Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i hate!!!

+2
ryesteve
robinsonsteve62
6 posters

Go down

i hate!!! Empty i hate!!!

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:49 am

I hate people who don't know when their auction is ending so they do not accept or reject offers it just ends.... I hate those people..I have an offer in for this auction that has 5 hours left...he probably won't get to it in time

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

i hate!!! Empty Re: i hate!!!

Post by ryesteve Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Maybe all the bids suck?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Demoni Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 pm

I hate it when I see auctions for progs that will end after the event ends.

Feel bad for anyone that bids on those and gets stuffed.
Demoni
Demoni

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 am

Well if you're bidding for progs, you really should consider how much time is left on the auction before submitting. I sometimes wait until the last minute to accept an auction if its borderline and I'm debating whether to take it/hoping for a last minute good offer. I also often make bids to auctions that will end in a hour or two as I know there is no possibility of the auctioneer holding the bid. Having only 3 bids is quite limiting at times especially if you safe one spot for banking so only 2 realistic bids. Whats is more annoying is people who holds bids when you specifically ask them not to in the comment and your things get stuck.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 pm

The problem with asking somebody not to hold a bid is that you are often asking them to make a decision on the spot.

"Please accept or reject asap" or something of that nature puts pressure on the person hosting the auction. Since you have no prior contact with the auction host and they generally have no way to communicate with you on this type of a message, I feel as though you are asking too much of the host. They are the one in control, and if they want to deliberate on your offer they certainly have the prerogative to do so.

A solution to this that I have seen several people attempt is offering something of little or no value and including the offer in a message and a means of contact. Obviously this requires additional effort on the auction host's part, so also isn't an ideal solution.

TL;DR - The auction host is in control. They have the right to do whatever they choose with your offer.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Well if you have to debate with something like that in the message than reject. I don't always ask for a fast decision. When I do, its for something like a prog or I really need to free up that auction spot. That what I do when others with similar request bid on my auction. I really hate having my cards and auction spot tie up for 2 days. Or at the most hold it for a few hours. I understand that the host has control and they pay for that control with gold but honestly its kind of unfair, bidder has no mechanism to cancel bids whatsoever. There should be a time limit that is not the entire auction length for the ability to cancel.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

kyan wrote:There should be a time limit that is not the entire auction length for the ability to cancel.

That would be a decent solution. I was thinking maybe giving the host the ability to go to the bidder's wall to comment, but your solution is simpler.

Add it to the list of auction house requests/fixes/upgrades/etc. ... *sigh*

EDIT: More than 3 active bids would be nice too... 5 wouldn't be too crazy, right?

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

[quote="faithnomorex"]
kyan wrote:
EDIT: More than 3 active bids would be nice too... 5 wouldn't be too crazy, right?

agreed.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 am

Do u hate lowballer who put crappy A into the decent AA auction?
I hate them and think they should be rot. lol

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down