist in the game are; White Winged Elite, and Lindwurm. Which essentially limits you to two possible winged agility combos; brutes or wyrms; ideally as a psycho or covert player. As a sin player though; it is possible to do hybrid teams for either of those two monsters. I actually happen to have both

Despair BW, Blazing, Hilda, Cruel BW, WWE (you can sub cruel out for scorn, but I prefer Cruel since although scorn has slightly more attack power, cruel's skill DED benefits the formation on the whole moreso than scorn's does)

and

MLD, NWD, Furnace, Uranus, Lind (ideally, furnace would be replaced with a skill-switched magma, but I haven't gotten around to that, and frankly I like my Furnace Dragon since it was the first A monster I ever got)

Both of these are 4x combos (Rarity, Level, Winged, Brutes/Wyrms), and they certainly DO work.

However, as earlier said; winged demons are somewhat of an impossibility at present; pending the release of a winged agility demon (associated with any guild), an optimized, or even viable hybrid winged demon formation does not exist.

Armitaage wrote:Actually, winged demons have more atk than winged
brutes, particularly sin winged demons, topping out at 62k or so, but
the lack of agi is telling; they get creamed by anything with agi. If
you're sin, I will strongly advise you NOT to go for a winged anything
formation, sin does not have any winged agility monsters. If you're
rancor, winged wyrms are the way to go, they have lindwurm. Tyranny
players, the winged team to run is brutes, which have white winged elite
for agi.

Actually, not by too much, I got the 5x sin wing brutes, and they have 61.8k attack. But yeah, overall, demons generally have higher bp/stat totals than brutes. but the most important thing to keep in mind is that attacking first is the best first step to winning, and the way to make that happen is agility. OR insane amounts of defense. (IPD/DEA/Guild Down in the 15-20 range is about the only thing which can trump agility, and that's only when agility isn't backed up with IPA/DED/Guild Down in the 15-20 range)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by jlflour Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 am

Ok im tyranny. So what is the best winged brute physcho team? I know theres midnight valk and WWoH but what else?

jlflour

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 am

Obviously, you want to have Agility on your team, so:

WWE(Must have)
WWSP/WWO(WWSP is preferable, but more expensive)(IPD)
WWoH(imp. down)
Midnight Valk.(costs a lot though, and has crit up, an okay but not so great skill)
Divinity Bow Clarissa(psych. down)
Silvery Goddess Queen(an extra stand-in member for anyone missing)
Lord of Oppression???(For someone who has that and doesn't have anything better)(Nobody uses it)(I believe it's winged psycho brute though...)

AA:
Blood Seeker, Braize
Galateia of Torment

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 am

The best possible winged psycho brute team is...

(with minimal skill swapping)
leader: WWSP
WWOH
Clarissa
Valk(skill-switch to IPA)
WWE

5x combo with IPD, Imp/Psy Down, IPA, Agi

or, without the skill switching;
leader: WWSP
WWOH
Clarissa
SGQ
WWE

5x combo with IPD, Imp/Psy Down, IPA, Agi (but SGQ is weaker than valk stat-wise)

I guess if you wanted to go absolutely wild with skill swapping, the best would be something like

WWSP (DEA)(DEA does 'more' than IPD because this is not a high defense formation, and most formations are build around high attack, so decreasing either by a set % works better against a higher base number!)
Clarissa (DED)
WWOH(reg)(since impulse down is more commonly used than any other 'downs')
Valk(IPA)
WWE(reg)
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by jlflour Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 am

that team has no DED, is this ok? How so....?

jlflour

Back to top Go down

Post by jlflour Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:11 am

and how much attack would that team have?

jlflour

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:48 am

jlflour wrote:that team has no DED, is this ok? How so....?

Yes, Psycho Winged Brutes are not a great team. About 49k attack if I recall correctly. But no DED is bad. They can still wipe the floor with Sin Winged Demons though, easily, just because of Agi Up.

As far as Tyranny goes, Psycho Demons > Psycho Creation > Psycho Winged Brutes.

Even with perfect skill changes, Psycho Winged Brutes are weaker than either of the other two teams.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by jlflour Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:48 pm

TheFury wrote:

Yes, Psycho Winged Brutes are not a great team. About 49k attack if I recall correctly. But no DED is bad. They can still wipe the floor with Sin Winged Demons though, easily, just because of Agi Up.

Even with perfect skill changes, Psycho Winged Brutes are weaker than either of the other two teams.

damn. why is midnight valk and wwoh so expensive then if the team isnt the best?

I currenty run:Taroth, dcc, typhon, sekhmet and lethargic. should i just keep this team? and who should i go for next?

jlflour

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

jlflour wrote:
TheFury wrote:

damn. why is midnight valk and wwoh so expensive then if the team isnt the best?

