Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formation Advice

+3
kyan
Armitaage
Sterling321
7 posters

Go down

Formation Advice Empty Formation Advice

Post by Sterling321 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Okay so I am currently running a sin demon formation (all + max obviously):

Paimon (3)

Flame (6)

Pit (7)

Asura (6)

Spite (6)

I am tyranny guild - So my question is at what point and at what cost should I switch to a formation that is Tyranny? Is it easy to switch team for team? Should I go Brute or (the more expensive) Demons? Should I wait until I level my skills a bit more?

At what point would lesser monsters for pyscho outweigh the 5.5% bonus?

Sterling321

Back to top Go down

Formation Advice Empty Re: Formation Advice

Post by Armitaage Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Sterling321 wrote:Okay so I am currently running a sin demon formation (all + max obviously):

Paimon (3)

Flame (6)

Pit (7)

Asura (6)

Spite (6)

I am tyranny guild - So my question is at what point and at what cost should I switch to a formation that is Tyranny? Is it easy to switch team for team? Should I go Brute or (the more expensive) Demons? Should I wait until I level my skills a bit more?

At what point should you switch? Well buddy, you've passed that point already. However, it is not too terribly bad, this team is still pretty hot, and you can certainly ask for a halfway decent price for it. Me, I would do the following in your situation:

1. I would level the skills a bit more, particularly pit's skill.

2. I would put the team in auction, asking for a minimum bid of 95 ep, setting buyout at 110. I would also list a possible autowin as a tyranny winged brute team maxed with skills of (10) or more AND ep, or a maxed tyranny demon team with skills at (5) or more.

3. Depending on what you get offered, I would then do one of three things:
a. do a victory dance, because I just got a kick-ass tyranny demon team, and set it as my team
b. set that winged brute team as my team, and start looking for deals on some of the monsters I need, keeping to the budget of the ep I received at the same time.
c. buy a winged brute team, and start looking for deals on a demon team with the leftover ep.

For y'all that are looking to ream me for recommending a winged brute team when so recently I was highly arguing about how weak it is, I am only recommending it as a short term stepping stone, while he works toward a demon team. Eventually, I would get a demon team to put in there, although perhaps not including Victoria, as she is way too expensive.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling321 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Armitaage wrote:
Sterling321 wrote:Okay so I am currently running a sin demon formation (all + max obviously):

Paimon (3)

Flame (6)

Pit (7)

Asura (6)

Spite (6)

At what point should you switch? Well buddy, you've passed that point already. However, it is not too terribly bad, this team is still pretty hot, and you can certainly ask for a halfway decent price for it. Me, I would do the following in your situation:

2. I would put the team in auction, asking for a minimum bid of 95 ep, setting buyout at 110. I would also list a possible autowin as a tyranny winged brute team maxed with skills of (10) or more AND ep, or a maxed tyranny demon team with skills at (5) or more.

a. do a victory dance, because I just got a kick-ass tyranny demon team, and set it as my team
b. set that winged brute team as my team, and start looking for deals on some of the monsters I need, keeping to the budget of the ep I received at the same time.
c. buy a winged brute team, and start looking for deals on a demon team with the leftover ep.

For y'all that are looking to ream me for recommending a winged brute team when so recently I was highly arguing about how weak it is, I am only recommending it as a short term stepping stone, while he works toward a demon team. Eventually, I would get a demon team to put in there, although perhaps not including Victoria, as she is way too expensive.

Okay obviously Vic isn't an option, so follow up question:

Dcc obviously

Sekh/Selene? Sekh has more attack so why is Selene so expensive? The whole point is hard hitting attack first right?

Dawn/lethargic? Refer to above question....

Now what I really don't get, why pre-strike? Is there any point to it when you have agi? Would I be better going guild down(typhon) - obviously sdd is hard hitting but super expensive. I read around but I see a lot of debate as to what the best team actually is.

What do you think?

Sterling321

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

go see the threads on psycho demons. All your questions have been answer there multiple times. I'll sticky some of those threads if I was an admin, they just keep coming up.

Kyan

PS trading team for team is not that difficult. I have seen people do it via battle ranking community post. You have a good setup shouldn't be too difficult particularly if you're willing to chip in some ep. Ah while a decent option, you'll have to spend alot of gold to get your team high enough to be fairly visible and you'll out of a usable team for a few days.

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 pm

kyan wrote:go see the threads on psycho demons. All your questions have been answer there multiple times. I'll sticky some of those threads if I was an admin, they just keep coming up.

Kyan

PS trading team for team is not that difficult. I have seen people do it via battle ranking community post. You have a good setup shouldn't be too difficult particularly if you're willing to chip in some ep. Ah while a decent option, you'll have to spend alot of gold to get your team high enough to be fairly visible and you'll out of a usable team for a few days.

