Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mutation Question(s)

+30
Necromonger
ILVS2
qalnor
iheartz
Shinzengumi
dr_bong
Juggalo71
weare2econd
Xearo
Merren
The only god
hrothgar
kyan
Ahuizotl
TankReady
Khorne
CharliePrince
Sparty09
Bdtoole05
Zaytay
JinkoNeko
Sameldi
Psychoyoyo
JackSpectrum
boredomi
NightMend
Yosomono
Deathrow
Zamiel
Vorpal
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mutation Question(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mutation Question(s)

Post by Bdtoole05 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:11 am

I tried this mutation stuff only about 5 times, all mixing the same monsters with each other, all monsters being C rarity. I got two mutations in a row! The first was amarithine slime mixed and it yielded a copper golem C+. The second mutation I mixed two C Goblins (not sure which) and yielded a B+ Caim! overall i was very pleased with the results and will definately continue doing this:) It costs next to nothing to do considering that it is only 200 coins to do a lvl 1 sacrifice.

Bdtoole05

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 am

C's to B's aren't that useful. The bigger question is about mutating B's to A's if we could find out the mechanics behind that it would make things more interesting.

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by boredomi Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 am

Jinko im willing to donate some B's to you if you want to experiment....question..do you think they have to be the "same" monster?

I'll be away from my computer for awhile..i'll leave a msg on your DS profile
boredomi
boredomi

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Not sure but i hope not cause if they all gotta be same then the same B+ units to A? I been trying to burn c's to sacrefice to a few B+ units i have recently. I got like 5 of them all the way to lvl 14 lol no change. I was under the assumption if they mutated the B+ would have better chance for A mutation? I really wish the dev's would enlighten us on this subject... as well as do some other stuff lol.

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMend Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I don't think they added any new info to the help section about the gameplay. tell me if im wrong
NightMend
NightMend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sameldi Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Nope, the help page has remained the same. Chances are that they are going to remain that way for quite a while as I think mutation might be something that they could intend for the game as an...easter egg so to speak. If you think about it, if the possibility of generating a more valuable monster can come from fodder monsters then of course they would try to limit that supposed method to make it more profitable to the developers. Not only that, but the fact that you can get easily acquire a whole hoard of these fodder monsters make it all the more likely, so they might intend for only a limited amount of people who have been successful in this endeavor to know the supposed "system" of mutation.
Sameldi
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:55 pm

forget mutations they are such a waste of time... and gold ... and sacrefice units... i wish i could get the wasted units back since im so low on c units now lol

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd love more information from the developers on this.
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 am

They replied me like the third or forth day in through feedback response that they intended to add more info to the help sections as they said it was not complete yet... So who knows WHEN they will be adding more.

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparty09 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks a lot ! Very good to know :-)
I won't border waste my time and resources on mutation for now!

Sparty09

Back to top Go down

Post by CharliePrince Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 pm

honestly I think mutation is just a bonus, like something that can happen and you're like "nice!"

.....if given the choice of sacrificing to mutate or power up a card, the devs want us to use the sacrifice for powering up, not for the off-chance a mutation may occur

my .02

CharliePrince

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Good, I'll be awaiting this new information in the help section. Smile
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sameldi Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 am

That's good to know that we won't be left in the complete dark when it comes to mutations now.
Sameldi
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 am

CharliePrince wrote:honestly I think mutation is just a bonus, like something that can happen and you're like "nice!"

.....if given the choice of sacrificing to mutate or power up a card, the devs want us to use the sacrifice for powering up, not for the off-chance a mutation may occur

my .02

From what i read it can go either ways too bud... imagine doin 1 at a time on a rare A rank card... and it deranks to B+ or mutates to another useless common A non lord....

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Khorne Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah forreal, I had my first mutation today. 2 C+ malice imps mutated into, are you sitting down?--a C soul banshee.

Khorne

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMend Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

2 Dark Elf Blades = Poison mist spider B+ with crappy stats. how do 2 elves make a spider? i'll never understand...
NightMend
NightMend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Well that's not bad, Nightmend.

How long did it take you to mutate it?
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TankReady Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Sly werewolf + Cunning goblin gave me a Dark Elf Elite. Repeating the process only leveled up the second Sly Werewolf I used.

I'm level 24 and tried mutation only a dozen times or so, got 3 mutations in total.
Anyway none of them was any good.

TankReady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahuizotl Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:18 am

60 attempts+. Using Bs, Cs, B/C+, B into C, C into B, same species, same guild, etc etc and I've had a grand total of 0 mutations. It's teh suck.

Ahuizotl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:18 pm

was wondering do we need 2 monsters of the same level, type and everythingelse to make a mutation successful, or i can just randomly add 2 different kinds of monsters and get a successful mutation lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:25 pm

I really hope they make some kind of expansion to mutations. I'd love to sacrifice 1 Fafnir Newborn to a Sky Dragon and get a Tiamut... or something cool like that.
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorpal Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Yesterday I got my first mutation!

I sacrificed a Green Night Kobold to a Malice Imp and the result was a B+ Tree Leshy.
Vorpal
Vorpal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:51 am

I was under the impression that mutations is a bad thing. The dev seems to want to prevent single sacrifice to level up so added this in to give a very low chance of mutating a power A into crap.

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by hrothgar Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:16 pm

I have researched this topic quite extensively, doing many types of cross rank/same rank, cross class/same class combos, and never get any real results that are not random. I have even emailed the developers and asked them to be at least a little more detailed in their description of this function, as it is only as good as what the players are willing to put into it. What they told me was that they would consider my advice for a more detailed descripiton of this function, as i told them it is worthless to have a feature in the game that costs both time and monsters that no one understands.

With that said, here is what i know from thousands of my own experiments.
1. This function is only useful if crossing 2 "C" monsters. Although there is a slight chance it will work using "B's" the only result i ever got was another "B".
2. The odds are about 2% for a mutation to occur.
3. Mutations are completely random, it does not matter what 2 monsters u sacrifice.
4. The results are completely random, there is no formula to what will result from the sacrifice.
5. Don't waste your time. The developers dropped the ball on this one and it is NOT worth the time and expense just to breed a "B" monster. I think everyone needs to pressure the developers to either give more precise information on how this function works and what the incentive is to even use it, or just get it out of the game.

Thanks, Hrothgar

hrothgar

Back to top Go down

Post by The only god Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm

bread an A with an A... get an AA? for what i can read in help page, it is possible, but very rare to get an A mutation.
chances of summoning an AA from free dark summon are probably still higher
The only god
The only god

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next