Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So much to learn

+4
Guvire
larry378
Armitaage
God_of_War
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So much to learn Empty So much to learn

Post by God_of_War Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Found this game 4 days ago and so far enjoying it a ton. I have made many mistakes through not understanding the game mechanics like wasting 30 skill points on BP and leveling up basic level A and B+ monsters. But we live and learn as they say!

I have max allies, am level 24 and am in a clan. I have 3 A level monsters and two A+ in my formation but now only training the A+ ones which are Ladon+ and Nidhogg+. One of my A monsters is Deep Dark Demon which I would love to find another A for and his stats seem impressive.

At the moment I am not sure what I should be doing with all the level B and weaker level A monsters I find either through the free summons or won on Mobius. Even though I understand that skills are important I tend to sell them for gold unless I need the skill for my group. Exception to this is any monster with preemptive strike or Agility up as I think these may be important if I can find the right monster to attach them to. Am I right to sell skilled monsters or should I hold onto them regardless?

Another thing I considered was the use of soul points in the game. It seems to me that if I used soul points on Dark Summons I have no guarantee of getting anything I want so could end up flushing a ton down the drain, which I wont do. Am I right in thinking that buying EPs is much better as I can then use them to trade for what I want? I am only looking to complete a set of Sin reasonable strength A+ monsters at this time. Problem is that I have no idea what a good price would be and would not want to spend 5 EP on something that I should get for 2! What kind of price do A+ monsters go for, or is that too broad a question?

Finally I have the following A monsters if anybody needs anything to evolve

Gigas
White Winged Elite
Tiamut
Slaughter Queen Bee X 2

I am interested in

Beelzebub (one of my current level As I want to make A+)
Deed Dark Demon

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

So much to learn Empty Re: So much to learn

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 am

About your question how to deal with skills, I have the following bit of advice: the only skills that are not much in demand are slumbering breath, venomous breath, and, to a lesser extent, crit up. Those 3 you can sell for gold without blinking an eye. Hold onto others, even if you don't use them in your party, as you can trade those for ep or bpp, or skills that you need.

As for sin teams that you're wanting to build... Well, sin teams are generally not cheap. Browse auction, this forum, or the wall of the player ranked #1 for the week to get an idea of what various cards cost.

I recommend that you try to get a Devil of Endless Night, Spite Devil Mage, Hellifield Devil Asura, and Child of Pit in addition to your Deep Dark Demon, and raise their skills, as well as levels. These make for one of the best sin teams, the sin demon team, although they're not all of them winged. Of course, be sure that all of them are rank A+

of the ones I named above, the most expensive is Asura, though pit can get expensive too, depending on his skill level. A pit+m(20) costs easily as much as a druantia the eternal AND a taroth. The last two I named are the cheapest rank AA monsters, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Hiya and welcome to the forum; this place is a fantastic resource for any player.

About Skills:
What Armitaage said about skills is essentially correct. I have something to add though; stack your B skill mons! As you play more you're going to
start running out of space for mons. Turn those Skill Level(1)s into Skill Level(3)s. You have joined the game during an interesting time;
this mobius event is somewhat unprecedented, and the volume of void summons has really put a damper on the skill-trade economy. I would
highly suggest holding onto your Agility, Increase/Descrease Att/Def, Health Up, and Covert/Impulse/Psycho Down; and to facilitate that; stack
your skills! Skills are always going to be in demand to some degree. They still are now in the midst of this event, albeit at greatly
discounted rates. These skills can basically be considered as a universally accepted currency analogue. They're fractions of an EP;
therefore valuable.

Preemptive, slumbering, and venomous are largely considered to be useless. It's not a bad idea to sell these to
the in-game shop if you're low on gold. HOWEVER: there are some players out there looking for these skills in bulk to max out their mons and
paying handsomely; they're hard to find, and they don't always exist. I personally just sell these to the shop.

Critical and Dodge Rate are in a similar situation as the above. Not many folks looking for them, but you can find buyers, and they're not as rare as
preemptive/slumber/venom buyers!

Sin Formations:
There are quite a few popular and effective optimized impulse formations!

Winged Brutes: Scorn Black Wings, Cruel Black Wings, Blazing Dragonoid, Black Wings of Despair, Immoral Witch Hilda (there is also a variant which replaces one of the black wings with a WWE (which is a psycho winged brute with agility); trade off impulse combo for agility mon, wouldn't suggest it unless your WWE has pretty high agility)

Winged Demons: Paimon, Deep Dark Demon, Devil of Abyss, Beelzbub, Devil of endless night (or balrog)

However; each of these are relatively expensive to assemble, they're certainly something to WORK TOWARDS, but you should consider one of these a long term goal, unless you happen to be incredibly lucky with your summons and find some of the rare members, or highly valuable mons to trade.

In the mean-time, try using partial combos! rarity, and impulse combo should be considered de-facto mandatory; you want to be running those at all times. Just because you can't assemble a full winged demon combo doesn't mean you shouldn't go for say... a demon combo.