Sorry, kyan, but I think I'll answer these questions anyway, even though you're right, there certainly is an answer to all of these out there, if only the search function actually returned the most relevant posts first.

Sterling321 wrote:
Armitaage wrote:

Paimon (3)

Flame (6)

Pit (7)

Asura (6)

Spite (6)

Okay obviously Vic isn't an option, so follow up question:

Dcc obviously

Sekh/Selene? Sekh has more attack so why is Selene so expensive? The whole point is hard hitting attack first right?

Dawn/lethargic? Refer to above question....

Now what I really don't get, why pre-strike? Is there any point to it when you have agi? Would I be better going guild down(typhon) - obviously sdd is hard hitting but super expensive. I read around but I see a lot of debate as to what the best team actually is.

What do you think?

Unfortunately, once you decide not to try to get a Victoria, there is no clear cut best team here; there are good, sound arguments for what works best and when. That said, here are some pointers.

Firstly, Sekhmet vs Selene debate. Even though Sekhmet has higher attack than Selene, as kyan pointed out elsewhere on this forum, Selene has a higher innate agility, which will allow her to attack out of turn, when your team is defending. That is important, because the more enemies that you can knock out before a battle starts in earnest, the more likely you are to win. Innate agility is not readily apparent, you'll have to check the bestiary periodically.

This brings us to the second point, why preemptive strike. Preemptive strike might seem like a waste since you already have agility, but it is in fact quite useful, especially for defense. When a battle gets underway, the order of attacks is as follows: preemptive strikes, in order of skill, from highest to lowest, rank AA+(in order of team agility), monsters with high innate agility like Selene, then everybody else(if agi is equal, attacker first; if agi is not equal, whoever has higher agi first). Since SDD and lewd twist lologi are both capable of killing a monster in one shot, with a high original skill they are particularly effective on the defense. In attacking their skills may seem moot, but in defending they actually do matter.

And finally, Dawn Lilin vs Lethargic Belphegor. There are a few considerations here. First, affordability; even though she is rare, I do think that, having lower stats, Dawn Lilin is a bit cheaper than Belph. Second, monster art; yes, there are people who choose Lilin over Belph simply because of her monster art. real mystery to me but that's their choice. Finally, there's monster stats; no matter how you look at it, Belphegor has higher stats than Lilin, and they both have the same skill. Now some people will run both simply because of their stats, which are both pretty good, and lament the loss of an extra skill, or they will skill change one or the other. Me, I would just use Belphegor and not Lilin, but then I am not much into repeating skills myself. I know many will disagree with me on that, but that is my choice.

As said earlier, there is no right or wrong answer here. Choose what team you want to build yourself, based on your own opinion of what monsters you should use. I have given you as much information as I can, now it is up to you to decide what to do with it.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Armitaage wrote: winged brute team when so recently I was highly arguing about how weak it is, I am only recommending it as a short term stepping stone, while he works toward a demon team.

As someone who uses a tyrrany winged brute team, I have to say I was a little surprised by how weak it really is when I finally maxed my last monster... I too have a psycho demon team (Leth, Sekh, DCC, Lewd, Typhon) they're all plussed with ~5 skill, but level 35 at the moment, and I'm probably going to be switching to them once I have them fully leveled.

The only thing is that the winged brute team is much 'prettier' to look at. It's not the best formation ever obviously, but It works decently well, and I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that it looks nice.

and yeah like Armitaage said, p-strike is great defensively. However I'd say that sekhmet is clearly better than selene. First off; their looks are equal (a.k.a. bad), sekh has higher stats, and is much much much cheaper than selene. And even though selene might have higher 'innate' agility, that one attack from a relatively weak monster isn't worth the price difference in my opinion.

Leth vs Dawn? Leth is better. same skill, dramatically better stats, also leths were super cheap for a while Razz. I guess dawn might become valuable if they release a winged psycho agi demon

Basically I think this is how psycho demon teams work;

DCC (mandatory, agi)
Sekh/Selene (IPA); sekh preferred
Leth/Dawn(DED); leth preferred
Typhon (Impulse Down); great because you run into more impulse players than any other guild, I'd say this guy is almost mandatory
Lewd/SDD/Blue Steel/Vic; Pstrike or really good stats in general or Vic; any of these would be a fine final member, with SDD being obviously better than Lewd, and Vic reg > Blue Steel, and Blue Steel (skill added)>Vic
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm

One last thing to bring up that hasn't been discuss before is the possibility of a winged psy demon formation with blue steel, selene, dawn, moth and taroth. Again no agility so not useful in most situation but if Ateam ever release a winged demon (one can hope) that can be important.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
The only thing is that the winged brute team is much 'prettier' to look at. It's not the best formation ever obviously, but It works decently well, and I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that it looks nice.

yeah, they sure are prrrty to look at, if only their stats were higher. but then, most winged monsters have lower stats than their non-winged counterparts, balrog and paimon excepted.

