Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams?

+10
laddder
Armitaage
ctigers124
blah
JessicaMD
Hijinx
blackholedreams
larry378
Guvire
limdul
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams? Empty Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams?

Post by limdul Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:09 am

Having finally got a Dragon of Disaster in the current event and after the 'omg!' had faded, I started to consider what to do with it....

The current A+ Rancor winged wyrm team was the obvious home for my new shiny dragon. However, when you calculate the numbers, the loss of the level and rarity bonuses mean that the overall attack of the team goes down when the maxed AA is added.

I appreciate that it is not all about the attack, and that an AA will generally perform better than an A, but the loss of several thousand attack is not good.

As Ateam makes getting AAs easier with each event, no doubt more players will have this dilema.

Are AAs therefore generally not worth the effort of levelling and using?

limdul

Back to top Go down

Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams? Empty Re: Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams?

Post by Guvire Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:49 am

One AA is not. Multiple AA are. That's why why moon sea and Cthulhu sit patiently watching my sin demons do their thing. Maybe once I have one more winged AA it'll be worth it. Or maybe I'll wait until sin finally gets a rank a agility monster with wings.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams? Empty Re: Are AAs worth levelling and adding to A+ teams?

Post by larry378 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Guvire wrote:I'll wait until sin finally gets a rank a agility monster with wings.

you and me both...

winged agility is SO common for cov and psy. It's a damn shame impulse doesn't have one. I'm actually going to sub in a WWE once I get the agility high enough into my winged impulse brutes so it looks like; Despair BW, Scorn BW, Hilda (all +m), Cruel BW (almost +m) and a WWE once I get its level to about 40 or 50, and agility to 10)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by blackholedreams Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 pm

It sucks, because Child of Pit has those wing-looking things on its body too.

Hell, give Paimon or Balrog agility. Doesn't make sense that they both have Covert Down, anyway

blackholedreams

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah balrog/paimon skill duplicate is THE reason i went winged brutes instead of winged demons
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinx Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:39 pm

However, The cost of an AA to AA+ is SIGNIFICANTLY decreased for evolution, the higher the level of the evolving monster is.

Kotone lvl 1 to evolve: 1,000,000 gold
Kotone lvl 100 to evolve: 80k gold

so...

Hijinx

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Hijinx wrote:However, The cost of an AA to AA+ is SIGNIFICANTLY decreased for evolution, the higher the level of the evolving monster is.

so...

Just figured out how to use the quote function! It was there all along, and I was using " ".

That's really interesting! Hijinx. I though it would just be about 30k like with As. But I've never had an AA let alone two, so I guess what you just said is a pretty esoteric bit of information! Smile

How detrimental would it be to add an AA of the same TYPE to a team though?

For example, would something like Snowstorm Dragon+, Crystal Dragon+, Fafnir+, Tiamut+, and a new Gold Gorger Dragon AA be any good as a team? That would just lose rarity, but it would have psycho, winged, and dragon... (I don't have a Gold Gorger, and I probably never will, but here's to wishful thinking tongue )
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I wonder what stats you can make with all the AA+ dragons...

I mean, you would miss out on guild, but you would get species, level, winged, and rarity. Skill change everything to work out, and it would have pretty decent stats...

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
Just figured out how to use the quote function! It was there all along, and I was using " ".

That's really interesting! Hijinx. I though it would just be about 30k like with As. But I've never had an AA let alone two, so I guess what you just said is a pretty esoteric bit of information! Smile

For example, would something like Snowstorm Dragon+, Crystal Dragon+, Fafnir+, Tiamut+, and a new Gold Gorger Dragon AA be any good as a team? That would just lose rarity, but it would have psycho, winged, and dragon... (I don't have a Gold Gorger, and I probably never will, but here's to wishful thinking tongue )

That team wouldn't have agility, plus the AA would all but be offset by the fact that you have two very weak monsters fafnir and tiamut. Wouldn't be a horrible team but you'd be beat by almost any agility team.
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

ctigers124 wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:

That team wouldn't have agility, plus the AA would all but be offset by the fact that you have two very weak monsters fafnir and tiamut. Wouldn't be a horrible team but you'd be beat by almost any agility team.