For Example: I personally don't have any of the above 'optimized' teams, I run a Hilda+, Furnace+, Paimon+, Scorn+, and Cruel+; which gives me winged, impulse, and rarity. It's not going to put me at the top of the overall rankings, but it's quite functional.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Good advice, larry378, but I also have something to add about sin formations. Specifically, that non-winged demon teams are frequently a hair better than winged, due to having higher agility. When it comes to demon formations, attacking first is crucial. Since demons have high attack but lack defense and health, to win, they ABSOLUTELY MUST attack first. Funny thing: I've noticed that higher agi doesn't quite always go first IF your agi is reasonably close to the enemy's AND you have a higher preemptive strike. I suppose base speed could also affect the outcome, but I think that preemptive strike has a hidden small boost to agi
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Very true, I was naming optimized offensive formations (mainly due to the event). Plain 'ol impulse demon formations with a pit for agility also have the advantage of being MUCH cheaper than their winged counterparts
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Lol, is there even a winged demon with agility? I don't think there is one, but I may be wrong.

Edit: besides, when it comes to offensive ability, not much is better than a SDM powered up with +atk 20, lol. Trust me, I know from experience. Only rank AA/+ can hope to reach higher attack than SDM from the more accessible sin demons. SDM+m has over 7900 atk, lol, and has 6080 health, same as DEN. Only it's def sucks a bit, only 4500-ish.

Last edited by Armitaage on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Avoid double posting)
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:54 pm

There isn't a single winged impulse with agility. (I've looked, really wanted one for my winged combo)

It's pretty ridiculous since psycho has wwe which is wicked common, and covert has lindwurm which is fairly common too...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for A-Team to give nidhogg wings Smile
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Lol, be better if a team gave pit wings, imo, lol. But I suppose that would make sin winged demon seriously OP, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Armitaage wrote:Lol, be better if a team gave pit wings, imo, lol. But I suppose that would make sin winged demon seriously OP, lol.

It would make sin OP.

Winged demon formations can reach 64k+ attack
Demon formations (with agility) only hit about 54k+

that being said... I love my pit, and would not trade having agility in my formation for the world. In the current battle setup, it is often whoever hits first wins. In fact, with high enough agility, and a maxed team with 4x combo bonuses, an A+ team can often kill a team with a few AA's in it. Granted you are still going to fail against AA+ teams of 3-5 with combos... but until you reach higher levels you don't really have to worry about that much.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the great advise guys. At the moment I am focused mainly on the attack stat whilst trying to match as best I can. At the moment have just an Impulse combo working which isn't great. Will work on getting a combo together.

Stupid question, are the little monster icons over the top left of the monster pic something i also need to match? I guess it is but dont know what.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

When you are editing your formation you mean? No, those merely indicate that the monster in question is currently in your formation. The one that looks different from the other four indicates that the monster in question is your formation leader.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Guvire wrote:an A+ team can often kill a team with a few AA's in it. Granted you are still going to fail against AA+ teams of 3-5 with combos... but until you reach higher levels you don't really have to worry about that much.

quite true. There are also a surprising amount of teams that have AAs on them that are hilariously lacking in other departments; like they just lucked out on ally summons, got an AA and have no clue how to use combos.

Weird teams I've fought and beat with my lackluster formation:

KOTONE + lust + evilmoth + rusalka + wwsp

MOON SEA DRAGON + i don't exactly remember + Blood Blob (I kid you not)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Just brought 2 Pits for a total of 4EP. Is that a good deal?

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Ouch. It's not the worst deal ever; but pits are 0.5-1 ep each (1-2ep for pit+)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 pm

larry378 wrote:Ouch. It's not the worst deal ever; but pits are 0.5-1 ep each (1-2ep for pit+)

Wow I thought Pit+ was one of the better monsters to have at mid level. Looks like I need to be more careful!

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Pit is valued for the agility skill. A pit with high agility i.e. 20. Is worth ballpark 75-100ep because due to sacrifice losses that takes about 100+ agility skills to create. In the future; don't rush into deals if you're unsure of values. Try using the price check sticky thread! Smile

Last edited by larry378 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:41 pm

No, pit IS one of the :better monsters, it's just that the supply is quite high atm, what with all the void summons. Still, I would charge 1ep minimum for a reg. It is an integral part of many of the best A rank teams.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Know the team I want now and Pit isn't in it so EP well spent! Just picked 2 Paimon for 10 EP which I think was OK.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:55 pm

2 paimon for 10 ep is a GREAT deal btw, those are usually 6-8
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Hopefully about to pick up an Asura+ 20 (7) for 20 EP. Fingers crossed on this one!

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Good lord man, where do you find your deals? Smile They seem to range from absolutely terrible (2 pits for 4ep is an obscene ripoff) to lottery winner good (paimon and asura, both of which are EXTREMELY desirable, and normally have 'set in stone' minimum prices)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Missed Asura Sad knew it was a great deal so couldn't get more energy potions brought quick enough! Sold it to someone else first. Got an Abyss off same guy for 3 EP though.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm

I can get a Mage for 3 EP also, should I definitely go for that?

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm

hIs the mage A+? If so, go for it, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Armitaage wrote:hIs the mage A+? If so, go for it, lol

Sadly not