JessicaMD wrote:
Basically I think this is how psycho demon teams work;

DCC (mandatory, agi)
Sekh/Selene (IPA); sekh preferred
Leth/Dawn(DED); leth preferred
Typhon (Impulse Down); great because you run into more impulse players than any other guild, I'd say this guy is almost mandatory
Lewd/SDD/Blue Steel/Vic; Pstrike or really good stats in general or Vic; any of these would be a fine final member, with SDD being obviously better than Lewd, and Vic reg > Blue Steel, and Blue Steel (skill added)>Vic

i somewhat disagree with that, my personal choice would be:

DCC
sekh/selene; sekh for more offense, selene for more defense
leth/dawn; dawn only if i can't afford a leth
lewd
sdd

those last two can also work great offensively against other teams trying to defend with pre-strike, and each can 1 hit kill a monster.

OR

DCC
typhon; if you want an edge against impulse at the cost of a little bit defensive power
sdd

either way, sdd with original skill is in, imo. useful skill on a high atk monster?? YES PLEASE!! incidentally, in scenario 2 i would go with the more expensive selene, to make up for the loss of 1 pre strike
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Armitaage wrote:

i somewhat disagree with that, my personal choice would be:

DCC
lewd
sdd

I don't think I would want both lewd and sdd, I think sdd is a good replacement for lewd (I would like to eventually replace my lewd with an SDD) because of better stats, also how lewd is a bit of an eyesore, also lewd's slot could be loading typhon with impulse down, which I think is overall more valuable than having 2 rather than 1 p-strikes (also SDD's p-strike is more valuable than lewd's!)

Did the prices for leth go up recently? I thought a dawn reg was worth twice as much as a leth reg (8:4 ep)

Also I think I found a team that's just as good looking as the pure tyrrany brutes, and much stronger (25% (11k) more attack power Razz, which I've been using and seeing a huge difference with) rather than WWSP, WWO, SGQ, Clarissa, WWE, I've been using WWSP, BWOD, Hilda, Clarissa, WWE, literally going back and crushing people I lost battles badly against in the past. I mean it's only a 4x combo, but I think two more guild downs are better than an a redundant ipd, and underleveled ipa for a low attack team. Anyways, it's probably not the end-all be-all team, but I think it's a good placeholder until I level up my demons!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

My reason for including both SDD and Lewd is a defensive strategy. Many teams don't run pre-strike, so with both SDD and Lewd, on thefirst turn, i can take out two of the enemy before they can even move. Then, when the enemy moves and it's my turn again(we're still on the first turn), i can defeat one or two more monsters, before the first turn has ended yet. When the second turn starts, the enemy will have just one or two monsters left, versus 2 or 3 on my side, being at a huge disadvantage, especially since it is highly unlikely that they have been able to defeat leth; the battle is over, you've won. Also, those same two pre-strike monsters help offensively against a team running the same defensive strategy; agility and pre-strike skills being equal, attacker goes first, so you can minimize the effect that people trying to defend with two pre-strikes will have on your team; a win-win situation if ever I saw one.

As for prices of leth, they're on the rise, if they haven't risen already. same skill, higher stats, and there's no innate agility in Lilin's favor.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Tin Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Armitaage wrote:As for prices of leth, they're on the rise, if they haven't risen already. same skill, higher stats, and there's no innate agility in Lilin's favor.

Good thing I sold my Dawn+ for EP to someone that liked "pretty girls" and kept my Lethargic+m.

But seriously, Dawn is still much more expensive. This might change in 2 months, but atm it's not even close.

J-Tin

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

I have 5 Leth+ in my store that I can barely give away >_< its perplexing.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling321 Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Alright thanks so much Kyan/armitaage for your help. What a great place this is to express ideas and have experienced players like you to relay information. The hardest part of switching teams is finding an affordable team. People are ridiculous with their prices. The other difficult part is that I don't really want to break up my team, I did for a day and put them in auction and I had 8 people fight me, so obviously I put my formation back and have battled them all every day since. (poor etiquite...)

Once again, appreciate the advice - Now it's time to browse the stores and it looks like I may have to buy individually. I am also browsing the battle list for sin players using a pyscho team trying to trade straight across (I feel this is probably the best avenue).

Sterling321

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Dagger Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Not sure if it will work, but maybe you can auction your whole team for a tyranny team? Just mention it in your description you are interested in trading for tyranny teams and I am pretty sure there will be offers.
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down