Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling?

5 posters

Go down

Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling? Empty Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling?

Post by Bofemus Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 pm

So I'm jumping in on this new "Mobius Ages" with gusto (I'm on my 4th "raid boss"). Each defeated boss gives 3 summons. The summons seem to have a very high percentage of returning B+ monsters with skills, which is great...

However, I tried sacrificing one that had Decrease Enemy Attack to my Scorn Black Wings (current skill level 3) and... it only bumped her experience, and did nothing for the skill.

Then I got one that had Increase Party Defense, same as my Jade Rhinoceros Beetle (current skill level 1). Sacrifice... same thing. Nada, just an exp boost.

Anyone else hitting this? I started questioning if I'd ever "done it right", but yeah, I did twice... that's why the Scorn Black Wings has level 3!

Am I missing something? Dammit, I'm a bit irritated about this... Thanks for any help or feedback!

Bofemus

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling? Empty Re: Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling?

Post by laddder Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

There's a chance it doesn't power up, I did the same thing before and was confused myself. The forum also told me the higher your current skill lvl is the higher the upgrade will miss.

I heard a theory though, if you stack skills ex: agi (4) it will have a good chance to level a skill level 4 and above.

Can anyone confirm this?

laddder

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling? Empty Re: Is anyone else having a problem with skill leveling?

Post by grotum Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes, there is always a chance that a sacrifice of this kind will just add experience instead of increasing the skill. And the higher the skill level of your target monster, the more difficult it is to skill up.

I believe the current best strategy as decided by those on this forum to get your skill up with the least number of failures is:

sacrifice monsters with level 1 of the skill you want until your target monster reaches skill level 4.

Use monsters with a skill level of 2 until your target monster reaches skill level 7

Use monsters with a skill level of 3 until your target monster reaches skill level 9

And sacrifice monsters with a skill level of 4 to increase your target monster beyond skill level 9
grotum
grotum

Back to top Go down

Post by Bofemus Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks guys! I was clueless about the possibility of failure, and then having it work twice in a row skewed my expectations.

Bofemus

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Thats nothing it just took me 6 trys to get a sac monster up to level 3. When I saced it to my wwo at 6 no luck. So basically wasted 6 skills. Hate leveling skills
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty23 Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 am

Yeah, I have a Child of Pit+ at agi up lvl 5 and twice in a row today I took the time to sac a skill to another, succeeded in getting a lvl 2 skill, and both times got nada when I sacced the lvl 2's to my Pit. What a waste of time, gold, and skill monsters.

lefty23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down