I agree the example that was given was a weak team, but add in a Lindwurm+ and you have the winged combo with agility. Adding several AA+ monsters would offset losing the rarity bonus and level bonus... but you'd need more than one AA+ fully leveled to do so.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Lol, my dream team would be Anna+, dhr+, Minos+, pit+, and one more sin demon AA+, lol, maybe chtulu maybe something else that they release, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 pm

I just want my avatar card xd
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by laddder Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 am

I just rid myself of the only AA (Daji) I summoned cause although it would have been sexy to have in my psycho winged brute team, it lowered my stats and bumped my BP costs

laddder

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 am

Lol, adding a lvl 1 reg AA is not a good idea, yes, but a maxed AA+ that matches the team's species and type is a whole 'nother story, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:48 am

I've been using a max Sin Demon team to try against some of the AA teams that are out there and I get smashed all the time.

AA's are worth it if you level and skill them for sure.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Delilah Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:43 am

limdul wrote:Having finally got a Dragon of Disaster in the current event and after the 'omg!' had faded, I started to consider what to do with it....

The current A+ Rancor winged wyrm team was the obvious home for my new shiny dragon. However, when you calculate the numbers, the loss of the level and rarity bonuses mean that the overall attack of the team goes down when the maxed AA is added.

I appreciate that it is not all about the attack, and that an AA will generally perform better than an A, but the loss of several thousand attack is not good.

As Ateam makes getting AAs easier with each event, no doubt more players will have this dilema.

Are AAs therefore generally not worth the effort of levelling and using?

Well, I had the same conundrum with my beast team and Earthlord Baihu. I also lost some attack overall, but the fact that my leader now has significantly more HP and Def kinda makes up for that. Also, he looks badass and let's face it, that counts for something too. Very Happy

Delilah

Back to top Go down

Post by mjshamone Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 am

JessicaMD wrote:
Hijinx wrote:However, The cost of an AA to AA+ is SIGNIFICANTLY decreased for evolution, the higher the level of the evolving monster is.

so...

My Formless Nyar is level 51 and it's gonna cost £614,200 to evolve (I have 2)

If i sacrifice the level 51 to the level 1 it's £1,064,200

mjshamone

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Hmm, was actually crunching numbers about event Aa/+ - oriented creation teams last night ( link ), and I think as a side effect I figured out MY dream team in the process (not that I'll ever afford it lmao)

Led by Banished Dragon (DED)
including...
Moon Sea Dragon (skill switched from Crit up to IPA)
Furnace Dragon (Preemptive)
Lindwurm (Agility)
MLD (IPD, maybe skill switch to something else, but not particularly necessary; venomous breath would be awesome here but idk if there's a spirit for that)

Banished, Moon Sea, and Furnace are basically guaranteed to wipe out three of the enemy team before anything else happens; since that's two agility-boosted AA+s, and a preemptive strike (bundled together with DED, and IPA) Also 2x combo (wings, wyrms, for even MORE raw attack power)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 pm

lol, actually, we can't entirely judge on that team since banished+ info is missing, but there is an equally strong demon team that features Anna+ as leader, Minos+, DHR+, Cthulhu+, and Pit+. final stats, assuming everything is maxed for this demon team are: 97765/98747/96003 a/d/h, lol, and it features FOUR lightning fast AA+s that will pretty much wipe anything short of other AA/+ teams on the first turn every time, regardless of what other players do, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Fair enough, its probably better since thats agi without hybriding. And 4AAs i guess im just not that hardcore. I only use mons i find aesthetically pleasing lol. Hence no blazing+ on my team (i can def afford one, i just dont like the art lol); same with alot of the demons; my beef with pit is that it's a fish-centipede-man hybrid. I like the dragons, but i think dhr and minos look kinda silly; anna and cthulu are cool though
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:11 pm

lol, i agree about the artwork of pit, but i beg to differ on cthulhu and minos, lol. i would still use them because THAT is how you make a ridiculously overpowered team, lol. actually agi here is pretty redundant unless you're up against a team of other AA+ monsters, lol, but i like the overkill speed, pretty much ensures total decimation of damned near everything, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm

How about something that discards agility in the favor of stronger monsters? 5 AA's instead of 4, which gives you the +15/10 from the level/rarity bonus.

