Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[closed]

4 posters

Go down

[closed] Empty [closed]

Post by larry378 Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm

EDIT: lmao these event rewards suck, disregard this question; battles over event all the way

How do all of you ranked players maintain or continue to advance your rank during bp centric events?

During that long ol string of ep events we just had, I went from 900 or so to my current position of 88 on overall rank.

what with this dragon wall 2.0 coming up, and vagrant lands possibly coming up shortly after, what is the best balance of bp expenditure between ranked battles and doing the event?

The way I see it at the moment is to simply only battle the folks above me daily for 10+ point gains (which usually make up about 1/4 of the attacks I do on an average day before I have to start hitting people ranked closely below me for diminished gains) and spend the rest on the event...

Or are most people going to be heavily invested in the event so much so that if I literally don't do a single battle over the course of the event; I won't slide all the way off the rankings?

This is the FIRST bp-event I will have ever played as a ranked player.

How do you page 1 veterans typically handle this situation?

NOTE: I guess once the rewards are announced, this whole question might be a moot point. If the rewards are a bunch of skill-less, arbitrary species things, I'm probably not going to bother spending any bp on this at all. OR if the rewards are good, I might go all-in. but in general; how does one juggle rank position and bp expenditure during events such as these?

Thanks!

Last edited by larry378 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

[closed] Empty Re: [closed]

Post by larry378 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

~50 views and no replies?

Come on i know you big shots are out here and must have a way you dealt with this in past bp events.

Help a newbie ranker out!
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 am

I don't have an answer, but I could've sworn you wanted to drop out of the rankings, now that we can't bank.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 am

ryesteve wrote:I don't have an answer, but I could've sworn you wanted to drop out of the rankings, now that we can't bank.

indeed, but that was a facetious response to a taunt if you look at the context of it.

and although I would appreciate the decreased attention and attacks, I highly doubt I'll slide off the rankings entirely by not battling for two events; the rate at which people who already quit playing the game altogether slide down the rankings is relatively low from what I've observed.

Realistically, I'll probably have to slip down about 200+ ranks for a substantial decrease in attacks; that being said, despite my initial trepidation about the end of banking, I also said later in the auction thread that I recant my complaints because I have been actually been cutting a profit from defensive wins due to the end of banking in combination with my relatively visible position.

If I'm stuck on the rankings, I might as well keep climbing them.

being on page 2 or 3 still means getting attacked frequently. being on page 1 is getting attacked frequently, but somewhat prestigious.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am

ryesteve wrote:I don't have an answer, but I could've sworn you wanted to drop out of the rankings, now that we can't bank.

LOL... ZING!
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 pm

If you are going for rank, don't battle. its that simple. you will have to spend bp to rank and battling will only increase the amount. honestly, even if you don't plan on ranking, the mini rewards for this event are decent. you should sell your bp 1:2 or save it for vagrant. either way, it never makes sense to battle during a bp event. the only value of the rankings is having an easy way to help people locate you or free ad space if you're punt.

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down