Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Account - Dark summons

+4
applesauce
Horg
mewantcookies
derpados
8 posters

Go down

New Account - Dark summons Empty New Account - Dark summons

Post by derpados Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 am

When you start the game I thought you got like 2-3 free dark summons, least I did. When my friend started it he said he never got them

anyone know anything about this?

derpados

Back to top Go down

New Account - Dark summons Empty Re: New Account - Dark summons

Post by derpados Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 am

I told him I think it's 1 of 2 things:
1 - they removed them because there G-Team need ppl to spend more My teacher said good "job"
2 - the new dark summon thing they mentioned in developer notes about own section messed up or something overall kinda sad.

derpados

Back to top Go down

Post by mewantcookies Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am

I heard that now you only get 1 dark summon when you make a new account. Either it's a bug or they did this in response to all the ghost accounts.. there was even a guy today in page 1 of auctions that claimed he had the secret to getting lots of AA's.. for a price of course. My guess is that it has something to do with this.
mewantcookies
mewantcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 am

The person who put that auction up must be the dumbest mother ****** in the world or is actually legitimately mentally disabled.... wouldn't be surprised if this was their "fix" for the unlimited dark summons via account creation, but I'm hoping that it's a bug and G-Team wouldn't really screw over every new player like that.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:39 pm

mewantcookies wrote:I heard that now you only get 1 dark summon when you make a new account. Either it's a bug or they did this in response to all the ghost accounts.. there was even a guy today in page 1 of auctions that claimed he had the secret to getting lots of AA's.. for a price of course. My guess is that it has something to do with this.

just check on an emulator, there is now only one dark summon, u also dont get the ds that gives a b monster anymore

but yea probably their solution to ghost account and people abusing the system
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm

I heard the one summon you get now as a new player is only a crappy A summon?
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sionzris Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm

you get 1 Rank A Summon now and I am very sure it's working as intended.
Sionzris
Sionzris

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

since no one can get free ds anymore(except from events) maybe they'll raise the possibility of AA from a ds? like the double percentage thing they did but now permanent and for free ds as well?
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Getting a AA is about .1%....double that and you, on average, will get 1 AA for 150 greenbacks worth of summons, and even then you have a large chance of getting a worthless AA like Dru! It still baffles me that A-Team even sells any Dark Summons at all.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashton Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:17 am

Shame they had to change that, Wonder how this will affect prices for Monsters ^.^

Vashton

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:25 am

Vashton wrote:Shame they had to change that, Wonder how this will affect prices for Monsters ^.^

That is an interesting point. Were these illicit dark summons the primary source of progression monsters and the available AAs available from dark summons? If so, I would imagine this would have an effect on the price.

Though personally, I received quite a few more dark summons from this Dragon Wall event than I had from previous events. Maybe if they make free dark summons from events more easily obtainable, it wouldn't have much of an effect at all on monster value.

Any other opinions on this?

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestron2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 am

faithnomorex wrote:
Vashton wrote:Shame they had to change that, Wonder how this will affect prices for Monsters ^.^

That is an interesting point. Were these illicit dark summons the primary source of progression monsters and the available AAs available from dark summons? If so, I would imagine this would have an effect on the price.

Though personally, I received quite a few more dark summons from this Dragon Wall event than I had from previous events. Maybe if they make free dark summons from events more easily obtainable, it wouldn't have much of an effect at all on monster value.

Very good point, but even if I did this I would probably die of boredom lol. You know, being forced to level the alt account up to level 20, just to trade or access auctions? No thanks Laughing

Prices might rise, but I doubt (hope) that it won't be dramatic. You can only raise the prices to a certain level before nobody wants to overpay that much. As long as buyers remain aware, it will force the prices back down. Of course, you'll always have those players who are grimly determined to stay on the rankings and those people will be buying those prog monsters no matter what the price, haha.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Bestron2 wrote:
faithnomorex wrote:

Very good point, but even if I did this I would probably die of boredom lol. You know, being forced to level the alt account up to level 20, just to trade or access auctions? No thanks Laughing

Prices might rise, but I doubt (hope) that it won't be dramatic. You can only raise the prices to a certain level before nobody wants to overpay that much. As long as buyers remain aware, it will force the prices back down. Of course, you'll always have those players who are grimly determined to stay on the rankings and those people will be buying those prog monsters no matter what the price, haha.

lvling to 20 is actually not that hard at all, back when i was doing an emulation test i powered to lvl 20 in less than an hour doing only regular missions, now suppose you roll a moonsea and a prog, less than an hours work to be able to gift them to ur self is not bad at all considering if you sold them it would be over 300 my shoes don't fit worth of eps.

i think they shoulda left it as it was, there are always people with more time than My teacher said good "job" and people with more My teacher said good "job" than time, if they try to force everyone to only be able to buy then many people will leave and the game simply wont be as much fun.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 pm

applesauce wrote:
lvling to 20 is actually not that hard at all, back when i was doing an emulation test i powered to lvl 20 in less than an hour doing only regular missions, now suppose you roll a moonsea and a prog, less than an hours work to be able to gift them to ur self is not bad at all considering if you sold them it would be over 300 my shoes don't fit worth of eps.

i think they shoulda left it as it was, there are always people with more time than My teacher said good "job" and people with more My teacher said good "job" than time, if they try to force everyone to only be able to buy then many people will leave and the game simply wont be as much fun.

Gotta love those filters...

While I do see your point about having more time, the fact of the matter is that acquiring free dark summons through creating new accounts was certainly not how Ateam wanted people to spend their free time. It was effectively cheating the system after all. Your actions are generally limited by energy, but I would agree that it would be interesting if Ateam were to implement some action that had no cost other than physical interaction time that rewarded players willing to spend the extra time.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 pm

faithnomorex wrote:
applesauce wrote:

Gotta love those filters...

While I do see your point about having more time, the fact of the matter is that acquiring free dark summons through creating new accounts was certainly not how Ateam wanted people to spend their free time. It was effectively cheating the system after all. Your actions are generally limited by energy, but I would agree that it would be interesting if Ateam were to implement some action that had no cost other than physical interaction time that rewarded players willing to spend the extra time.

it is kinda cheating the system that i agree with, but with the low chance of AA you could very possibly spend days doing nothing but creating accounts before u get one, if some one is willing to do nothing but that for a week straight then give them the damn AA lol. maybe they could have cut the free dark summon down to 1 instead of 2? on another note i really wish A-team would put a "last log in" time stamp on players pages maybe even auto delete account that have not been used in...say a month.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Would love to point out this little fact, free dark summons at account creation were removed Oct 10th without any notice at all from A-Team...

in 2012 from early april until early september the A-Team stock slowly increased from 1080 Yen to ~1600 Yen, between early sept and oct 10th it skyrocketed to 3880 Yen...on Oct 11th, in a single day it dropped by ~25% to 2930 Yen, and has yet to make any stable recovery...the coincidental timing is pretty hilarious

Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm

If number of accounts being created was considered a measure of success, then this is not surprising at all.

I still stand by the fact that this change will continue to impact prices. For the last event the progression monsters seemed to stay consistently higher. i.e. the starting prices were about the same, but they didn't drop off in value as quickly as in previous events. And that is with an event that was generally unpopular. For a popular event, with high demand for prog monsters, I'd expect prices to be quite a bit higher. As for summonable AA monsters, the prices don't seem to have changed.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sionzris Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:21 pm

not yet at least, give it some time...
Sionzris
Sionzris

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

And it looks like prog+ monsters are going for 100ep+ on the first few pages of auction. Sounds like a fair price to me...

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down