Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General way to determine monster values/worth?

+2
Bestron2
BadMochi
6 posters

Go down

General way to determine monster values/worth? Empty General way to determine monster values/worth?

Post by BadMochi Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi, I've been playing for about two months now and I've been trying to learn as much as I can and I'm having a difficult time with figuring out what's a fair trade or how much I should sell a monster for. I don't find it very practical to have to refer to a forum (Responses arn't fast enough) or ask someone for advice each time I'm unsure & havn't found an up-to-date price guide or general reference.

Any advice is great- I understand the basics; the higher the BP means higher stats and that monsters with skills like slumbering breath are undesirable...I have so many monsters that I've been holding onto because I don't want to be screwed over or make a mistake until I get a better grasp of this. I also HATE the auction system and pretty much avoid it at all costs because it's so frustrating to look through & it's costly.

Thanks Smile!
BadMochi
BadMochi

Back to top Go down

General way to determine monster values/worth? Empty Re: General way to determine monster values/worth?

Post by Bestron2 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm

General Osf has already made a Price List, its up-to-date AFAIK.
Look at the General Discussions.
As a rule of thumb, if it belongs to a popular team, such as Sin Demons, Psycho Demons etc then it will be more valuable than something that is not. If you know if it's unsummonable then that will also increase the value, sometimes by a lot.
Don't use "the higher the BP value, the more its worth" kind of thinking - that doesn't work most of the time (it works... sometimes) and I absolutely hate it when someone offers me a scrubby 20 + Bp monster for my valuable monsters that I have up for trade.
That's pretty much it. Those are just general rules, by the way.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

General way to determine monster values/worth? Empty Re: General way to determine monster values/worth?

Post by tovrin Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 am

well put bestron, what are the good teams per guild?

sin demon
psycho demon
sin wyrm
covert wyrm

what else?

tovrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 am

Armitaage's Formation Guide puts it nicely. Nominally anything that he lists is at least sellable - with the possible exception of Rancor Crawlers, because hardly anyone uses it as it is subpar.
Psycho Brutes are also expensive, at least the endgame team minus WWE which is cheap.
Covert Mystics are very expensive despite the fact they have no agility.
But really, if you want to sell or buy something you only have to take into account two things:
1. Rarity, and 2. Utility.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 am

Also, I would like to add that MOST of the time, the two most expensive cards in whichever viable (agility) formation are the ones with increase party attack and decrease enemy defense. The MAJORITY of agility monsters are very cheap at lower skill levels (1-3 ep) with the exceptions of DCC, Bayard, Marbas, and, to a lesser extent, Lindwurm, but their prices scale exponentially the more their skills are leveled.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 am

My advice is to avoid looking for general rules, and just watch the trade board here, and the billboards in game. You'll get a sense of what things are selling for. There are just too many exceptions, and too much pricing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Just thing to watch is the top 3 in current and overall ranking. Pricing there are generally pretty in line with current price with few outliers. Only problem is, that the list is usually just popular/high end monster so if you want to value price less common/lower value its a bid harder but you'll become familiar with what the popular monsters are and their value and can evaluate your own better.

Kyan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMochi Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank you for the input & advice. I'll keep watching and keep trying to absorb it all
BadMochi
BadMochi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down