I currenty run:Taroth, dcc, typhon, sekhmet and lethargic. should i just keep this team? and who should i go for next?

cause tyranny winged brutes is a viable team with lots of pretty faces Very Happy i run one currently and its sitting at 52k atk. however i do think that for tyranny, the demon team is better, im trying to build one atm have selene, lilin, dcc, moth, lethargic. Individually dcc has the highest numbers(i think) of any agility monster in the game. need to find a sdd somewhere to replace lilin or lethargic, and of course some day need to find a vic lol
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

blah wrote:Obviously, you want to have Agility on your team, so:

WWE(Must have)
WWSP/WWO(WWSP is preferable, but more expensive)(IPD)
WWoH(imp. down)
Midnight Valk.(costs a lot though, and has crit up, an okay but not so great skill)
Divinity Bow Clarissa(psych. down)
Silvery Goddess Queen(an extra stand-in member for anyone missing)
Lord of Oppression???(For someone who has that and doesn't have anything better)(Nobody uses it)(I believe it's winged psycho brute though...)

AA:
Blood Seeker, Braize
Galateia of Torment

Why is everyone hating on Silvery??? A psycho winged brute team without her is useless. As mention in several post below. Psycho winged brute suffers from slightly lower attack than most high end team. Topping out at 48k before skill bonus which is why silvery is absolutely essential to boost the attack.

Getting a IPA spirit is really not an option. Its 400+ep which is far more than the cost of the team and I wouldn't spend it on anything but a high end AA+.

Psycho winged brute is also popular for starting player as it is low bp so you can fit the team in without raising bp too much and with good bp efficiency you can get into weekly battle ranking reward. Awhile back when Ateam was handing out spirits for top weekly ranking its almost always the psych winged brute teams that are on top.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 am

Because silverys ipa isnt necessary. 52k atk is all you need,especially with hope's impulse down and clarrisa's psycho down skills at level 20. Psycho winged brutes low bp consumption and guild down skills make it one of the best A+ teams in the game. Also one of
the most expensive, probably not for starting players.
Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 am

Joseph Stalin wrote:Because silverys ipa isnt necessary. 52k atk is all you need,especially with hope's impulse down and clarrisa's psycho down skills at level 20. Psycho winged brutes low bp consumption and guild down skills make it one of the best A+ teams in the game. Also one of
the most expensive, probably not for starting players.
This argument makes no sense. The proper psycho demon team has 57k to 59k with higher def and hp. Psycho down is useless as you won't be facing good teams using psycho monster cause ur tyranny. Demons have much better attack first skills including a much cheaper impulse down monster. So no it's not even close to being the best team, what it is, is cheap and low bp cost making it accessible to new players.

To address some other things (according to the beastiary) braize is not winged but crimson dragonoid is.

Also jlflour you should drop taroth until you get another AA as it is causing more damage than help due to loss of combos.
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:09 pm

52k vs 57k makes no difference. As previously stated any team running agility could beat a 65k impulse demon team. Defense plays a large role and psycho demons don't have increase party defense. Psycho down is not useless because psycho demons is a popular team even outside of tyranny. If u think the psycho brute team is cheap, you must honestly be on crack or new to the game.

Check out my defense history and compare it to your own if you're skeptical.260+wins, 28 losses. A+teams just can't win.
Ign: 2559864534
Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by espnted Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Anyone know if New AA Tlon is winged or not??????
espnted
espnted

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 am

espnted wrote:Anyone know if New AA Tlon is winged or not??????

Tlon is winged.
Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Joseph Stalin wrote:

Tlon is winged.
No I'm saying there are cheap options that are functional, like wwe, wwo, sgq, oppression. Granted some of the better options are overpriced so if ur The wheel of fortune that much u should go demons anyway. You clearly don't know what your talking about. If ur taking on good teams with AA s then 5k and ipa is the difference between mostly one hit kills or 90% dmg. How do I no? Cause I have both teams. Plus demons have Ded which brutes dnt. And if ur opponent is using psycho monsters then they aren't using 1 to 2 combos that they could so it's easy win anyway.

So back to the point if ur rolling winged brutes get sgq unless u want all ur hits getting tanked by good teams and winged brutes is the worst of the three tyranny teams
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 pm

ctigers124 wrote:
Joseph Stalin wrote:

Tlon is winged.
No I'm saying there are cheap options that are functional, like wwe, wwo, sgq, oppression. Granted some of the better options are overpriced so if ur The wheel of fortune that much u should go demons anyway. You clearly don't know what your talking about. If ur taking on good teams with AA s then 5k and ipa is the difference between mostly one hit kills or 90% dmg. How do I no? Cause I have both teams. Plus demons have Ded which brutes dnt. And if ur opponent is using psycho monsters then they aren't using 1 to 2 combos that they could so it's easy win anyway.

So back to the point if ur rolling winged brutes get sgq unless u want all ur hits getting tanked by good teams and winged brutes is the worst of the three tyranny teams

The cheap options wouldn't be a part of the "proper" psycho brute form would they? You say i don't know what I'm talking about and then go on to claim brutes dont have -def haha how ridiculous. You do know the effects of a guild down right? That's 20% -atk AND -def. Throw in a cheap -atk on valk and you're opponents will never cut through your defenses. Using a different guild team only results in the loss of the 5.5% achievement, not the combos.
(You don't know what you're talking about)
A team with one or two AAs loses 2-3 combos, those are easy wins.

