Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition to AA+

5 posters

Go down

Transition to AA+ Empty Transition to AA+

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running:

Amun+m(20)

Balrog+m(20)

Asura+m(20)

Pit+m(20)

Flame Kag+m(20)

as my team, but now that I'm higher level, I'm consistently being beat on defense and losing to hybrid teams (AA+ with agi) or full AA+ teams (I've only attacked a couple to check how my guys do). So I'm thinking of transitioning to a hybrid AA+ team with but don't even know where to begin. I'd obviously keep my pit but would I also keep asura and flame for the IPA and DED? And what AA+s would I get first? I like that the guild downs I have are maxed (I don't lose to any A+ teams when I attack) but what would the way forward be. A more long term solution would be to rank in events consistently and not get rid of any of my form and purchase what I need, but don't know if that's the best way forward. Any advice you might give would be appreciated. Thank you!

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Transition to AA+ Empty Re: Transition to AA+

Post by qpwoalsk Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:08 pm

just wonderin what level are you

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I'm level 100

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by sel Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Be prepared...transistion to AA+m makes you weaker. But as you get more AA+m in your team you will improved (4 AA+m). So here is the question do you have tonnes of eps to get those AA+m or would you suck in all the defeats?

AA+ formation is expensive and so is making them max skill. They are also a risky investment and you will need to afford the depreciation of those AA in every new event it comes out.

Or you could go for the non-elite AA+ the 17bp Creation/Wyrm AA. Minimal impact and cost...which also have minimal in value.

Last edited by sel on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

sel

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm

hmm, you have a good team, however I wouldn't exactly consider impulse demons a good candidate for AA-hybrid transition.

The fact is; there aren't many affordable AA impulse demons out there.

I think it comes down to... anna, dhr, minos, grizel, and cthulu (gess's mystic down is not all that great), and all of those are relatively expensive, with grizel's skill being particularly expensive to max.

next off; everybody and their mum is running imp down/demon down (20), so particularly in the AA arena, you don't want to have full species/guild teams (with a few rare exceptions; demons certainly not being one of them).

Having an AA team backed up with agi is a great idea. however, if you're not going to be going full demon (which as earlier stated; full demon is a bad idea), you don't want to be using pit; he's going to be a liability by being an incredibly weak monster in general.

the best agi mons for backing up AA formations are as follows; Marbas, DCC; they're strong monsters. and hopefully they can absorb 1+ hits before your AAs start getting attacked, and their attacks can possibly do some damage to AA opponents.

The two 'exceptions' to the species rule are lind and demon bait.
Lind: is winged, and is wyrm. allows for 2x winged/wyrm combo with 4 AA+s, oh, and also there is no wyrm down
Demon Bait: no crawler down

Other than AA hybrid guild winged wyrm form (incidentally the team I'm working on right now... maxing these suckers takes forever)

Crawler is the safest pure species form.

Brutes and Demons and Beasts are all incredibly popular, and for that reason incredibly expensive, and everyone's prepared countermeasures against them with species down skills.

anyways, if you really wanted to switch with your existing team, your best bet would be to swap asura for minos, and balrog for dhr.

it'll retain the same skill distro throughout the team, and be a 'step up' from your current guys.

however; the skill distro won't be that good in terms of an AA team, you really really want to have defense in AA teams; ipd/dea/health up (the more the merrier), and unfortunately your team won't have any of those... and demons aren't a good candidate for those skills anyways, since the only AA with one of those skills is anna, and anna is well... anna prices, or you could use a taroth for dea, but your would break your sin combo, and if your broke your sin combo, you would be better off using dcc over pit, etc etc...

what I'm trying to say is there doesn't seem to be a quick fix upgrade to make your team competitive with 'top' AA teams; because although your team is what could be considered a 'top' A team, the whole de-emphasis on guild/species and focus on defense in the AA circuit makes yours difficult to effectively adapt without major changes
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

I too am moving from a max skill Sin demon team to a AA+ hybrid. The bullet you have to bite straight away is to move away from demon form. You can end up with fairly cheap AA+ 3 combo teams without breaking the bank.

Whilst my team is a long long way from where I want it I have started with Tengen+, Vlad+ and Adan+. Both Vlad and Adan have useful skills in Dea and Health and both are cheap. Tengen has the less useful Dodge but he wil be traded/sold soon anyway.

Moving from a 4 combo to a 1 combo hybrid does mean that you need probably 3 maxed AA+s in you form to have better attack although HP will be better with just 2.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Thank you guys for the answers. I do want to move forward and I've spent a lot of time looking at the sin top 300 to see the different formations and skills people use. I'm in no rush to move forward, but I do want to stay competitive and continue to grow in the game and for my clan. Thank you again. I like the 4xAA+ teams with agi and I completely agree that swapping out pit for Marbas would be a better move. Thank you guys again.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down