Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Stat in Damage calculation

4 posters

Go down

Defense Stat in Damage calculation Empty Defense Stat in Damage calculation

Post by Evangalex Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 am

Does anyone know how Defense functions mathematically in damage calculation?

For example: if monster A has 5000ATK and attacks opposing monster B which has 3000DEF and 6000HP, how much damage would be mitigated before its subtracted from monster B's HP? Skills and Combo boosts aside.

Thanx.

Evangalex

Back to top Go down

Defense Stat in Damage calculation Empty Re: Defense Stat in Damage calculation

Post by Guvire Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Since you'd have to calculate Increase party defense decrease party defense increase and decrease attack, it'd be doable, but would be alot of math.

Basically I'd take a person with two accounts, or someone who knows the levels of the other person's monsters to do the calculations. To my knowledge, no one has been that anal about the stats.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

To be honest, I did have that same question myself.

Guivre, you don't have to calculate with inc. par atk and all the other skills. Just get a couple of monsters without skills(you're not too high leveled that every summon you get has a skill, right?).

It's not being anal about the statistics, it's just called playing smart. You could try by just browsing through the list of people and finding one with a 1 bp monster(the stats should be online) and hitting it with a 1 bp monster, and seeing how much damage it does. It's not that hard.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangalex Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Well I havnt even created an account and chosen I guild. Im tossin up between Tryanny for the Pyscho DEF bonus or Sin for the Impluse ATK bonus but I really wanted to know how useful DEF was for damage mitigation before I chose a guild.

But you're right blah, it is indeed easier to test at a lower level. I might just have to 'wing-it' unless someone posts something in next day for so.

Thanx.

Evangalex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 pm

True you don't need monsters with skills, but you still need to know the level of each monster to do the math, considering stats increase with levels.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 pm

There's quite a few people who quit out there. They generally have something simple like a green kobold or a reaper of ash seas, or a fairy(1 bp monsters). It's easy to find their stats online, and I haven't heard of anyone quitting and leaving a lvl 20 Green Night Kobold on just for boredom's sake. Let's just assume that all the tier C monsters are level 1, because nobody is bored enough to level them up.

If you're not sure about which guild to pick, you can have a little trial run: pick one of the two guilds at random, and go off attacking random people with 1 bp monsters for a while. That way, you'll get used to the gameplay, and not make any stupid errors. Then, you can deinstall the app, reinstall it, and choose the guild of your choice. Of course, doing this is not recommended if you summon something epic on one of the free dark summons(like an AA), but at that point, your guild won't matter too much because you can sell that AA for a lot of stuff

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am

The math is rather complicated because it appears to be non-linear from my observation. At about the same attack vs defense, its more like atk-def but at much higher defense than offense than the damage is essentially 0 but not 0 and at much higher attack than defense than there is essentially no mitigation. You can observe this in the raid boss battle in this event. Even though the defense of the raid boss is not stated. Its ~500 per level if your attack is roughly on the same order but will decrease or increase as your attack goes much higher or lower than that approximate value.

As for deciding between guild for the bonus. Not sure if that is accurate anymore. That's just a general statement that sin monsters tends to have more attack and psycho more defense but in practice not sure if its really true anymore particular for the AA. The sin AA recently has been pathetic in the attack department compare to sin A+. More of a consideration is that there are far more Sin players than any other guild so sin cards are higher price than its counterpart in the other guilds and getting ranked in event for a Sin player is much harder than the other guild. Rancor has the fewest player and tend to have the cheapest card.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am

Not sure about whether it's true or not for raid bosses, but at my wimpy 20k attack, it seems set to the raid lord's max hp. I have exact numbers of deduction from defense (9000, 8000, etc.). Since the hp of the raid lords don't scale up linearly, the defense doesn't either, but it seems to be pre-set by A-team.

Also, somehow I'm not sure with same attack and same defense. That would mean that a monster with 5000 attack hitting a monster with 5000 defense would cause essentially no damage, meaning defense is more valuable than offense(assuming all monsters, on average, have 1/3 stat distributions).

Lastly, Sin does earn a 200 ally bonus point a day right? Since Sin essentially always wins the honor point wars every day, so that's an extra summon a day, which is nice if you're starting out. A team is also removing the guild rankings and replacing them with overall...

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 am

blah wrote:Not sure about whether it's true or not for raid bosses, but at my wimpy 20k attack, it seems set to the raid lord's max hp. I have exact numbers of deduction from defense (9000, 8000, etc.). Since the hp of the raid lords don't scale up linearly, the defense doesn't either, but it seems to be pre-set by A-team.

the hp for the most part scale linearly up to 20. Its 5000 x (lv-1) except for lv1, 2, & 20 and defense was assume to scale the same at least the deduction does.

blah wrote:Also, somehow I'm not sure with same attack and same defense. That would mean that a monster with 5000 attack hitting a monster with 5000 defense would cause essentially no damage, meaning defense is more valuable than offense(assuming all monsters, on average, have 1/3 stat distributions).

At least for A+, the stats are skew towards attack. Also level bonus/winged only apply to attack so attack gets more bonus. From party calculator, I haven't put together an A+ team that doesn't have attack much higher than defense but you're probably right its not just a simple subtraction. From experience with a sin demon team, the monsters pretty much do full damage except when facing AA.

blah wrote:Lastly, Sin does earn a 200 ally bonus point a day right? Since Sin essentially always wins the honor point wars every day, so that's an extra summon a day, which is nice if you're starting out. A team is also removing the guild rankings and replacing them with overall...

That one extra ally summon is not worth the huge amount of ep most sin player had to spend to get rank compare to the other guild. It seem for the next event Ateam is returning to the tower event where ranking is guild independent but since its not out yet and full detail hasn't been release, we don't know for sure. It doesn't mean that all future events will be the same. I still say that sin is far too competitive but I've played as sin for too long to change lol.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangalex Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:54 am

Hi All,

Thanx for your advice, especially about player demographics affecting price of cards. Decided to fo Guild Tyranny. Player ID 382642591.

Evangalex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down