Also I'm selling your demon formation all maxed skills if you're interested. Have the more valuable sdd skill changed to -atk as well. Maybe you could upgrade to a psycho winged brute team like the rest of top ranking tyranny players when you're ready.
Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 am

^lol your proving my point that you have a shallow understanding of this game. Your right the "proper" winged brute formation has gotten more expensive, even more than demons which is funny because demons ARE better. I'l address your points:

1. Yes i do know the effects of guild down. I also know that it stacks with DED. So instead of that 20% you now get (I'm not sure if this is correct) 20% -atk and 45%-def. Both formations have impulse down (typhon is cheaper than wwoh).
2. 5.5% i still almost 3k. Could easily be the difference between a win and a loss. This also ties into why psycho down is dumb because even if you disregard this most people run teams from their own guild. So that skill would rarely be used.
3. A team with 2 or more AA+ maxed will not only compensate for loss of combo(in most cases) but they will be tanks that are hard to kill. So you need that extra atk in order to kill them (thus SGQ). Not an easy win.
4. I would never The wheel of fortune for an SDD as its a very marginal upgrade from lewd for a lot more. Instead I'm saving to make the transition to AA demons.
5. Getting in the rankings is not really a function of how good your team is. Brutes are a decent low bp team. Less bp = more battles = more honor points.

Winged brutes wouldn't be an upgrade for me. I already built the team and moved on to Demons because they're better, but I'm selling the brutes if your interested Wink /s. By all means keep trying... but demons>brutes.

ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:24 am

Aye, demons are far better than brutes, especially if you are dumb enough to take out sgq from your otherwise max skill form. I just used my sdm+m(16), kag+m(7), paimon+m(4), asura+m(20), and pit+66(14) to beat a psycho winged brute formation with impulse down 8, IPD 20, DEA 20, crit 20, and agi 20. Even though the brutes went first, it took them 2-3 hits to beat any of my monsters, while I was OHKing them. Mind you, this is with a subpar team.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

Shallow understanding? I've been trying to explain that having a team with high attack isn't necessary. You keep running back to your, "the best team is the one with the highest attack"argument.
If there is a best team it's going to be the best all around team. A team with attack high enough to destroy and defense high enough to repell. What good is your team if you can win 5 atk battles (albeit, at a slow rate due to high bp consumption) and then lose 20 def battles. Attacking is selective. Defending isn't. If you're dumb enough to attack an AA+ team with an A+ team the fault is in you, not your team.
Less bp = more battles = more honor points = more effectiveness.
If honor points and battle stats didnt matter what would be the purpose of the game?
Psycho demon team = less atk wins and more def losses. You're as short sighted as your team's purpose.

Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:44 am

Lol argument about to happen here.

Less bp is NOT more effectiveness. If you wanted less bp, then go use a violet fairy +(I can sell one to you for 1 ep).

Climbing honor point rankings is best done with something stupidly low bp, like an elf commander or a rot cast, not a full team.

The best definition for strongest team in my opinion is the one that tends to win the most. On defence, in particular, you don't care about the amount of bp your team takes. You care about winning the battle.

In terms of battling, both Winged Brute/non-winged demons for Psycho both have agility(a plus). But, in terms of ups/downs, both have about the same(4 skill monsters, possibly with a bit of stack). Still, bp contributes to max stats. Psycho demons do have more attack, defense, and hp in general. This increases the chance that they survive an attack and kill enemy monsters in fewer hits.

On defence where opponent gets first strike, psycho winged brutes are going to be short a few members rapidly, while psycho demons will fare slightlyl better(no guarantees, but less damage taken, for sure).

Psycho demon = less atk wins(true). But it probably equals more defence wins(at least compared to defence losses). Psycho winged brutes have more wins(for sure), but more losses(compared to wins) on defence, because of mentioned low hp.

As an FYI, I tend to avoid these teams, since my Pit is at a lame skill 5. Both teams are fairly respected, so don't expect to see too many attacks on you either way.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Stalin Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 am

This assuming, someone is gaining honor points the legit way of course.
Most low bp single monster teams stop earning 25 honor points fairly soon and have to switch to full teams to continue to progress. They otherwise end up getting 2 or 3 honor points per battle.

I agree with you on almost all points except brute defense. This is where brutes shine because even in equal agility level circumstances, brutes attack first. 4 out of the 5 brutes have an average of 6k atk which is sufficient enough to kill non leader monsters. Especially on a team that isn't running +def.
Brutes take out 3 opponent monsters on their first attack , other team takes out wwe and pirate. hope, valk, and Clarrisa finish the job. This always happens.
Ive mentioned this before, anyone could take a look at my defense history. Now at 280 wins and 28 losses. Brutes always win defense.

I'd like to compare defense histories with someone running their best demon team to really set across this point.
Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next