Basically, the 5 AA+ wyrms. This gives you Rarity, Level, Winged, and Species, which is a decent 45/25 combo.

Dragon of Disaster(+)(IPD)
Wingarm Dragon(+)(DED)
Gold Gorger Dragon(+)(Skill change to IPA)
Moon Sea Dragon(+)(Crit, possibly skill change to something else)
Banished Dragon(+)(Skill Change to DEA)

Now, while this team might not necessarily strike first every time(maybe not against a 4 AA + 20 agi team), the higher bp and high strength of each of the AA's will probably prevent OHKO for any AA, meaning that it takes at least 2 enemy hits to kill. In that way, at least 3 monsters should be surviving, if not more.

With 3 dragons(or more) surviving, OHKO of an opponent AA is quite possible. If not, 3 dragons will come really close to the demon team, if not beating it, because each monster is an AA.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

yes, that IS a formidable team, lol, but the demon team with agi should still be able to knock out 1 or 2 AAs from it before anything else happens. wether the demon team will survive the counter attack i can't say, but you can't deny the demon team's overall balanced stats, lol. also, the team you have posted would actually be at a disadvantage against the demon team as 4/5 of the dragons would suffer a 25% stat loss. the demon described has impulse and covert downs, which pretty much nixes everything except Gold Gorger dragon, lol. in other words, this fight would go probably go to the demons, since they attack first, and both teams have an equal stat increase, except for gold gorger and pit, lol. now that will be a fight to record on video(if i can figure out how to take video captures and somehow manage to build those teams, lol)
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah, great fight. I'm pretty sure that the fight is close enough that 1 miss is going to throw the battle one way or the other. DHR and Minos have fairly low attacks for AA's though. 4 Wyrms surviving will probably mean game over for the demons. Surprisingly, crit might actually be a good skill here. I believe my stat increases/decreases should be right, just check.

Stat increases/decreases:
Demon:
Bonuses: Sin/Demon/Guild, so 30.5/30.5/5.5
Skills: 25/25
Negatives: 25/25
Final boosts:30.5/30.5/5,5
Agility

Wyrms:
Bonuses: 45/25
Skills: 25/25
Negatives: 25/25 for all but gold gorger.
Final boosts: 45/25 except for gold gorger 70/50(gold gorger becomes leader probably)

The Big question: will the 20% attack and higher bp overall cause the wyrms to win? Would love to see someone with all of those go off against each other.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

larry378 wrote:Fair enough, its probably better since thats agi without hybriding. And 4AAs i guess im just not that hardcore. I only use mons i find aesthetically pleasing lol. Hence no blazing+ on my team (i can def afford one, i just dont like the art lol); same with alot of the demons; my beef with pit is that it's a fish-centipede-man hybrid. I like the dragons, but i think dhr and minos look kinda silly; anna and cthulu are cool though

I agree with this Smile, I think limiting yourself to only the "statistically best" team possible takes alot of the fun out of the game! I'm sure someone could write an algorithm to parse through every single monster and skill-change permutation in the game and determine the combination which is least likely to lose (no guarantee, since critical hit and miss and dodge things happen), but I don't think that's the point! I like to use monsters which I like; they may not be the 'best' on paper, but it's fun to use the ones you like, and even more fun to see them beat the odds against a 'technically' superior team!

in this thread http://www.ds-forum.com/t4374-suggestions-for-ateam we talked about the hypothetical 'buttmonster'. Would the buttmonster be a great monster? of course! would people want the buttmonster on their team? definitely! but if we end up populating our entire teams with buttmonsters; just to win, are we really having fun? or are we just going by the numbers? and if the only choice we have is to 'go by the numbers', the game is no longer a 'game', and is something best played by a robot.

Razz that was just my little rant, sorry for the downer Razz

I think my dream team would be
leader: Gold Gorger Dragon (it's a gold dragon, what's not to love? lol) with decrease defense which is nice
Crystal Dragon, maybe critical rate switched to slumbering breath (would be cool to stop an enemy from attacking for a turn or so)
Snowstorm Dragon, maybe psycho down switched to increase party attack!
Hell Ice Dragon, increase party defense should make the whole team more durable
anddd... a Lindwurm I guess since he's got agility

blue and gold wyrms Smile
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next